Yes 34 31.48%
No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I predict a new FM album with the new lineup after the tour.
I agree. The temptation to rub THAT in Lindsey’s face will be just too great.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Then Lindsey will have the last laugh when he realizes he is listening to Time II They can put that penguin on FB on the cover.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, but the thing is he was fired, not her. And he was fired because of her. They should have both been fired, but that's never gonna happen. So as it is now, it's unfair.
so true.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? .
we are just following your argument. that's the logical conclusion - if their dynamic, airing of which brought them all that huge success in the first place, has become too disruptive for any semblance of a work dynamic in the band, then firing both would make sense.

that's what you are arguing for, but then you somehow conclude that firing Lindsey is good enough.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not going to happen.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Not going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
i think TrueFaith is so right! if they can they'll try to make it happen.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Unlike others (not mitzo), I don't think that FM is behaving like a two year old and doing things just out of spite.

However, in both Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, they have taken on people who could play a major songwriting role in a new album. Campbell has written quite a number of songs with Stevie, and Finn has a very good reputation as a songwriter. Then there's Christine of course.

Dave Stewart might be a good fit in the producer's chair.

If they did want to record another album, then they're much better set for that, in my opinion, than they were in 1987-1990.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Unlike others (not mitzo), I don't think that FM is behaving like a two year old and doing things just out of spite.

However, in both Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, they have taken on people who could play a major songwriting role in a new album. Campbell has written quite a number of songs with Stevie, and Finn has a very good reputation as a songwriter. Then there's Christine of course.

If they did want to record another album, then they're much better set for that, in my opinion, than they were in 1987-1990.
that's exactly all correct what you are saying. it all fits. and it also fits nicely in sticking it to LB while having all long-time SN collaborators run the show.

they are behaving like 2 year olds. they always did. that's been the allure of this band.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, if they play Woman of a 1000 Years, I’ll go.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post

Telling Mike Campbell he'd have an opportunity to write songs for a Fleetwood Mac album and that he wasn't just being asked to be a glorified touring musician would have made the gig far more enticing to him.

If all the music was written for her by Campbell and she could just overlay her poems about her mother's death and her feelings about Tom etc., plus some old demos to fill it out, I could see Stevie wanting to do it, knowing how it would hurt Lindsey.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Exactly. While I still believe it's speculation that Lindsey was fired because of Stevie's wishes. There are four people still left in the band, and after putting up with the awkward dynamic between themselves for the better part of four decades to think that three of the four remaining members bowed to the whims of just one is a stretch for me. Regadless, I don't know why firing both would be necessary or that when it comes to the business decisions of five aging millionaires the reasoning needs to be "fair."

Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? Regardless of anyone on this board's personal feelings on the matter, Stevie has been and remains the biggest draw for the band among the general concert-going public. If it all comes down to money, the band isn't going to toss the biggest contributor to the bottom line. Beyond the financial aspect, there's no denying that Mick gets along with Stevie better on a personal level. Whatever posters here may think of Stevie and her diva-ness, evidence suggests that within the context of the band Lindsey has historically been the outsider. I mean, she and Mick are always showing up at things together and John has said any number of things over the years suggesting he gets along well and easily with her. Even allowing for Christine's opinion to be neutral on who she prefers to spend her remaining years on the road with, Stevie is edging Lindsey in an intra-band popularity contest.

Honestly, I'm only surprised it took this long for someone to get fired from this petty, mixed-up band. And while I'm inclined to think the problem may have started with a touring disagreement that escalated into a clash of personalities that couldn't stand to be together any longer...I really am not at all surprised that if one person is out, that person is Lindsey.

From both a financial and a personal aspect, if one was going to be out...it seems like Lindsey was always going to be that one.
Hmmm, I guess you need a valid reason to fire someone. A fair reason. If not, then yes, they're all bowing to the whims of one band member.

So, Lindsey was fired because he's an outsider and Stevie is more popular? After 43 years that's a valid reason to fire someone?

Yes, please, Lindey, go away. You're socially awkward and financially useless.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m there. I was sad/disappointed the day I heard the news but now dealing with real life issues like my mother passing away, and it has put things in perspective. I really think all 5 of the members act like babies and have for years, but life goes on. Karma is a bitch and I have little sympathy for Lindsey. Though I am amused / confused because weren’t so many people here already going to boycott the next tour anyway because it was going to be another cash grab?
Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Though I am amused / confused because weren’t so many people here already going to boycott the next tour anyway because it was going to be another cash grab?
yup. i for one said that. (i also said it before the On With the Show tour, and i ended up seeing 7 shows )

but, from the first moment i heard of the possibility of the concurrent LB solo tour, i had no reason to go see FM anymore (unless he would do like all his Tusk songs with FM or something fantastic like that!). i was just gonna go see DC show and then follow his solo tour.

now of course, i have no reason whatsoever to go see the Mac tour. i love Chris, but not that much. she should have walked when Lindsey was fired.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. i for one said that. (i also said it before the On With the Show tour, and i ended up seeing 7 shows )

but, from the first moment i heard of the possibility of the concurrent LB solo tour, i had no reason to go see FM anymore (unless he would do like all his Tusk songs with FM or something fantastic like that!). i was just gonna go see DC show and then follow his solo tour.

now of course, i have no reason whatsoever to go see the Mac tour. i love Chris, but not that much. she should have walked when Lindsey was fired.
Christine must believe it was the right decision, like the other remaining members. Only they truly know what went down. We just know the end result.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Telling Mike Campbell he'd have an opportunity to write songs for a Fleetwood Mac album and that he wasn't just being asked to be a glorified touring musician would have made the gig far more enticing to him.

If all the music was written for her by Campbell and she could just overlay her poems about her mother's death and her feelings about Tom etc., plus some old demos to fill it out, I could see Stevie wanting to do it, knowing how it would hurt Lindsey.

On reflection I can see an album coming out at some point. The big plus for this lineup is the songwriting. There are now 4 renowned songwriters in the band. It has generally been Lindsey who has elongated the recording process so knowing Stevie did a quick rush-job on her last album I wonder if they'll be tempted to rush-through some sort of release?
btw, I believe the producer for Crowded House is....Mitchell Froom.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood