User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Great quote, Gerald. In all the bootlegs I have heard I have never heard Lindsey do such a long solo at the end of Sara like he did in Tuscon. Great, great version and crystal clear.
I played it for the seventh time now, and tear up every single time. The exhausted lush feel of this version is breathtaking. At this moment I can not imagine I heard something more livedthrough, raw and deeply pretty before. And the imperfections simply add to that. And the tones Lindsey plays from 6.30 on are pure gritty melancholy. For now, it is the most beautiful musical thing I have ever experienced.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is almost playing a guitar part during the "great dark wing" verse parts. It's unlike any version i've ever heard. It's so percussive, full, lush and honest. unlike the current overly produced live version which (apart from Stevie's vocal) feels synthetic and phoned in
Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Christine is almost playing a guitar part during the "great dark wing" verse parts. It's unlike any version i've ever heard. It's so percussive, full, lush and honest. unlike the current overly produced live version which (apart from Stevie's vocal) feels synthetic and phoned in

I like the more traditional Sara piano track. I don't understand what's going on with the piano in those two verses. The rest of the song sounds amazing.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont see and links on those sites or I'm blind.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just bought Sara from iTunes, so that's an option now (at least down here) if you can't stream it...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is all far too good to be true! Here I thought that we would never see a release of these live performances, and wow we get the 5.1 mix of the album!? Ken did that YEARS ago! Someone pinch me!

I so also love this version of Sara and it's wonderful to hear a different era of the band on the Tusk tour than what we already have on Live '80 and a few of the soundboard recordings that have been circulating. Absolutely wonderful.

Curious - does anyone have any sound clips of any of the Wembly shows in circulation? I'd be curious to hear a bootleg performance in anticipation of the box set coming in the next few weeks!

Someone already said it here - it's a REALLY cool time to be a fan! hope you all are having a great week!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

there's definitely another guitar in there; it's not just Lindsey. It seems louder than Lindsey's lead. it annoys me. His lead needs to be a lot louder.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 PM

Wow, I can really feel the strings of the tack piano. Sounds acoustically amazing. Lindsey and Christine are really playing off each other. It's so good!!!! I love how they make it interesting for each other by improvising. Stevie sounds so good. Why did this not go on the live album? I wish they would do more backing vocals.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-05-2015 at 11:46 PM..
Old 11-06-2015, 12:18 AM

They blew the accompaniment at 2:03.. but like any pro.. you keep going... and that's that...
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is so amazing its hard to believe.
Can you imagine next year having the same thing for Mirage. Unheard demos, expanded tracks and a full Mirage tour concert?
Dream on silly dreamer
OH HELL YESSSSSSSSSS
my fave FM record besides SYW
soooo many outtakes
so many live shows
SOOOOO much to choose from

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Someone will also have to wave a big check at Stevie and Lindsey to motivate them to get off their asses and re-release the Buckingham Nicks album, replete with outtakes, demos and live performance recordings.
MAYBE for their 50th?????
come on people MAKE IT HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Old 11-06-2015, 04:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I absolutely love this live version. The crystal clear quality is just stunning. Although I was expecting that final and soaring 'Sara' near the end, Lindsey's guitar solo more than made up for it
Old 11-06-2015, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
For now, it is the most beautiful musical thing I have ever experienced.
I agree. I listened to this many times last night, including just before I went to bed. I felt that as though I'd gone to sleep wrapped up in the sweetest music I'd ever heard. Incredibly gorgeous combination of vocal, piano and guitar arrangement. Fleetwood Mac (this line-up) at it's best.

100X better than the studio version IMHO. This has always been a very special song to me, so to have this version is just wonderful, what a treat!

​And I LOVE ALL the imperfections.

I'm now VERY excited to hear the other tracks on the Live CD's
Old 11-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
there's definitely another guitar in there; it's not just Lindsey. It seems louder than Lindsey's lead. it annoys me. His lead needs to be a lot louder.
no. I my opinion it is not an extra guitar. What you hear is what jbrownjr calls 'the strings of the tack piano', I think.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, I can really feel the strings of the tack piano. Sounds acoustically amazing. Lindsey and Christine are really playing off each other. It's so good!!!! I love how they make it interesting for each other by improvising. Stevie sounds so good. Why did this not go on the live album? I wish they would do more backing vocals.
Well, more backingvocals could have caused less focus on the instrumental improvising. I really love the fact that they leave the singing to Stevie this time. She doesn't just sing the song here. She's telling the story as if she's coming to terms with it at the moment she performs it. It's gorgeous to the absolute max.

Last edited by shackin'up; 11-06-2015 at 11:01 AM..
Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
no. I my opinion it is not an extra guitar. What you hear is what jbrownjr calls 'the strings of the tack piano', I think.
Yes, yes yes!!