Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Snuffed...

Well, VH1 has ventured into yet another Top 100 list, this time it's the Top 100 love songs, and no Fleetwood Mac (even solo members) to be found anywhere in sight. I would attribute more of the "love songs" to Christine...Stevie does write ABOUT love but they aren't usually "love songs," at least not in my opinion. I am surprised that Leather and Lace isn't on there though, that's the one I would think of. But Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, even Little Lies -- absolutely NOTHING. I just don't understand why Fleetwood Mac is always so overlooked, yet are considered to be "one of the greatest rock bands." As far as love songs go, I can't fathom why "Don't Speak" by No Doubt is on there. Umm...hello? That song is about breaking up, it's NOT a love song. Again, that song falls in the category of singing ABOUT love, but is not a love song. SO, if they did include Don't Speak in there, well what about Dreams or Silver Springs? I just can't understand why a band that is, again, "one of the greatest rock bands," never appears anywhere. The closest thing we have here is Etta James's At Last which Stevie covered.

While I'm on the subject of love and Fleetwood Mac, I was watching Will and Grace (a rerun) yesterday, and it was Will's parents' anniversary. While at dinner, he gives them a trip on a cruise, but finds out that his father is still having an affair, and then Grace finds out and tells him that his mother is also having an affair. He says to Grace, "This is great, everyone's cheating on everyone. My parents have become FLEETWOOD MAC!" I thought that was pretty funny, especially the way Will does it in that hyped up, freaked out and annoyed way he says things (which you understand what I mean if you watch the show).

Lastly, I'm annoyed because I woke up this morning and thought of something to post about, but now I can't remember it. Urgh!
Old 11-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched the first hour of that countdown and thought many of the same things you just said!

I did, however, see a stand-up comedian on the comedy channel a couple of weeks ago talking about teeny-bop girls and boy bands. He was slamming them and the state of music today, and then said, "Now Stevie Nicks.....there was a woman.....God, she was sexy! She was singing about real love and relationships and things you knew she had experienced........she was a real woman! ....And she was banging everyone in that band including the ugly girl and she was damn proud of it, too!"

I laughed so hard I snorted my Mello Yello up my nose!
Old 11-12-2002, 02:11 PM
joe

Default Re: Snuffed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
While I'm on the subject of love and Fleetwood Mac, I was watching Will and Grace (a rerun) yesterday....
I saw that too!
Old 11-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's quite ridiculous...I mean, I can't actually think of a single Fleetwood Mac song that ISN'T about "love" in some form or another....!!!!

And yes, if "Don't Speak" is there then why isn't "Go Your Own Way", or "The Chain"..??

aagghh...I could on and on, but I'm tired of complaining about VH-1's insane lists.......I've yet to get over Robbie Williams at no.1 in VH-1's "Greatest Men In Music Of All Time"............

Old 11-13-2002, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

aagghh...I could on and on, but I'm tired of complaining about VH-1's insane lists.......I've yet to get over Robbie Williams at no.1 in VH-1's "Greatest Men In Music Of All Time"............

Old 11-14-2002, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've yet to get over Robbie Williams at no.1 in VH-1's "Greatest Men In Music Of All Time"
Seteca, are you SURE that's accurate? Not that I'm questioning YOU or anything, but that is just too surreal to be real. It simply can't be true. Are you sure it wasn't "sexiest" or something, and not "greatest?" If it is "greatest," I don't even know what to do. I'm flabberghasted beyond belief!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he's right. I recall seeing one of those countdowns that had Robbie Williams at the top. Stupid, ain't it?
Old 11-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stupid as it sounds, it's true. I remember the whole thing...

Embarassing, to say the least.

Song of the moment - Who's Dreaming This Dream
Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Snuffed and Mad!!!!!

You all are so RIGHT!!! I got so darn disgusted that
I screamed and hollared at the tv and shut it OFF!
Especially funny as I was home alone yelling!!! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 11-14-2002 at 09:17 PM..
Old 11-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386

Seteca, are you SURE that's accurate? Not that I'm questioning YOU or anything, but that is just too surreal to be real. It simply can't be true. Are you sure it wasn't "sexiest" or something, and not "greatest?" If it is "greatest," I don't even know what to do. I'm flabberghasted beyond belief!!!
Hi Sorcerer386,

Yea, absolutely sure! It was the "100 Greatest Men In Music". Directly BEHIND Mr. Williams were Jackson, Presley and Brown. Never before has the phrase "WTF?!?!?!?" meant so much.....!

take care dude,

p.s. you can check out the entire list at www.vh1.co.uk if you look under "charts" then go to "100 greatest" then "100 greatest men in music".