The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:20 PM
ThePenguin's Avatar
ThePenguin ThePenguin is offline
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Ditto. I wonder if Mick knows JT lifted things directly from The Penguin to put on Mick's site. Remember that?
Those things disappeared from Mick's site almost as fast as the fan club compalints on Mick's chat.

Ahh, fond memories. I doubt Mick knew about that. (I'd hope he didn't think that was OK!)

-Lis
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:46 PM
DrummerDeanna DrummerDeanna is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 10,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Me! He may not be my all-time fave Mac member, but ever since I read his autobiography (what. a. trip.) I've been so charmed by him!
I like Mick too Being a drummer myself I've always been a Mick fan - granted he's not my favorite Mac member - but I do like him - though hearing about the JOnathan Todd stuff did hurt his rep in my mind a bit - I still am not anti-Mick
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:49 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I like Mick too Being a drummer myself I've always been a Mick fan - granted he's not my favorite Mac member - but I do like him - though hearing about the JOnathan Todd stuff did hurt his rep in my mind a bit - I still am not anti-Mick
If you're not anti-Mick by now, you never will be, dear.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:55 PM
amber's Avatar
amber amber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Posts: 23,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I like Mick too Being a drummer myself I've always been a Mick fan - granted he's not my favorite Mac member - but I do like him - though hearing about the JOnathan Todd stuff did hurt his rep in my mind a bit - I still am not anti-Mick
I know Mick is evil, and I understand that, but I like him when he talks on Camera. He's very expressive, and sometimes he makes jokes and laughs, and he generally looks like he's actually trying to tell you something; sometimes he gives somewhat candid information, too. Basically, I find him fairly engaging in those situations. Yes, I know, he is evil.
__________________
"Do not be afraid! I am Esteban de la Sexface!"
"In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I know Mick is evil, and I understand that, but I like him when he talks on Camera. He's very expressive, and sometimes he makes jokes and laughs, and he generally looks like he's actually trying to tell you something; sometimes he gives somewhat candid information, too. Basically, I find him fairly engaging in those situations. Yes, I know, he is evil.
Oy. He's trying to tell us to buy his wine.

Did you listen to that interview with him back when they had the Mac marathon and premiered the LIB tracks? Painful, I tell you. I was cringing for him. Yeah, yeah, I know, it wasn't on-camera, but it was still unbelievable.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
amber's Avatar
amber amber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Posts: 23,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oy. He's trying to tell us to buy his wine.

Did you listen to that interview with him back when they had the Mac marathon and premiered the LIB tracks? Painful, I tell you. I was cringing for him. Yeah, yeah, I know, it wasn't on-camera, but it was still unbelievable.
I'm not sure I have. But I would like to. Well, that's part of what makes him engaging, he's CRAZY, and he might say some stupid,funny, embarrassing sh**!
__________________
"Do not be afraid! I am Esteban de la Sexface!"
"In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm not sure I have. But I would like to. Well, that's part of what makes him engaging, he's CRAZY, and he might say some stupid,funny, embarrassing sh**!
The only thing crazy about him is how he tries to sell everything under the sun because he's Mick Fleetwood. Golf videos, drum loops, some mini stereo bull****, art prints, wine, etc. The man is tackier than Suzanne Sommers.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:14 PM
amber's Avatar
amber amber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Posts: 23,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The only thing crazy about him is how he tries to sell everything under the sun because he's Mick Fleetwood. Golf videos, drum loops, some mini stereo bull****, art prints, wine, etc. The man is tackier than Suzanne Sommers.
Yeah, I know.
__________________
"Do not be afraid! I am Esteban de la Sexface!"
"In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:15 PM
DrummerDeanna DrummerDeanna is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 10,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The only thing crazy about him is how he tries to sell everything under the sun because he's Mick Fleetwood. Golf videos, drum loops, some mini stereo bull****, art prints, wine, etc. The man is tackier than Suzanne Sommers.
lol...come on now - he hasn't resorted to QVC or anything yet...um..has he?

I also enjoy his expresiveness - especially when he plays - he just looks F***ing crazy and I love it

oh and as for Mick selling crap - I own a pair Mick Fleetwood Signature Series drum sticks
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:20 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
lol...come on now - he hasn't resorted to QVC or anything yet...um..has he?
No, but that's what makes him even tackier. At least slags like Suzanne Sommers are up front and honest about their cashing-in. Mick is just slutty about it all.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:31 PM
amber's Avatar
amber amber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Posts: 23,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No, but that's what makes him even tackier. At least slags like Suzanne Sommers are up front and honest about their cashing-in. Mick is just slutty about it all.
I think I like that!
__________________
"Do not be afraid! I am Esteban de la Sexface!"
"In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 02-20-2005, 07:57 PM
GateandGarden GateandGarden is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I know Mick is evil, and I understand that, but I like him when he talks on Camera. He's very expressive, and sometimes he makes jokes and laughs, and he generally looks like he's actually trying to tell you something; sometimes he gives somewhat candid information, too. Basically, I find him fairly engaging in those situations. Yes, I know, he is evil.
Oh geez. I hate it when I'm completely clueless, but you have to remember that I've been a fan for less than two years now...so can someone clue me in on what the Jonathan Todd thing is about? I hate for something to make me lose all respect, though. I certainly didn't think of him as perfect, but then again I don't think of any of them that way, so... Well, can someone either tell me or direct me to a thread I can read if y'all don't wanna rehash it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 02-20-2005, 08:02 PM
GypsySorcerer's Avatar
GypsySorcerer GypsySorcerer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KY
Posts: 6,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Oh geez. I hate it when I'm completely clueless, but you have to remember that I've been a fan for less than two years now...so can someone clue me in on what the Jonathan Todd thing is about? I hate for something to make me lose all respect, though. I certainly didn't think of him as perfect, but then again I don't think of any of them that way, so... Well, can someone either tell me or direct me to a thread I can read if y'all don't wanna rehash it. Thanks!
Try this:

Todd

Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-20-2005, 08:25 PM
GateandGarden GateandGarden is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Try this:

Todd

Ah! Thank you Krista! Man, what a fiasco! What a bastard. Is there any recent news on the situation with him, or, more specifically, is he still working for FM?
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-20-2005, 08:29 PM
GypsySorcerer's Avatar
GypsySorcerer GypsySorcerer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KY
Posts: 6,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Ah! Thank you Krista! Man, what a fiasco! What a bastard. Is there any recent news on the situation with him, or, more specifically, is he still working for FM?
You're welcome. I don't know what his current situation is - maybe some of the enlightened Ledgies can help us out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks  Show  Concert Poster 12

Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks Show Concert Poster 12"x18"

$12.95



Fleetwood mac World Tour charcoal short sleeve T shirt Unisex S-5XL NH9308 picture

Fleetwood mac World Tour charcoal short sleeve T shirt Unisex S-5XL NH9308

$24.99



Stevie Nicks 2024 Tour Local Crew Backstage Pass Concert Souvenir Fleetwood Mac picture

Stevie Nicks 2024 Tour Local Crew Backstage Pass Concert Souvenir Fleetwood Mac

$24.98



Fleetwood Mac Poster Tacoma Dome Original Lithograph Hand-Signed Bob Masse picture

Fleetwood Mac Poster Tacoma Dome Original Lithograph Hand-Signed Bob Masse

$39.99



1989 Fleetwood Mac Original Tour Program  #A990 picture

1989 Fleetwood Mac Original Tour Program #A990

$18.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved