Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New solo album - yes or no?

Will Stevie release any new music before she carks it?

At the very least she should release My Mother's Rings which she wrote where Barbara died.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Will Stevie release any new music before she carks it?

At the very least she should release My Mother's Rings which she wrote where Barbara died.
I had to look up the expression "carks it".

Verb. (third-person singular simple present carks it, present participle carking it, simple past and past participle carked it) (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, slang) To die. The guy was running, then he had a heart attack and carked it.

Wow. I don't know. What do you think secret love? You say she should, but do you think she will?
Old 07-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a feeling she will not. Low sales and I think she has no recording contract anymore after 24KG fulfilled her requirements for the last one. She will not bother if they won't sell well.

It is sad to see someone with such a massive back catalogue of unreleased songs, many of which are brilliant, fade out with only 8 albums to her credit. She could have 8 more.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I have a feeling she will not. Low sales and I think she has no recording contract anymore after 24KG fulfilled her requirements for the last one. She will not bother if they won't sell well.

It is sad to see someone with such a massive back catalogue of unreleased songs, many of which are brilliant, fade out with only 8 albums to her credit. She could have 8 more.

Never say never, she might. She certainly doesn't seem interested in it tho.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a feeling that she may try to do something solo (album or tour) to reingratiate herself to the masses after this last Fleetwood Mac debacle. I'm hoping for a recording, but will probably just get a concert.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she will. Lack of sales really got to her, she even said so herself recently that she doesn't even write as much anymore since no one wants to buy new music. She'll probably continue to do collabs like the Lana del Rey and Leann Rimes songs and little things here and there like the Gypsy rerecording and that one movie theme song, but I don't think she'll do a new album/new music. Maybe later down the line she'll release another Crystal Visions type of thing with some bonus 'new' songs/rercorded old demos but I really don't see her putting out a new album with new material. Obviously I could be wrong though.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think she should just focus on singles. Don't stress about a full album. Put out two or three good songs as they're ready, and be satisfied that you're making your true fans happy.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't rule out a 'Stevie Nicks & The Heartbreakers' album at some stage. A dream come true for Stevie and an ongoing gig for the band.
That said, I've mostly enjoyed her one-off side projects such as "Your Hand", "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems", "Gypsy" and "Borrowed" (which I just realised I've already listened to 89 times on iTunes!).
The upcoming collaborations with Mike Campbell could be promising because she'll no longer be getting his scraps that Tom didn't want. Having said that, I'd be more than intrigued with the results of any work undertaken between her and Neil Finn - such a duo could be astounding.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

re:I think she should just focus on singles. Don't stress about a full album. Put out two or three good songs as they're ready, and be satisfied that you're making your true fans happy.

This!! Other artists are doing the same. This would be more economical and satisfying for fans.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My ideal would be a 24KG2, but it is really unlikely I guess. We will probably get another retrospective concert or box set or something at some point. Don't know why she is so afraid of recording, 24KG took only like 2 weeks and received critical acclaim. Maybe she hates to pay for the production and not profit.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't know why she is so afraid of recording.
Because her recorded voice sounds so bad now?
Old 07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I think she should just focus on singles. Don't stress about a full album. Put out two or three good songs as they're ready, and be satisfied that you're making your true fans happy.
That's a good idea. The other thing she might find the inclination to do now (after talking about it for four decades) is a children's book with music or a Rhiannon treatment with music.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Because her recorded voice sounds so bad now?
She is better in the studio than live! Listen to her latest collaborations and she sounds pretty good, with Rimes, Del Rey, and with Lady Antebellum. Her song from the movie Hands was really well done too. With the appropriate production and guidance she can still spin a good web on a recording.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She is better in the studio than live! Listen to her latest collaborations and she sounds pretty good, with Rimes, Del Rey, and with Lady Antebellum. Her song from the movie Hands was really well done too. With the appropriate production and guidance she can still spin a good web on a recording.

She does sound good on those collaborations, but IMO she sounded heinous on 24K Gold, with a few exceptions. Where as I thought she sounded great on In Your Dreams. If she were to do another 24K Gold, I really think she should just have the old demos remastered and then maybe add 2 brand new songs rather than re-recording the old stuff.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
She does sound good on those collaborations, but IMO she sounded heinous on 24K Gold, with a few exceptions. Where as I thought she sounded great on In Your Dreams. If she were to do another 24K Gold, I really think she should just have the old demos remastered and then maybe add 2 brand new songs rather than re-recording the old stuff.
She was great on many 24KG tracks and tired and strained on others, probably due to the compressed recording schedule. I love the album anyway and would heartily welcome a sequel. No old demo releases for me thanks.