Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I really think that, while not forgotten, what happened in the 70s and 80s is in a totally different realm from today. Everyone made everyone's life hell back in those days. Lindsey was an asshole, Stevie was a diva, John was a drunk, Mick was a mess, Christine was annoyed at everyone. That's just how it was.
What happened now I whole heartedly believe is a business/scheduling issue that really went south. I don't think anything triggered anything. At this point in their lives I think they just want to make their money in the easiest way possible and Lindsey's wishes for his solo project was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
It was Lindsey who delivered the ultimatum to FM. Not the other way around.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It was Lindsey who delivered the ultimatum to FM. Not the other way around.
So you are saying the 'inside' sources who advised members of this board that he had been fired prior to the announcement due to SN delivering a you or me ultimatum were incorrect?!

Do you also have insider knowledge of this? It seems strange that his family reacted the way they did if that's the case
Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
So you are saying the 'inside' sources who advised members of this board that he had been fired prior to the announcement due to SN delivering a you or me ultimatum were incorrect?!

Do you also have insider knowledge of this? It seems strange that his family reacted the way they did if that's the case
Of course they don't have insider knowledge. None of us can know exactly what happened but from everything I and MANY others heard and could read, if this ultimatum did happen, it was not Lindsey who issued it.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

After everyone's ardent defense of Instagram I went and did some digging for myself and if the things I read are legit then yes I believe that this is what really happened.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
After everyone's ardent defense of Instagram I went and did some digging for myself and if the things I read are legit then yes I believe that this is what really happened.
So what was his ultimatum? How can he then be fired?
Old 04-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they don't have insider knowledge. None of us can know exactly what happened but from everything I and MANY others heard and could read, if this ultimatum did happen, it was not Lindsey who issued it.
He did. He was willing to tour under his terms only. Contractually I don’t think FM could have prevented it. So they said no.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I would hope his family would support him no matter what happened. That is what family is for.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let's make our judgments based on source reliability.

Stevie issued an ultimatum according to Joe Compton, the man who took photographs on occasion for Tom Petty and posted on the Mike Campbell fan page. Has there been any secondary confirmation? Named sources only, please.

Lindsey issued an ultimatum according to....? Named sources only, please.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-14-2018 at 08:15 AM..
Old 04-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You know what? From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't given a lot of time for people to respond - the above is seriously all we have in terms of verified information from named sources.

If it is true that there is no named source for the Lindsey ultimatum, while you can say you think that's what really happened, leading people to believe that you KNOW it's what happened by "correcting" them with your version of events is another matter. I mean it was gleaned from an unspecified number of nameless accounts on Instagram of all places!

Side note: Maybe I'm just old but that seems particularly bizarre to me. I thought people just posted selfies and pet photos on Instagram. I know the Buckinghams have posted comments about their family on there but I didn't realize a bunch of industry insiders were spilling secrets on there, too. Unless they are named, of course, and then I'm interested to hear who, and what exactly they said.

However, I'm also uncomfortable putting complete faith into the narrative about Stevie issuing an ultimatum when it only comes from one guy who heard it third hand. Yeah, he was right about Lindsey's firing, but you've heard of the game of telephone, right? Where the details get fudged?

That guy also threw out a lot of stuff he "heard" about Lindsey "from hanging around backstage" that I found a bit suspect.

I REALLY would like a named source to confirm Compton.

Do we have one?

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-14-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Old 04-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You know what? From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't given a lot of time for people to respond - the above is seriously all we have in terms of verified information from named sources.

If it is true that there is no named source for the Lindsey ultimatum, while you can say you think that's what really happened, leading people to believe that you KNOW it's what happened by "correcting" them with your version of events is another matter. I mean it was gleaned from an unspecified number of nameless accounts on Instagram of all places!

Side note: Maybe I'm just old but that seems particularly bizarre to me. I thought people just posted selfies and pet photos on Instagram. I know the Buckinghams have posted comments about their family on there but I didn't realize a bunch of industry insiders were spilling secrets on there, too. Unless they are named, of course, and then I'm interested to hear who, and what exactly they said.

However, I'm also uncomfortable putting complete faith into the narrative about Stevie issuing an ultimatum when it only comes from one guy who heard it third hand. Yeah, he was right about Lindsey's firing, but you've heard of the game of telephone, right? Where the details get fudged?

That guy also threw out a lot of stuff he "heard" about Lindsey "from hanging around backstage" that I found a bit suspect.

I REALLY would like a named source to confirm Compton.

Do we have one?
I agree with you, I wasn't totally sure about Compton either, especially after I saw him make comments claiming Peter Green was drugged by Nazis because he's Jewish(?????)

And it's true he had a lot of friend of a friend on a bike claims. But in the end he was right about Mike Campbell and about the firing. So I don't find it hard to believe that at some point Stevie got fed up and said 'it's me or him'. Maybe Lindsey had made it abundantly clear he wouldn't tour unless he was allowed to do the solo dates as well. But there's a difference between that kind of ultimatum and something that threatens to get another member kicked out. Obviously we can't know exactly what happened and only time will tell as more info comes out, but it's just not that hard for me to imagine that it played out something like that.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
According to Elle's post (On the Mick's Social Media thread) of the Facebook conversation with Rick Turner, this sounds like it was a business decision, plain and simple . . . .

I'm no business expert, but clearly it would not make good business sense for them to allow Lindsey to solo tour in between the Mac shows. If Stevie or Christine asked to do that, they would be shot down too.

Jamie
Can you imagine if Stevie requested to tour her Bella Donna album or her Wild Hearts album during a Fleetwood Mac tour? I am no business expert either. But I can see why it caused an explosion. (IF this is what it all came down to. And I also see the many schemes Mick has pulled with the fan club, the guaranteed seats, the calendars, the meet and greets, etc. and I hated that too). I don't know what the remedy would be since I don't think we know exactly what happened. Is it possible that this outing for Fleetwood Mac could be a one time thing, and then maybe something else for The Five? With this band, who knows. But in the end, I will see this outing if it happens, I will see Lindsey solo when it happens, and I will hope The FM INC and LB INC can come to an agreement for the future.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quite possibly: both.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Let's make our judgments based on source reliability.

Stevie issued an ultimatum according to Joe Compton, the man who took photographs on occasion for Tom Petty and posted on the Mike Campbell fan page. Has there been any secondary confirmation? Named sources only, please.

Lindsey issued an ultimatum according to....? Named sources only, please.
Yes, thank you!

And even if Lindsey fought for this solo tour, at least he was fighting for something, unlike Stevie, who delievered an "it's him or me" ultimatum based on nothing. How old is she? 8?

They ambushed Lindsey. Even MC knew he was gonna get fired. When he was approached, Mick and Stevie were already thinking about firing him. So, no matter what he did, the decision was already made.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
She is both a narcisstic diva and an incredibly talented rock & roll icon IMO.
Just like Lindsey is both a jerk and a genius. I honestly don’t know any hardcore LB fans in real life but it seems like the majority of the ones discussing this online are unwilling to accept that maybe he, a notoriously difficult guy, could have been complicit and played some part in the split.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t think there’s any one hero or villain here. Just 5 messy imperfect people who can’t quite get it together.
you must be joking?! how can you be in FM fandom and not know any LB hardcores. well, you know me - from here. i guess you don't actually read what i have to say.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really think that, while not forgotten, what happened in the 70s and 80s is in a totally different realm from today. Everyone made everyone's life hell back in those days. Lindsey was an asshole, Stevie was a diva, John was a drunk, Mick was a mess, Christine was annoyed at everyone. That's just how it was.
What happened now I whole heartedly believe is a business/scheduling issue that really went south. I don't think anything triggered anything. At this point in their lives I think they just want to make their money in the easiest way possible and Lindsey's wishes for his solo project was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
i agree with most of what you say, but you have to throw into that business decision the dynamics of stevie and lindsey. in that recent Sirius interview Azoff said that it is a whole different kind of art watching people torturing in the band each other for no apparent reason. i fully believe people and the band he was talking about are stevie/lindsey and FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"