Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Station on XM Radio

Coming in feb. sounds like a limited run Station?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Coming in feb. sounds like a limited run Station?
Cool!

It is a limited run, but the Eagles one started in mid-November for what was billed as a six week run, and it's still going. Perhaps if there's interest, the Fleetwood Mac one will also get a lengthier lifespan.

I don't have the service, but I'll sign up for a free trial to enjoy this.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-25-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-25-2018, 04:07 PM

Very cool!! I heard it announced today on Classic Rewind.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The press release mentions their current media contact! I've been wondering who took over after Liz Rosenberg retired.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...nel-1014002710
Old 01-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back in August I asked my sig other to email Sirius/XM for me about a FM channel since he has the account. I drafted my thoughts in email but when we pasted them into their comment box it seemed huge and we weren't sure it fit. I shortened a few things but below is my basic message he sent to them. The strangest part is that he never received a "thanks for contacting us" response. Nothing. I figured it disappeared. I'll never know if my email was read by them. But from now on till the day I die I choose to believe I'm responsible (at least partly) for the FM channel.

8/20/17

I've been a subscribing member since 2002. I love Sirius/XM radio but after listening for this long I think something's missing.

Please consider a Fleetwood Mac channel. This band has given the world incredible music for almost 50 years. They're still together and will tour in 2018. There's more than enough material--here's a few suggestions:

*Decades of music from different eras
*Solo works from every member
*Deluxe albums--Rumors, Tusk, Mirage and Tango
*Buckingham Nicks album
*Buckingham McVie album
*Chicken Shack
*Various TV appearances or songs featured in TV shows
*Music associated with the band thru collaboration or covers of FM songs: Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Taking Dawn, Warren Zevon, John Stewart, Randy Newman, Tom Petty, Don Henley, NIN, Walter Egan, Dave Mason,Tori Amos.
* LB movie soundtrack songs from these movies: Vacation, Back to the future, This is 40.
*Stevie Nicks soundtrack songs from these movies: Heavy Metal, Practical Magic, The Book of Henry, Twister, Against All Odds.
*Interview people who've worked with the band over the years. Few examples: book authors, the guitar and drum techs, Jimmy Iovine, Dave Stewart, Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat,
*Interview current members and past members like Rick Vito and Billy Burnette.
*Highlight each band member with personal info/bio/fun facts

My suggestion list is not all inclusive but will get you started. I hope you give the Fleetwood Mac channel serious consideration. The band and their music is loved all over the world by 3 generations of fans. Their music has stood the test of time----there is no expiration date on their greatness. Fleetwood mac is a diverse combination of British and American musicians; male and female singer/songwriters. Their songs are woven thru the fabric of popular music and have been the soundtrack for weddings, birthdays, and funerals.

You have an opportunity to entertain and educate your listeners. Underneath the well documented drug use and break ups there is the music. Consider the studio wizardry and guitar playing of Lindsey Buckingham. The unique voices and songwriting skill of Stevie and Christine. The musical chops of John and Mick--one of rock's greatest rhythm sections. They've had numerous lineups with multiple guitar players.There are 9 albums worth of music before the classic Rumors 5. Sadly, most casual listeners are unaware of the music and members prior to the Rumors era. Now's the time to share this with your subscribers.

I guarantee the Fleetwood Mac channel will be a hit.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I swear whomever programs The Bridge is a FM fan. They will play a song like You make Loving Fun sung by Christine, then Walter Eagan Gold, then a Stevie Nicks Solo Song And then Bob Welch Semtimental Lady. I swear this went on like four or five songs where a casual listener would not notice and just think they heard five unrelated songs. But I was like OMG!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've noticed that too. Didn't Stevie have a promo or something on the Bridge awhile back? I've heard pre Rumours Era Mac on the deep cuts channel. I really hope we'll get some new interviews or info on Lindsey's upcoming stuff and the band tour. Every radio in my house and car will be tuned to the FM channel 24/7
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 PM

^^^^ Good job!!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sometimes I swear whomever programs The Bridge is a FM fan. They will play a song like You make Loving Fun sung by Christine, then Walter Eagan Gold, then a Stevie Nicks Solo Song And then Bob Welch Semtimental Lady. I swear this went on like four or five songs where a casual listener would not notice and just think they heard five unrelated songs. But I was like OMG!
OH... and Dave Mason is the other one they throw into those clearly FM themed moments. It can't be coincidence. Although FM can sometimes be Incestuous in their cross pollination. Especially Stevie. Atta girl.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will just play my iPod that I have that has only my Fleetwood Mac/ Solo tracks on it when I just want to hear my MAC. Everything I own is on one Ipod. My dedicated pod to the Mac.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who have SiriusXM the channel was supposed to start today on Channel 4. It is not on. Am I the only one not getting it?

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 02-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I wrote a thread about this about a year ago. Stevie was running promos for the Bridge and stated anytime she takes a limo she requests one with Sirius-XM radio and tells the driver to put on The Bridge.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not getting it either. We called sirius xm today but they're not the programming people--they want to sell upgrades. One guy suggested the Bridge. We tried an hour later and a lady didn't know anything about it. I had to explain it's a designated channel! WTF! Maybe tomorrow?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'm not getting it either. We called sirius xm today but they're not the programming people--they want to sell upgrades. One guy suggested the Bridge. We tried an hour later and a lady didn't know anything about it. I had to explain it's a designated channel! WTF! Maybe tomorrow?
it's been delayed, for at least a week if not more.

the mac cannot do anything easy and clean way. always unnecessary drama!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's been delayed, for at least a week if not more.

the mac cannot do anything easy and clean way. always unnecessary drama!
That blows. Wonder what the issue is?