User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Messin' Up Lyrics?

We all know Miss Stevie flubs/changes the lyrics (GDW being the main culprit I think. LOL), so, when else has she flubbed/changed this tour? Also, when has Lindsey flubbed/changed lyrics this tour?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
when else has she flubbed/changed this tour? Also, when has Lindsey flubbed/changed lyrics this tour?
about Linds' messin' up on this tour, But I have a show from 1997 (Can't think at the moment which show it was) where Lindsey screws up the whole setlist by starting one of his tracks when it was obvious it was supposed to be the cue for the start of one of Chris' songs (He stops the song he started cold and sheepishly apologizes to Chris' for the major screwup)...Classic brain-dead moment!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We all know Miss Stevie flubs/changes the lyrics (GDW being the main culprit I think. LOL), so, when else has she flubbed/changed this tour? Also, when has Lindsey flubbed/changed lyrics this tour?
Well, not really part of the tour per se, but on The Today Show..Lindsey started playing Peacekeeper when the rest of the band started doing GYOW, and then he goes..."...maybe I'd give you my world, opennnneye, when you won't take it from meee..."

Don't forget "Don't Stop!" I know a lot of people liked Stevie's modifications to Chris' parts but ughhh....I hated them! I'm glad she went back to at least rhyming the lines.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Why not think about the things that you've done
"And not about the things that you've done."

I swear that she sings this each night.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3
Well, not really part of the tour per se, but on The Today Show..Lindsey started playing Peacekeeper when the rest of the band started doing GYOW, and then he goes..."...maybe I'd give you my world, opennnneye, when you won't take it from meee..."
That doesn't even make sense!! LOL!! I remember the playing flub, but not the lyrics.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense!! LOL!! I remember the playing flub, but not the lyrics.
THe weather...you just blame the weather for that entire performance. When Peacekeeper is the most well-played song in a short set that includes warhorses like GYOW and Rhiannon, you just blame the weather.

He was going right into the second verse "open up..." and then decided whoops, I mean "open-I"
Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default OT - Lyric Flub

This is off topic and probably belongs on one of those misheard lyrics websites...but anyway, it seems appropriate. My friend's little brother (I say little, I mean 22 year old!) was watching CSI one night about a year ago and says to his Mom, "why do they play a song about New Orleans when the show's in Vegas?" She of course, is totally befuddled by the comment. Come to find out, he thought that The Who song "Who are You" was titled "New Orleans." So yes, that means he thought the lyrics were, and I am not kidding..."Neewwwwwww Orrrleans, New New, New New"
Old 06-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember a major lyric flub from way back at the Buffalo Show May 15th 2003.

On Goodbye Baby she sings the first half of the song "And I who went to sleep in tears woke as 2 now only you remain"

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I remember a major lyric flub from way back at the Buffalo Show May 15th 2003.

On Goodbye Baby she sings the first half of the song "And I who went to sleep in tears woke as 2 now only you remain"
I had to go back and listen to the MP3...it's amazing what you will block out when you are actually at the concert but notice right away on the MP3.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I DEFINITELY noticed it the second I heard it in Buffalo. I did make sure I checked the Mp3 first to make sure I wasn't just hulicinating at the concert.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
"Why not think about the things that you've done
"And not about the things that you've done."

I swear that she sings this each night.
And it drives me nuts. I also despise how she sings "If your life is no good for you, just think what tomorrow will do." She manages to depress a happy song.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the Champaign IL show she sings in Destiny Rules "just to make sure that i could still feel you..just to make sure that you were real.." when it SHOULD go "just to make sure that you were real, just to make sure that i could still feel you." so not major but she got it backwards...

And never forget the ultimate Stevie lyrics flubs from the club show she did with Sheryl in early 2001 before TISL's release... "i said why cant I get on kaah, what can you do to make me survive? say youve had a little trouble in town, say your keepin some demons down..."

also from that show i loved when she sang "think i met my match again, passing round the candlelight, in the center of the blizzard you stood and cancelled all the light."
Old 06-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
And never forget the ultimate Stevie lyrics flubs from the club show she did with Sheryl in early 2001 before TISL's release... "i said why cant I get on kaah, what can you do to make me survive? say youve had a little trouble in town, say your keepin some demons down..."

also from that show i loved when she sang "think i met my match again, passing round the candlelight, in the center of the blizzard you stood and cancelled all the light."
I suspect she was drunk as a skunk that night. She flubbed every lyric on every song. SDMHA was PAINFUL.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You are right, it was a lyric flubbing night to behold..but it was also a very cool show, since Stevie never really does anything spontaneous like that show...so it was neat...and the lyrics flubs in a way added to that, some were just ridiculous tho...you would think she knew SDMHA ...I mean I can understand the new songs...lol..but cmon

Chris
Old 06-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is facinating. I never took to listening too intently on bootlegs but I should start LOL! More more!