Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Easy FM songs on guitar?

Are there any easy FM songs for the guitar?(accoustic, not bass)
Old 10-30-2002, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Never Going Back Again.

Post an mp3 of it later tonight when you've figured it out.

I can't play guitar at all. My dad can and teached me some chords once, so I was able to play the melody of NGBA , very ,. very badly. I couldn't even do it now if I wanted to. Guitar is so damn hard. I just play NGBA on my synth with guitar sound! Problem solved lol!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't play anything yet and can only play 3 chords.(A, D and E)
Old 10-30-2002, 09:07 AM

Actually, Never Going Back is tough. I had never even attempted it until a couple of months ago when I started getting into fingerstyle. I'm going to have to get a lot better at Travis picking before I attempt it again. Landslide is easier, though working in the little embellishments takes some time.

The easiest is Save Me a Place. The F-Gm-C7 strum pattern is as simple as it gets. I play it with a capo on the third fret. It's easier that way and the sound is more high-pitched, closer to the ukelele on the record. Listen to the record for the switches because they are not all the same measure.

Go Your Own Way is cool. Once you figure out the acoustic guitar riff, the rhythm part is fairly straight-forward.

Since I play mostly acoustic, I end up coming up with simplified ways of playing the songs. You'll find that a lot of Lindsey's songs (as in Out of the Cradle and Tusk) have such simple progressions that they can get pretty dull. Use your creativity to add little embellishments and keep them interesting. Don't expect them to sound like the record.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hell yeah!

Quote:
Don't expect them to sound like the record
Lol, my Never Going Back AGain on the piano/synth is completely stylised, not note for note. Its in a state of constant improvement, but its good to have something to play in lieu of the final product.

(Sorry, its off topic for guitars...but) on the other hand, I do try and copy note for note keyboard songs of Christine's, namely Over & Over, Rhiannon or 'Keep Me There'. (That's right Carne - if I don't get the sheet music soon I'm gonna go completely loony!!)
Old 10-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I played a real simpleized version of the Down On Rodeo demo (I know it's not a Mac song.)

D, G, A and D.

Matt
Old 10-30-2002, 12:36 PM

Matt:

For Down on Rodeo, put a capo on the first fret and play these chords:

G C D G for the verse

Em C D G for the chorus

The bridge is just D repeatedly.

Play it this way, and you'll even be in the same key as Lindsey!
Old 10-30-2002, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like CarneVaca said, "Save Me A Place" is probably the easiest FM song to strum to.

Also, have a go at Oh Daddy, Second Hand News, and the acoustic section of Go Your Own Way. Simple to play these but they sound great.

If you need help with any of the chords let me know.

p.s. If you want to have a go at a "solo", you can play the beginning of Lindsey's solo on "The Chain"......just hold down the 5th fret of ur B string and play it along with the open high-e as fast as you can....
Old 10-31-2002, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

p.s. If you want to have a go at a "solo", you can play the beginning of Lindsey's solo on "The Chain"......just hold down the 5th fret of ur B string and play it along with the open high-e as fast as you can....
For how long/how many times?
Old 10-31-2002, 10:41 AM

Mac Fan, you need to learn to play G C and D if you haven't yet. Entire rock 'n roll empires have been built on those three chords. They are essential. The beauty of those chords is that once you learn how to use a capo, you can essentially use the same fingering of those chords for just about any key.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I do try and copy note for note keyboard songs of Christine's, namely Over & Over, Rhiannon or 'Keep Me There'.
I do that, too, Joe---it's fun!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Mac Fan, you need to learn to play G C and D if you haven't yet. Entire rock 'n roll empires have been built on those three chords. They are essential. The beauty of those chords is that once you learn how to use a capo, you can essentially use the same fingering of those chords for just about any key.
I haven't got a capo. Why do I need one? I've tryed playing G and C a few times, but I couldn't play them without getting a buzzing sound.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:16 PM

You have to practice. Soon enough you'll get them. The buzzing should go away as you get more comfortable with the fingerings. Forget about the capo for now. Once you get the basic seven chords down, we'll take if from there.

You've got A, D and E down. Practice G and C. Then you'll have to learn F and B. (I still have trouble playing B, so don't worry about this one too much.)
Old 10-31-2002, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Fan

For how long/how many times?
From about 3:20 onwards.....even though LB changes from that at about 3:29 into something a lot harder, you can continue to play that high-e and 5th on the B from 3:20 right through to the end of the song and it'll sound fine.