Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2002, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
Does anybody really think that Mick answered the questions randomly? I don't think so. It seemed to me, he only answered questions about himself, and avoided questions about everything else except for a few questions. I just asked about his golf because I knew he would answer it, and he answered it like 30 minutes after I asked it - so to me that doesn't seem too random - more like picking and choosing.
I totally noticed that, too, and it hacked me off. I love Mick and all, but you can bet he'll skip over questions about the Mac album to talk about golf and the wife and kiddies anytime. Like I care about those things! lol You were very shrewd to ask that, though. If I had known that he would sit there and ask keep asking people who's questions he answered "anything else"? "Anything else?" over and over again I would have asked a question about his lovely songwriting (lol) or "solo career."

It annoyed me that he would wait, like, 5 minutes for someone who's questions he already answered to think of another. No offense to those lucky enough to be asked something two or three times, it wasn't your fault Mick singled you out and spent a half an hour on three people!

It's great that he wanted to reach out to fans by doing a chat but I feel like it wasn't really all it could have been. The question timing was very confusing. They would say "Hold" and the whole board would be still for, like, 5 minutes while Mick "thought hard" about questions like "Do Stevie and Lindsey have the same number of songs on the album"? Then after he anwered, we were all left wondering, "Do we start asking questions again now?" No one let us know, except once, where Mick said "Fire away."

I hate to be so negative. Perhaps these will get better and, again, I do appreciate that he took the time to do it.

Old 11-11-2002, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts

If I had known that he would sit there and ask keep asking people who's questions he answered "anything else"? "Anything else?" over and over again I would have asked a question about his lovely songwriting (lol) or "solo career."

It annoyed me that he would wait, like, 5 minutes for someone who's questions he already answered to think of another. No offense to those lucky enough to be asked something two or three times, it wasn't your fault Mick singled you out and spent a half an hour on three people!

I hate to be so negative. Perhaps these will get better and, again, I do appreciate that he took the time to do it.
I totally agree. It annoyed me too, when he kept asking "anything else" forever. Half the time the person that asked it wasn't even in the chat anymore. Everytime he did that, I said to myself - What about all the rest of us and our questions? Then did you notice when he kept asking "anything else" and then the person would ask something he didn't want to answer (Like what Fireflies was about) he just ignored it and didn't answer it. There were definitely some questions I could have cared less about that he chose to answer. No offense to anyone but for example like when was "Two sticks and a Drum" going to air again. Um that's really interesting

Did anyone catch what he said when Barbara (I think) asked if Lindsey and Stevie had equal songs on the album. And he said "yes," something about seven wonders or something - like he was annoyed. Maybe I just didn't understand.

I don't want to be too negative either, it was great that he took the time out to do the chat in the first place.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 11-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
What about the lady that kept telling Mick that she still loved him etc. What's up with that? I (and others)told her to quit and she left right after that. What a weirdo.

I think that Knight booted her or he (who knows for sure) off the board and that's why they dissapeared so quickly.

I also think that is why Mick decided to end the chat there. If I remember correctly, he didn't even answer the last question.... someone asked if he wanted to say anything else to the fans and he said that he did.... but then the wierdo decided to speak and it was all over from there. It's to bad really....

Kate

Last edited by silversprings8; 11-11-2002 at 02:34 AM..
Old 11-11-2002, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well...I'm rather glad I didn't stay for all the madness!! I'm sure I didn't get "booted" off, just unfortunate timing from my *******(bleep)server. Anyway the most sensible thing would be to ask them to post a time limit for questions to be sent in by (eg. 3pm etc)...get Mick to think of the answers and reply by himself...or....draw names out of a hat and get those lucky folks to ask one question and get Micks one answer. Better still..lets just stick with The Ledge (MUCH more civilised!!!!)
Old 11-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:

Did anyone catch what he said when Barbara (I think) asked if Lindsey and Stevie had equal songs on the album. And he said "yes," something about seven wonders or something - like he was annoyed. Maybe I just didn't understand.

What happened was Barbara kept asking that same question over and over (a pretty silly question imho). When mick eventually answered it, Barbara must have missed it.

She then kept asking "did he answer my question?". Someone basically told her "yes he did now shut up" (i think it was 7 Wonder)
Old 11-11-2002, 08:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84
People were rude and wouldnt shut up and thats why Chris had to tell people to stuff it!!!

Get all annoyed as you want, but you should of been quiet to begin with, its not like it was that hard.

Alex
When you say "you should have been quiet" i'll assume that you were talking about someone else, because i knew how to follow the rules. (well...other then calling people idiots. heh)

The thing is...i think most people did follow the rules. There were a few instances when people spoke when they were not supposed to, but i think it was because they were in the middle of writing something and didn't see the moderators message.

I wasn't really try to offend anyone, but all the...

"HUSH"

"STOP"

"------------------------------"

"quiet...let the man think"

...was very annoying.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne2

What happened was Barbara kept asking that same question over and over (a pretty silly question imho). When mick eventually answered it, Barbara must have missed it.

She then kept asking "did he answer my question?". Someone basically told her "yes he did now shut up" (i think it was 7 Wonder)
Be fair. I think everyone was asking questions over and over in a hope they would be answered. I know I did. It was all moving so fast that she missed the answer. Also I don't see how it is a silly question. Give the woman a break

Pip
Old 11-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When you say "you should have been quiet" i'll assume that you were talking about someone else, because i knew how to follow the rules. (well...other then calling people idiots. heh)

The thing is...i think most people did follow the rules. There were a few instances when people spoke when they were not supposed to, but i think it was because they were in the middle of writing something and didn't see the moderators message.

I wasn't really try to offend anyone, but all the...

"HUSH"

"STOP"

"------------------------------"

"quiet...let the man think"

...was very annoying.
Not nearly as annoying as the people who continued to type when they had been asked not too

Pip
Old 11-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon

Be fair. I think everyone was asking questions over and over
Pip
this is true

I spoke about that situation in particular because AliP asked about it.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Just a suggestion...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Maybe chats are a BAD idea
Chats are indeed a bad idea if you are a Fleetwood Mac fan who wants some details.

Chats are a good idea if you are Mick Fleetwood & you want to whip several hundred people into a frenzy so that they get in the habit of continually checking out your Web site (& installing your latest screensaver).

The entire thing was just one big Goofball City. After the chat, I pulled out the most recent newspaper interview with Mick, which had far more pertinent info in a few short paragraphs than 25 crazy goofball chats could pack into an entire day's worth of real-time insanity.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Chat

I agree with David. I thought it was a complete waste of time and left after spending an hour and learning nothing. And speaking of Mick's valuable time, he probably has a lot more spare time than any of us do. I'll ask my question on his message board and see if I can get an answer out of that Knight guy.
Barbara

P. S. The poster "BarbaraStevie" who kept asking over and over whether Lindsey and Stevie would have an equal number of songs on the new album WAS NOT ME! Posters were specifically requested not to repeat questions - an instruction that she totally ignored and none of the moderators did anything. Mick finally answered her.

Last edited by Barbara; 11-16-2002 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:
I saw that answer and I took it a little differently. He answered yes to the question and then I believe he followed it with "will wonders never cease?" I think he was just joking - maybe making an allusion to the idea that they're actually getting along.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

I saw that answer and I took it a little differently. He answered yes to the question and then I believe he followed it with "will wonders never cease?" I think he was just joking - maybe making an allusion to the idea that they're actually getting along.
I took it to mean the same as you Les.

Pip
Old 11-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

Thanks Les for clearing that up. I couldn't quite remember what he said.

- LB
Old 11-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what happened!!!!!

Quote:

this is true

I spoke about that situation in particular because AliP asked about it.
Actually I didn't ask what happened after Mick answered it, I asked what did Mick mean when he did answer Barbara's question.

Les, anwered it for me though. Thanks.

- LB