Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Rick Vito Live Shows

For anyone who doesn't like torrents, here are two Rick Vito live shows. I got these off dime a few months ago. They're great shows with good sound. Many thanks to the original tapers. Hopefully, we can see more Rick Vito solo shows shared in the future as they seem to be a bit of a rarity.

Rick Vito
Hamburg, Germany,
Downtown Blues Club, 2002-04-12

FM > DAT > WAV > CD Silver > FLAC (Trader's Little Helper)

Crazy Cool
Homework
Feels Just Like Home
Mr. Lucky
Streamliner
I Loved Another Woman
Little Sheeby
Love Is Dangerous
Rockin' To Keep From Cryin'
Money And Love

Rick Vito: Vocals, Guitar
Charlie Harrison: Bass, Vocals
Rick Reed: Drums

The mediafire folder includes the original tapers info file and the ffp file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p2aabkmgczf50

RICK VITO AND THE LUCKY DEVILS
14. Rother Bluestage - Closing Show
WunderBar, Roth, Germany
April - 17 - 2005

---
from SEETHELIGHT7 collection # 409
another SANDHOOS blues experience
---

Rec. Info:
OKM2Pop -> I-River Juke Box -> unknown transfer -> external HD -> WAV 16/44 -> my HD -> Audacity (edit/remaster) -> WAV 16/44 -> TLH8 -> FLAC -> DIME ->
YOUR EARS AND MIND...rattling the snake till your baby's hot... Very fine capture of this rocking and rolling blues show. Had to ask back about the gear, as this
sounds far superior than OKM mics, especially the POP version can do. I was surpised! All thanks send out to the original taper, Mr. SANDHOOS, for his mighty grand work.

---
Rick Vito - for me - known as a longtime member of the late 80's lineup of FLEETWOOD MAC with much success, and blues musician of category "worldbest", playing some real tight
guitar and SLIDE, had complained about not smoking in the front row...in a bar...in 2005...Unbelievable! Since then front rows were foggy, due to most people's excitement to burn
one down to ease this feeling. Anyway, no smoking tonight, but some other down home fueling for you tonight. And be sure..I can't do my homework tonight, arent you? SB.
---

WUNDERBAR, SOMEWHERE EAST OF TENNESSEE...
FULL SHOW (111:36 min.)

SET 1
01. Ansage -> Intro (1:02)*
02. Instrumental (4:44)
03. Glory roads (5:42)
04. Money and love (5:30)
05. Rollin' and tumblin' (5:34)
06. Loved another woman (6:05)
07. Little Sheba (5:33)
09. Blues town -> (5:05)
10. Love is dangerous (7:22)

SET 2
11. Hole in my shoe (4:50)
12. Rattlesnake shake (4:06)
13. ... (4:56)
14. San Jose (5:38)
15. Carry him home to Rosie (6:07)
16. Rhythm (5:12)
17. Lazy love (4:50)
18. Homework (3:58)
19. Going to Las Vegas (6:55)
--- Encore ---
20. Going home (7:56)
21. Slide the blues (4:51)

* german language introduction.
Help/correction with the setlist is welcome.

www.rickvito.com.

THE LUCKY DEVILS...

Rick Vito - guitars, voice
Charlie Harrison - bass
Rick Reed - drums

Mediafire folder contains the original tapers info file and a zip file with photos from the show: http://www.mediafire.com/?4b35vzvyxgv1e

Last edited by saintbernard; 04-18-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Registered

Thanks!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just saw him this past Friday night (April 18th) at Don The Beachcomber's in Sunset Beach, CA.

Just Rick, Joe Yuele on drums (formerly with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers) & Dan Durran on bass. First time I've seen Rick in a trio format (even though it appears he plays that way pretty often) Previously when I saw him, he'd always had a 2nd guitarist or a keyboardist (or both).

Didn't sound empty at all...and Rick was ON FIRE!! (hopefully, somebody recorded that performance for posterity!

Probably one of the FIRST times I didn't sit there & list his set, as well. But, here's as close as I can get from memory, the order is probably off but, at least here are most of the songs he played:

Looking For Somebody
Fleetwood Boogie
My Baby's Hot (aka "Red Hot Gal")
Long Black Limousine (NOT "Long Black Car" that is on his Lucky Devils album)
When We Do The Lucky Devil
Pretty Girls Everywhere (Champion Jack Dupree cover)
Streamliner
I Wouldn't Lay My Guitar Down
The Glory Road
Homework
Slide The Blues (or one that sounded awfully close to it)
Hole In My Shoe
Carry It On Home To Rosie
Feels Just Like Home
Going To Las Vegas (instrumentally...if it wasn't this song, it was one that sounded damned close to it)
Bayou Goodbye

Also, I think "Exotica By Night" was in there somewhere, too.

He's going to be back there at Don The Beachcomber's on June 6th in his KING PARIS guise, can't wait!!!!!!!

Last edited by chiliD; 04-20-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's two I have, both are from the Ohne Filter. The first one is a general show the second is from his DVD. I can't remember the quality for either it's been so long.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4q...hne_Filter.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1z...Filter_DVD.zip
Old 04-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Here's two I have, both are from the Ohne Filter. The first one is a general show the second is from his DVD. I can't remember the quality for either it's been so long.

Many thanks for these!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Musikfest will feature 500 performances spread across 14 stages

By Dustin Schoof | The Express-Times on June 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/musi...14_stages.html

The 2014 Musikfest festival will feature more than 500 performances spread across 14 stages, according to a news release.

Musikfest runs Aug. 1-10 within Bethlehem's Colonial Industrial Quarter, along Main Street and at the SteelStacks campus on the city's South Side.

Thirteen of the 14 stages will feature free music performances. The Sands Steel Stage will feature ticketed headlining concerts by ZZ Top, All-American Rejects, Jason Derulo, Sheryl Crow, Moody Blues, Steely Dan, The Avett Brothers, Alan Jackson, Weezer and Keith Urban.

Country singer-songwriter Sam Hunt will perform Aug. 3 on the Americaplatz stage. Hunt has co-written such songs as Keith Urban's "Cop Car" and Kenny Chesney's "Come Over."

Postmodern Jukebox -- led by jazz pianist Scott Bradlee -- is scheduled for Aug. 9 at Americaplatz. The group is known for their doo-wop, jazz and swing interpretations of pop hits by Lady Gaga, Carly Rae Jepsen and Lorde.

Grammy-nominated guitarist, and former Fleetwood Mac member, Rick Vito -- who goes by the stage name King Paris -- is slated for Aug. 2 on the Volksplatz stage.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post

Quality on both is GRRRRRRREAT {my best Tony the Tiger impression}.

Thanks, Matt for sharing those!

Last edited by chiliD; 06-23-2014 at 12:23 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Independent

http://www.postindependent.com/news/...od-vito-summer

The fourth season of the Glenwood Springs Summer of Music kicks off today at Two Rivers Park, with the classical guitar stylings of former Fleetwood Mac lead guitarist Rick Vito. Jazz Aspen Snowmass Summer Camp opens the evening at 6:30 p.m., followed by Vito at 7:30 p.m.

This multi-genre, free community music series will take place every Wednesday through July 30, rain or shine.

According to his website, Vito is a Grammy-nominated guitarist and performer who has been active in the music industry since the 1970s. He worked as a solo artist, songwriter, session musician and as a band member for John Mayall, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, Roger McGuinn and many other Rock And Roll Hall of Fame artists. He is best known as a member of Fleetwood Mac from 1987 to 1991, and more recently as the frontman for the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. Vito is also the recipient of the W.C. Handy Award, presented by the Blues Foundation to foster blues heritage.

“I joined the Musician’s Union when I was 16 and was playing semi-professionally through high school and college at clubs and fraternity parties, etc.’” Vito said on his website. “Two things happened around the time I turned 21. First, I was invited to come to New York City [along with my friend Rick Valenti] to record some demos with Todd Rundgren. The result was that a song we wrote, ‘Can’t Live Without Love,’ made it on a James Cotton Blues Band record that Todd produced.”

And though he found success in music in his teen years, Vito first discovered his passion for music at an early age, while playing his mother’s guitar.

“I started fooling around with my mom’s old Oahu Hawaiian acoustic guitar when I was around 7 or 8, after seeing Elvis and also Ricky Nelson with James Burton on TV,” Vito said on his website. “The next Christmas I found a little Stella acoustic of my own under the tree. Guitar was a natural instrument for me, and I’ve never put it down since. I don’t read music but I also play a little bass, ukulele, drums, harmonica and some very bad keyboards.”