The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,850
Default

Thanks Rocka, that's good to know. At least people have buying options.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

I guess by now, whoever reads this will know why Chris Isaak's information was posted in this thread. It was almost like an infomercial for her new DVD/CD wasn't it?
The Stevie Nicks info-mercial....I mean the Chris Isaak Hour "full" interview with
Stevie has been posted at Chris Isaak's page on Bio.com.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
RockALittle250's Avatar
RockALittle250 RockALittle250 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The Stevie Nicks info-mercial....I mean the Chris Isaak Hour "full" interview with
Stevie has been posted at Chris Isaak's page on Bio.com.
Why does everyone think that it was a bad thing for Stevie to be pimping out her Soundstage on his show? I think it was a great idea, and most people complain that Stevie doesn't do enough self-promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
Why does everyone think that it was a bad thing for Stevie to be pimping out her Soundstage on his show? I think it was a great idea, and most people complain that Stevie doesn't do enough self-promotion.
"Everyone" doesn't think that it was a bad thing, and that includes me. I was
making a little joke of it. The only reason I called it an infomercial was because
the other artists' on Chris' show have sang more songs "live". Stevie's songs were
mostly from the upcoming DVD.

I enjoyed the show with Stevie. And I'm also a big Chris Isaak fan. And I think
it was a great idea for her to be on there. I hope she will do more TV appearances.

I think I'll start being "very serious" in all my posts.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 PM
RockALittle250's Avatar
RockALittle250 RockALittle250 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
"Everyone" doesn't think that it was a bad thing, and that includes me. I was
making a little joke of it. The only reason I called it an infomercial was because
the other artists' on Chris' show have sang more songs "live". Stevie's songs were
mostly from the upcoming DVD.

I enjoyed the show with Stevie. And I'm also a big Chris Isaak fan. And I think
it was a great idea for her to be on there. I hope she will do more TV appearances.

I think I'll start being "very serious" in all my posts.
Haha...i know you were joking, but there were other folks who had expressed that it was like an hour-long infomercial, but that's ok, because Chris gave her the time and she took it
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 PM
whitewingdove73's Avatar
whitewingdove73 whitewingdove73 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 106
Default

I have a question because I am confused. The new Stevie DVD cover in amazon is different from the one being sold in warner's preorder store. Both shows seem to be the same. The one being sold in Warner is longer in songs then the one being sold in amazon?

Also the same about the CD's. I was under the impression that the CD warner is selling is Stevie redoing songs. The one is amazon is live clips from the shound session show am I correct? Someone e-mailed asking me and now has me all confused lol
__________________

Intense silence
As she walked in the room
Her black robes trailing
Sister of the moon
And a black widow spider makes
More sound than she
And black moons in those eyes of hers
Made more sense to me
Heavy persuasion
It was hard to breathe
She was dark at the top of the stairs
And she called to me...
[/SIZE]]
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
RockALittle250's Avatar
RockALittle250 RockALittle250 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewingdove73 View Post
I have a question because I am confused. The new Stevie DVD cover in amazon is different from the one being sold in warner's preorder store. Both shows seem to be the same. The one being sold in Warner is longer in songs then the one being sold in amazon?

Also the same about the CD's. I was under the impression that the CD warner is selling is Stevie redoing songs. The one is amazon is live clips from the shound session show am I correct? Someone e-mailed asking me and now has me all confused lol
I'll break it down for you:

The Warner store is selling a deluxe edition which is a CD/DVD bundle, which has different cover art and the pre-order includes two bonus mp3 tracks (Rhiannon and The One)

Amazon is selling the standard edition CD with 10 tracks, and the standard edition DVD with all of the same tracks as the PBS version, plus Dreams and the orchestra version of Landslide.

The CD that both stores are selling has the exact same content, and the same goes for the DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM
whitewingdove73's Avatar
whitewingdove73 whitewingdove73 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
I'll break it down for you:

The Warner store is selling a deluxe edition which is a CD/DVD bundle, which has different cover art and the pre-order includes two bonus mp3 tracks (Rhiannon and The One)

Amazon is selling the standard edition CD with 10 tracks, and the standard edition DVD with all of the same tracks as the PBS version, plus Dreams and the orchestra version of Landslide.

The CD that both stores are selling has the exact same content, and the same goes for the DVD.
Thank you so much. I got the whole CD stuff wrong. Glad I asked.

Personally I like the album art cover that warner is selling better then the amazon one.
__________________

Intense silence
As she walked in the room
Her black robes trailing
Sister of the moon
And a black widow spider makes
More sound than she
And black moons in those eyes of hers
Made more sense to me
Heavy persuasion
It was hard to breathe
She was dark at the top of the stairs
And she called to me...
[/SIZE]]
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
RockALittle250's Avatar
RockALittle250 RockALittle250 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,478
Default Mick gushes over Stevie's new releases

I'm putting this here because i didn't want to start a whole new thread for it. In this radio interview from March 17th, Mick is talking about all of the bands solo projects, and basically says that if Lindsey didn't ask for the 3 years off for his own solo projects, that Under the Skin, Gift of Screws, The Soundstage Sessions, Live in Chicago, and his Blue Again CD all would have never happened. Plus, he thinks Stevie's new DVD is "incredible". You can download the interview here...it's labeled "TORONTO, ONTARIO CANADA radio station 680News"


http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2009/0...nterviews.html
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:35 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
if Lindsey didn't ask for the 3 years off for his own solo projects, that Under the Skin, Gift of Screws, The Soundstage Sessions, Live in Chicago, and his Blue Again CD all would have never happened. Plus, he thinks Stevie's new DVD is "incredible". ]
THANK YOU LINDSEY!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Mick Fleetwood Mac Peter Green Vinyl EP LP The Green Manalishi RSD 2020 Sealed picture

Mick Fleetwood Mac Peter Green Vinyl EP LP The Green Manalishi RSD 2020 Sealed

$35.00



MICK FLEETWOOD MAC DRUMMER  Autographed signed 8x10 Photo Reprint picture

MICK FLEETWOOD MAC DRUMMER Autographed signed 8x10 Photo Reprint

$9.48



Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac by Fleetwood, Mick picture

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac by Fleetwood, Mick

$4.84



MICK FLEETWOOD & FRIENDS Sealed 2023 PETER GREEN TRIBUTE BLU RAY & 2 CD BOXSET picture

MICK FLEETWOOD & FRIENDS Sealed 2023 PETER GREEN TRIBUTE BLU RAY & 2 CD BOXSET

$36.99



MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FRAMED CD DISPLAY JSA CERTIFIED COA AUTOGRAPHED MUSIC MAC picture

MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FRAMED CD DISPLAY JSA CERTIFIED COA AUTOGRAPHED MUSIC MAC

$199.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved