User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2002, 05:07 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
I still can't understand people hoping that material they already know will find a way on the new album. Remember- the more tunes you know the less material is new to you! Imagine it`s going to be a single disc of 16 songs (still absolutely possible- better said I believe in this) and you already know 10 tracks out of 16- what a disappointment!

I understand and kind of agree with what you are saying but....are we SUPPOSED to even be hearing these songs???? i don't think so....and also, i think the reason we would want these songs on the record is so that the whole world can hear them and share in our enthusiasm (or non-enthusiasm as some peeps are expressing). There's only a small bunch comparatively that know these (bootleg) tracks.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
(or non-enthusiasm as some peeps are expressing).
"Non-enthusiasm" of ONE song! Geesh!!

C'mon bring on the album...I'm ready NOW!!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Typical...because of one comment to "body part" (albeit TRUE!), the entire point of my post is overlooked. Please re-read the post and comment on the POINT.
Actually, I think the "point" being missed, is why Stevie's weight (or anyone's) is even mentioned in the first place.
You, yourself, have said that a woman's weight doesn't have any correlation with her talent (although each and every one of the women you mentioned, battled their weight at some point during their career, based on the narrow-minded views of critics and fans alike), so why bother mentioning Stevie's "ever widening ass"?

It's called middle-age, and surely there are plenty of victims of *that* around here.
If Stevie was as thin as she had been thirty years ago, would there be any such derogatory comments? I think not.
Besides, I'd much rather see Stevie with some meat on her, than looking like a bag of bones.

And even though it might seem ridiculous to some, apparently it *does* bother people around here when digs are made about Stevie's weight.

It doesn't take much effort at all to have a little respect for the feelings of others, and refrain from making such comments.
And if I sound like I'm preaching... Oh well.

Say you don't like the songs she writes... say you don't care for the way she sings... hell, complain that she wears the same style dress all the time... but the minute someone mentions Stevie's weight, any desire they have for their opinions to be respected, flies right out the window.
"That's just the way it is.... "

Ugh... now that all of that soapbox preaching is out of the way, I wanna say that I'm really looking forward to the new album.
I hope that there isn't too much space given over to cover tunes, but I'm sure I'd even enjoy those.
And I'm not really worried about Fleetwood Mac breaking new ground... that's not what I expect from them, and it's not why I'm a fan.
I expect the continued refinement and maturation of the music they already make so well.
And I have no doubt that my expectations will be met.

Johnny Stew
Old 11-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up YOU GO JOHNNY STEW!!

Saying that about Stevie was uncalled for. You could have worded your sentence..

Again, a matter of opinion...that's exactly what I can't STAND about her...she can't sing a line to match what's going on musically to save her ever lovin mind.

...and you wouldn't have gotten feathers ruffled. We already KNOW you don't like Stevie.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I could've but I didn't; and...I don't apologize for how I did.

Don't assume you "KNOW" me, either.

I think the "sensitivity" level is WAY too thin around here.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think the "sensitivity" level is WAY too thin around here.
Is that another crack about weight?!?!?

Just kidding... thought I'd try to lighten the mood before we get embroiled in yet another war of words.

And yeah, maybe the sensitivity level is way too high around here sometimes... I agree... but it doesn't take much effort to respect other people's feelings. Hell, it's a lot easier than arguing, that's for sure.

Johnny Stew
Old 11-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith

I have always maintained that these two are just dynamite together, and that the underlying sexual tension just put the whole thing over the top!
I hope it still there!
AMEN to that! May I say you put that statement PERFECTLY!

"Searching for silence and dreams that breathe...
If I cannot breathe, then I cannot dream..." SLN
Old 11-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, Johnny Stew and Nicolel!
I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way...

Glad to know I'm not!
Old 11-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default For people not wanting "already heard material"

Quote:
The percentage of people who will be familiar with the tunes on the new album is relatively small compared to the number of people who will probably buy the album. I'd GUESS that 95% of the people who buy the album will have a FULL ALBUM's worth of "new" tunes they aren't familiar with. It's just us die hards who even KNOW that Lindsey had a double album's worth of material that never got officially released, and that most of it was leaked out. Plus, I'd prefer to hear these tunes as offered "officially" and "completed" over the very good, but far from finished versions that were leaked a couple of years ago; or from the poor quality reference demos of Stevie's that seem to find their way around in trading circles and mp3 sharing sites.
I totally agree! I mean, people, come on! I suppose if you guys had gotten your hands on demos of Dreams or Go Your Own Way in 1976 that you wouldn't have wanted it to be released on Rumours.

It's stunning to me that people are COMPLAINING about artists having the nerve to release songs they've already made demos for! Imagine that! GASP! Please, what do you think demos are for anyway?! Certainly not for downloading by fans, although I do so with abandon. However, I don't listen to the bootlegs and then turn around and criticize the artist for wanting to release them on an album as using "old" stuff!

This whole mentality amazes me. Think about what you're saying, guys.

Old 11-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Thanks, Johnny Stew and Nicolel!
I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way...

Glad to know I'm not!
No problem, I got your back , rather Stevie's back any day of the week! I love her, I love Lindsey but, I especially love them together! What a pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me it is not only about Stevie being better with him but also him being better with her! They are just magnificent together.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: For people not wanting "already heard material"

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts

I totally agree! I mean, people, come on! I suppose if you guys had gotten your hands on demos of Dreams or Go Your Own Way in 1976 that you wouldn't have wanted it to be released on Rumours.

It's stunning to me that people are COMPLAINING about artists having the nerve to release songs they've already made demos for! Imagine that! GASP! Please, what do you think demos are for anyway?! Certainly not for downloading by fans, although I do so with abandon. However, I don't listen to the bootlegs and then turn around and criticize the artist for wanting to release them on an album as using "old" stuff!

This whole mentality amazes me. Think about what you're saying, guys.
Another beautifully put statement that I am in total agreement with!

Old 11-07-2002, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Hmmm...

the Beatles fan in me is almost tempted to sing "All You Need Is Love" in here after reading these posts...lol..."Oh Well", "How Do You Sleep At Nite" Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I cannot fathom the dislike of Come, which as you all admit will be reworked indefinitely to accomodate for Stevie vocals or what have you. Yet even as it is, it stands out.

The verse is an awesome sound. The 'pulsing' is hypnotic and the panning vocals create a real tension.
The somewhat arbitrary percussion sets off the whole piece.

The chorus make this song. It is unprecedentedly heavy for anything Mac I've heard, mainly becuase it just focuses the musical parts on being straightforward and loud. Tango In the Night is likenable to this, but the backing vocals made for some 'uncertain' harmony overriding that piece.

Lindsey's screming is electric, especially at 3:50 where he tears sonic fabric, dissolving any preconceptions about Fleetwood Mac.

The 'whoah--oh-oh' at 1:37 is ....

And as for people's comments about 'disappointment at hearing the same ol GOS tunes' .... apart from the fact that they will be refined and possibly reworked, i cannot express how much I cannot wait to have a real official CD that features 'Down On Rodeo', 'Hit & Run', 'Thrown Down', 'Come', 'Twist of Fate', 'Re Rover', 'Miranda', perhaps 'Smile at You' ...

The fact they are songs of which I have heard versions is not the point. The point is that the unofficial versions I've heard indicate they are some of the best music material never released.

I pray they will be. Can you feel the fever?

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 11-07-2002 at 10:57 PM..
Old 11-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
[B Can you feel the fever? [/B]
I certainly can!

Old 11-08-2002, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cannot fathom the dislike of Come
Conversely, I cannot fathom the LIKE of it, either. So, we agree to disagree and get on with our lives?

(like I said either earlier in this thread, or elsewhere, I'm really afraid of seeing them in concert next year, them playing this song, and me actually LIKING it...coming back here, admitting that and then getting all the "a little salsa for that crow, chiliD?" follow-ups )

Of all of Lindsey's GOS tracks, "Come" is the ONLY one I continue to dislike...others I didn't care for originally have grown on me, but this one...nope. Whether or not it's included on the new album, I will enjoy the hell out of the new album...Geeeeesh! A Fleetwood Mac album with a song I feel compelled to skip?? Nothing unusual there...

Dog & Dustbin---ok, nothing to skip here
Mr. Wonderful---I pick ONE Jeremy Spencer "Elmore James" tune (a different one each time) then skip the others
English Rose---nothing to skip here, either
Pious Bird Of Good Omen---see Mr. Wonderful
Blues Jam At Chess---see Mr. Wonderful
The Original Fleetwood Mac---nothing to skip here
Then Play On---skip "When You Say"
Kiln House---USUALLY skip "Mission Bell"
Future Games---most of the time skip "What A Shame"
Bare Trees---ALWAYS skip Mrs Scarrot's poem and frequently "Danny's Chant"
Penguin---"Roadrunner" (used to be "The Derelict", too, but I'm starting to like that song...gotta find ONE of the two Dave Walker songs to deem as"ok"...and since their cover of "Roadrunner" is a stinker...The Derelict wins by default... )
Mystery To Me---nothing to skip here
Heroes Are Hard to Find---used to skip "Silver Heels", but not anymore (Now I've found a new order to program the album in, and it's gained new freshness...like spraying Febreze on a stinky car seat)
"white album"---usually "Warm Ways" and/or "Sugar Daddy"
Rumours---hardly EVER listen to this album at all...so I guess I skip the whole thing...only due to major "Rumours" burnout.
Tusk---99.999% of the time: "Not That Funny" & "The Ledge", about 1/2 the time, "Beautiful Child", "Never Make Me Cry" & "That's All For Everyone" (mainly because I program the album as a "single album"...leaving off a bunch of stuff)
Live 1980---don't usually skip anything here
Mirage---"Straight Back" & "That's Alright"...most of the time, anyway...occasionally I'll play it all the way through.
Tango---always, always, always, "Welcome To The Room...Sara"
BTM---again, always, always, always, "The Second Time"
Time--(hmmm, another one I don't skip anything...like with "Heroes...", though, I just don't play it in the order it's tracked)
The Dance---again, I don't listen to this much at all...if I DO, I pretty much ONLY listen to "Big Love" & "Bleed To Love Her"