Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What's stopping her and them?

What is Stevie afraid of so much that she can't stomach recording new songs she has written, that she has publicly confessed do exist (case in point: my new obsession, My Mother's Rings)?

If she can put this novice piano playing that isn't that bad out into the public arena through Rolling Stone, and she can release an album of re-recorded demos...

Then what is stopping her recording new solo or even better, new Fleetwood Mac music?

We know that SHE WAS ASKED TO RECORD with Lindsey, Mick, John and Christine. Only a fool would go on record to pretend that she wasn't, except if one of those fools was a band member like Lindsey covering his and the band's arse, which is actually smart.

She is the disruption. She is the reason it has been FIFTEEN YEARS except for a MEDIOCRE EP since this band recorded new music. That EP was supposed to be a teaser for the On With the Show album. Instead they named a greatest hits tour after a brand new song never played publicly. Disgrace. Shame.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

What is Stevie afraid of so much that she can't stomach recording new songs she has written, that she has publicly confessed do exist (case in point: my new obsession, My Mother's Rings)?

If she can put this novice piano playing that isn't that bad out into the public arena through Rolling Stone, and she can release an album of re-recorded demos...

Then what is stopping her recording new solo or even better, new Fleetwood Mac music?

We know that SHE WAS ASKED TO RECORD with Lindsey, Mick, John and Christine. Only a fool would go on record to pretend that she wasn't, except if one of those fools was a band member like Lindsey covering his and the band's arse, which is actually smart.

She is the disruption. She is the reason it has been FIFTEEN YEARS except for a MEDIOCRE EP since this band recorded new music. That EP was supposed to be a teaser for the On With the Show album. Instead they named a greatest hits tour after a brand new song never played publicly. Disgrace. Shame.
How about because it is her life. It is her decision what she wants to do with her life. Sorry it doesn’t fit in with what you think she should be doing with her life. You are purposely going from board to board trying to start crap. Stop!
Old 02-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No! don't stop. Somebody actually wants to discuss stuff. Okay, perhaps there isn't the need for a new thread every 5 minutes but you shouldn't be deterred from asking questions and stimulating discussion.

I really think she's insecure about her song writing skills. When Chris and Lindsey started collaborating I think Stevie felt isolated. There was a time when she wouldn't mind for Lindsey to take her songs and make something great out of them. Back then he was obviously the musical genius. Now there's a bit of pride at stake. I think she'd like to think she's come on as an artiste and it would be a kick in the ass for her to have Lindsey working on her music.

btw, I still have no idea whether she shaves her legs.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t necessarily buy that it has that much to do with SYW or any animosity towards Lindsey, otherwise she wouldn’t have had him on her last proper solo album and been lobbying for a Buckingham Nicks “reunion” tour (which would have been weird, since they were fronting Fleetwood Mac by themselves at that point).

Stevie lives in the past and really doesn’t have much to offer these days, whereas Lindsey and Christine are looking towards tomorrow. Stevie doesn’t want to do NEW music because it’s just not in her anymore. She’d rather be the missing ingredient than pull her creative weight. It adds to what she thinks is her mystique. I’ll take that back if I see otherwise, but it’s been seven years since IYD.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t necessarily buy that it has that much to do with SYW or any animosity towards Lindsey, otherwise she wouldn’t have had him on her last proper solo album and been lobbying for a Buckingham Nicks “reunion” tour (which would have been weird, since they were fronting Fleetwood Mac by themselves at that point).

Stevie lives in the past and really doesn’t have much to offer these days, whereas Lindsey and Christine are looking towards tomorrow. Stevie doesn’t want to do NEW music because it’s just not in her anymore. She’d rather be the missing ingredient than pull her creative weight. It adds to what she thinks is her mystique. I’ll take that back if I see otherwise, but it’s been seven years since IYD.
bingo! She lives now for the "legend/icon" applause and worship. Nothing more. Strike that...the cash.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No! don't stop. Somebody actually wants to discuss stuff. Okay, perhaps there isn't the need for a new thread every 5 minutes but you shouldn't be deterred from asking questions and stimulating discussion.

I really think she's insecure about her song writing skills. When Chris and Lindsey started collaborating I think Stevie felt isolated. There was a time when she wouldn't mind for Lindsey to take her songs and make something great out of them. Back then he was obviously the musical genius. Now there's a bit of pride at stake. I think she'd like to think she's come on as an artiste and it would be a kick in the ass for her to have Lindsey working on her music.

btw, I still have no idea whether she shaves her legs.
I said that because, if you go look at the Stevie board, whoever this is is board hopping posting stuff to just get folks riled up. But, go ahead. I know that is popular here.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without hearing Mothers Rings I think it may be more like a Mavle Dormon or Lilly Girl type song that meanders and has no chorus to speak of and it just a mess of random thoughts. And she doesn’t refine songs anymore and rewrite them till they make sense and flow and are not so long they go on two minutes too long. She stopped Editing her work. It’s just her way or she’s unhappy which is fine for her but it reduces the overall quality
Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I said that because, if you go look at the Stevie board, whoever this is is board hopping posting stuff to just get folks riled up. But, go ahead. I know that is popular here.
Don't let it rile you up. You've got too much knowledge and devotion to get upset. Combat with your wits and knowledge. You and I agree on more than you think. I know you are devoted to more than Stevie. You just favor her because she gets blasted the most.

Same with me, only I favor Christine because she gets the least fanfare.

So have at it!! May the MacForce be with you.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This interview from 2013 is pretty revealing to me. If you skip to the 12:20s she starts talking about shifting from music to her drawing. Maybe this is what she has been doing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BClGWGzTy7A

Last edited by StevieandChris; 02-28-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 03-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's been talking about doing her coffee table book of her art since 2005...

As well as the Rhiannon film....

Then some sort of solo tour happens

Then talks about the Rhiannon film and the art book

Then a Fleetwood Mac tour happens

Then talks about the Rhiannon film and the art book

Repeat.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's stopping them from doing a run at the Beacon in NY?

What's stopping them from creating some sort of unplugged set that is filmed for DVD/CD with new arrangements?

It's such a drag that they've cornered themselves into this arena-only pattern of working. Not everything they do has to revolve around a 2 year tour. Especially in your 70's.

I guess money is king.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

What's stopping them from creating some sort of unplugged set that is filmed for DVD/CD with new arrangements?

It's such a drag that they've cornered themselves into this arena-only pattern of working. Not everything they do has to revolve around a 2 year tour. Especially in your 70's.

I guess money is king.
And there you've answered your own question. It's like they are being run by the promoters.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

I guess money is king.
Or they just don’t want to do any of that?

Christine and Lindsey were at the Beacon not too long ago. I was there. I personally do not like the venue, the sound is never good there in my opinion.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Or they just don’t want to do any of that?

Christine and Lindsey were at the Beacon not too long ago. I was there. I personally do not like the venue, the sound is never good there in my opinion.
I saw Steely Dan there around 2011 ish... Sound is so so.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't let it rile you up. You've got too much knowledge and devotion to get upset. Combat with your wits and knowledge. You and I agree on more than you think. I know you are devoted to more than Stevie. You just favor her because she gets blasted the most.

Same with me, only I favor Christine because she gets the least fanfare.

So have at it!! May the MacForce be with you.
Thank you. I appreciate that. I have made a concentrated effort over my last few visits here to try to join in non-contentious conversations on threads that arent bashing anyone. This is how this board used to be and I miss it.