The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Whos post do you enjoy the most?

It occured to me, that although we don't know one another personally (although some of you do, don't you?) that I've had some great laughs on the Ledge (youv'e got to have a sense of humour when your'e talking about a bunch of over 50's making music!!) and I figured my fav posts have come from people like...Tyshiria/Sulamith ( who somehow manage to get away with asking and answering all those questions we think about but were too afraid to ask!!)...David.. now he's an interesting guy, he seems to know SO MUCH, and yes, I thought he was really Lindsey too esp when he answered one of my posts in what I can only say was a very "Linds like" way..(hmmm) and also guys like Seteca and Chilid (our resident guitar gurus, although some of the technical stuff is beyond me..). Overall I really like the goofy posts and tend to skip the nasty ones. So.. who do you like hearing from???
Old 11-15-2002, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuigirl, I am so glad to hear SOMEONE gets akick out of my posts! Most of the time I think I just send people screaming in the opposite direction! lol! I am guilty of threadicide, I must admit, because I jump in and man, they just keel right over.
It's interesting that you put me right up there with Tyshira. I still talk to her a little in another group. I felt bad she got the ax. She really didn't mean any harm. Ah, well...

As for your question, I enjoy ol' Carne Vaca alot. I like people who are witty and have an unusual sense of humor and aren't afraid to say what they are thinking. I also like Nancy (sodascouts). She always has a very cerebral approach to an issue. J&J are also alot of fun, but they don't come around here too much anymore. The same of a few others.
There are lots of posters you can depend on around here to give an intelligent opinion on things, and even if I don't agree with it, i still like to talk to them. The problem with message boards is that you can't really convey humor, sarcasm, or curiosity very well sometimes. There are alot of misunderstandings when you aren't able to see facial expressions and hear the voice.

Well, I'm off to see what else what else I can get away with, and hopefully give you a smidge more entertainment.......
I gotta go hunt down Linds- AHEM! excuse me! David! yeah that's right, I'm supposed to call him David around here.....Shoot I keep forgetting!
Maybe you should wonder if I'm really Stevie.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I gotta go hunt down Linds- AHEM! excuse me! David! yeah that's right, I'm supposed to call him David around here.....Shoot I keep forgetting!
You guys just keep ribbing me. I'm me, I tell you. Me me me ME ME ME!!

I'm a screaming MeMe.

Quote:
Maybe you should wonder if I'm really Stevie.
Or Christine. I'm not really diggin' Stevie's "maturity." However, in the words of the immortal Ale & Quail Club, "You can't have a posse without the dogs."
Old 11-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awwwww, I'm just teasing ya! I thought you sort of liked it. ChiliD already squashed it anyway in another thread.
This is the Rumours forum, you know! lol!!
Start one about me, I don't care! haha!!
I won't mention it again.......If you say so.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, I was rereading your post, and I just had to laugh about the

me me me me me me thing!

Remember that commercial from a few years ago where Lindsey and a few other celebrities would sing "mi mi mi mi"? lol!!!
I don't even remember what the product was they were selling.... was that intentional?

Man, I've the tears running my mascara! Shoot! hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

See what I mean by alot being lost in the translation here?

Don't be upset, good buddy!
Old 11-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks sulamith!

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I also like Nancy (sodascouts). She always has a very cerebral approach to an issue.
Aw, thanks! I find your accolade extremely gratifying. lol Let me return the favor and say you are probably one of the most well-liked and diplomatic people on the board. Not everbody can talk favorably about Mimi and CarneVaca in the same breath! ;-)

Now, personally, I don't like to say who I love best because I'm afraid all the others will get jealous. hehe. Let's just say my favorite posters are the ones that are reasonable, intelligent, mature, engaging, responsive, and have a sense of humor. (This is beginning to sound like a personals ad lol) Not all of them agree with me all of the time, but they all participate in dialogues instead of going off on diatribes. You can tell their thoughts are well-considered and therefore worthy of respect. Now each poster can decide whether or not that applies to him/her. ;-)

Old 11-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Johnny Stew always is very informative.. so I like reading his posts. I love Sulamith's posts too. She always seems to say exactly what I want to say sometimes regarding S&L, but am too afraid to say it.. hehe I also really just like reading the posts that are interesting... posts where people put a different spin on things.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 11-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, you are right, because after I finished I thought of some others I meant to include like Johnny Stew, ChiliD, seteca, kristin (who has adopted one of my oh so eloquent tangents as a sig, no less, lol!!) Too many others to name...

I was sure I had given this thread the old kiss of death!
Here it goes again, skidding right back to the bottom, I'm sure!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I enjoy...

almost all the posts on here. I was a regular poster on another NG but it became nothing more than a big time "Hockey" fight...At least here its fun to read everyone's varied opinions...I have to say Johnny Stew, sulamith, ChiliD, CarneVaca & tommer all have some of the better things to say than most...lol...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-16-2002, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey! Thank you to those who mentioned me! I'm really glad at least some of you enjoy my usually guitar/LB inspired ramblings!

I must say I really do enjoy the posts of everyone on this forum, it's just such a cool place....talking with people from all over the world who love my favourite band and its awesome members just as much as me, on a daily basis....to say it's really great is an understatement. I've made some great "cyber friends" here and I look forward to posting and reading posts for a long, long time to come.

Old 11-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

haha...yeah, check out my sig....words of S&L wisdom from Sulamith!! Gotta love it....I think it is perfect!

And Alex......she always has great posts about S&L, but shes not around here as much anymore.

kristin
Old 11-16-2002, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Dear ... so Tyshira got the chop Well, see thats the thing isn't it , you really do have to be your own best censor . I'm always a bit worried that either Lindsey ( I sometimes hope he does though and can see how much we appreciate him) or Mrs B, are lurking as "guests" and some of the posts could be tough for them to read. I only hope Mrs Bs got a good sense of humour or just lets it go through one ear and out the other! I bet she's having a good giggle right now!!! If I was her, I'd sure be lurking and I'm sure Tyshira's out there somewhere too
Old 11-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Umm, well, um...Thanks!

There are MANY here's posts I enjoy reading...I don't think I want to list 'em by name, because my feeble mind will forget someone important and I wouldn't want to leave ANYBODY out.

But, David, sometimes your gastrointestinal system is something you shouldn't post about.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its funny, I never really go by name, I just read whatever interests me, but I must say there are alot of people on these boards who know their stuff or like to add a light touch to things and I enjoy them alot.

I also like when people post rare pics because I love pics the most.

Old 11-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been thinking about this for awhile and it's really hard to choose favorite posters. I find that most of the FM Ledge posters are informative, articulate, interesting. I'm constantly learning new things about FM and music in general as well as being entertained and amused.

Posters I keep an eye out for are seteca (very knowledgeable about music and playing music), Johnny Stew (a Stevie guru), Carne Vaca (articulate and not afraid of controversy), sulamith ( a genuine fan), Gypsy-Rhiannon (what's up in England), kristin and rhiannon1119 (what's up in NY), tommer (his quick dry wit can make me lol), Jessica Leigh (another funny lady), ERigby118 (it's poll time)...I miss Alex (bballgypsy) and all her smileys!!! there are sooo many others I know I have failed to mention...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 11-18-2002 at 02:48 PM..