User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default fyi

@ellellew
just VIP packages pulled, but they still did not post update about shows being postponed: http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/l...q=lindsey%20bu @LiveNationUK #bureaucracy
2 hours ago

@Nickslive FLEETWOOD MAC NEWS
@mcd_productions Please make an announcement on the Lindsey Buckingham shows in Belfast and Dublin - R they Postponed? bit.ly/pzTp8i
2 hours ago

@ellellew
@LiveNationUK All Lindsey Buckingham UK/Ireland dates have been postponed according to lindseybuckingham.com/news/53391. Why is this not on your site?
2 hours ago
Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Nickslive (and i, to much smaller extent) have been contacting venues and Live Nation UK (still selling tix like nothing happened) via FB and twitter to get them to finally transmit the info they've been given. you all can do the same...maybe if they get enough complaints they'll finally do it. i'm sure info is just sitting on somebody's desk/email inbox, etc.
I told the Gateshead venue last night that I had heard about a postponement. They asked me where I heard it so I told them it was on Lindsey's site and that the Lowry, Salford had posted it too. They just said they had no news and are still selling tickets now.

Gill.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
I told the Gateshead venue last night that I had heard about a postponement. They asked me where I heard it so I told them it was on Lindsey's site and that the Lowry, Salford had posted it too. They just said they had no news and are still selling tickets now.
yeah the info must have not been transmitted from whoever received it to whoever is working sales. Nickslive told one of the venues via their FB page, and they replied they didn't know anything about it and blamed it on the promoter. 30 mins later they deleted their FB massage and just left the one from Nickslive.

but really, Live Nation UK is the place that should've pulled it.

Last edited by elle; 12-03-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
yeah the info must have not been transmitted from whoever received it to whoever is working sales. Nickslive told one of the venues via their FB page, and they replied they didn't know anything about it and blamed it on the promoter. 30 mins later they deleted their FB massage and just left the one from Nickslive.

but really, Live Nation UK is the place that should've pulled it.
All this modern technology and wonderful ways to communicate yet so much confusion.

Gill.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
All this modern technology and wonderful ways to communicate yet so much confusion.
guess people using it at the other end are still people...

i don't know, i'd say complaining here was a good start, now continue putting your bad mood into good use and complain to the venues, live nation, etc (you know - lemons and lemonade kind of thing).

after enough complaints maybe somebody will realize they need to let people know. not everybody buying tix reads the ledge or knows there is LB website. instead of venues continuing selling tix, you all should have already received emails from whoever sold you the tix saying shows will be postponed.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1030088]guess people using it at the other end are still people...

i don't know, i'd say complaining here was a good start, now continue putting your bad mood into good use and complain to the venues, live nation, etc (you know - lemons and lemonade kind of thing).

after enough complaints maybe somebody will realize they need to let people know. not everybody buying tix reads the ledge or knows there is LB website. instead of venues continuing selling tix, you all should have already received emails from whoever sold you the tix saying shows will be postponed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was told last night that if they heard anything they would be in touch immediately so as they are still selling tickets presumably they haven't heard or they haven't been able to find anything out. I think I'll make another call.

Gill.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Don't count on it!

But have a great evening anyway!
Thanks - I did! Am currently feeling no pain, although tomorrow morning will be a whole other story

Quote:
guess people using it at the other end are still people...

after enough complaints maybe somebody will realize they need to let people know. not everybody buying tix reads the ledge or knows there is LB website. instead of venues continuing selling tix, you all should have already received emails from whoever sold you the tix saying shows will be postponed.
Exactly! This is my problem with this whole issue. Lots of people still have absolutely no idea. If I wasn't a member here I'd still be in the dark. I posted the news on tumblr and a few people messaged me about it - they couldn't believe it and were clueless until I posted.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Still nothing on Live Nation.

The Lowry's site is the only one saying it's postponed!

Do we think the lack of info is due to all this happening right on the weekend?

Hopefully, if this is the case, tomorrow will bring more news.

A ton of ticketholders probably don't even know about all this!

I am so so so
Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still nothing on Live Nation.

The Lowry's site is the only one saying it's postponed!

Do we think the lack of info is due to all this happening right on the weekend?

Hopefully, if this is the case, tomorrow will bring more news.

A ton of ticketholders probably don't even know about all this!

I am so so so
Me too! And completely baffled - it's going to get to the point where people will be turning up at the venue.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

I spoke to the Gateshead venue this morning. They, too, have heard rumours of a postponement (probably from when I phoned them on Friday evening). They said they are unable to speak to the relevant people to get further information until Monday morning.

Gill.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Live Nation

Wondered if UK Ledgies might like to email Live Nation with questions and demand an explanation.

Try this email address for them:-

livenationexperience@livenation.co.uk

My thinking was that if quite a lot of us bombarded them, they might pull their fingers out and give us some information!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hmmm I'm not sure what's going on at this stage. You'd think he'd have contacted the venues before he cancelled?? Part of me is wondering if/hoping that the news on his site is just a hack.... There's no news of it anywhere else whatsoever....
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wondered if UK Ledgies might like to email Live Nation with questions and demand an explanation.

Try this email address for them:-

livenationexperience@livenation.co.uk

My thinking was that if quite a lot of us bombarded them, they might pull their fingers out and give us some information!!!
On it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
Hmmm I'm not sure what's going on at this stage. You'd think he'd have contacted the venues before he cancelled?? Part of me is wondering if/hoping that the news on his site is just a hack.... There's no news of it anywhere else whatsoever....
I dreamed it was a hack a few nights ago. Sadly I don't think that's the case, you'd think Lindsey's people would have got wind of that by now if it was.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was thinking that, but if all the venues haven't bothered tryin to do a whole lot about it how would he know? Only 17 or so people have even retweeted it from his page anyway so it's not exactly big news.... I know I'm clutching at straws here, but still, I hope we find out properly by Monday evening. I have alot of money riding on this ticket.....
Old 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
I was thinking that, but if all the venues haven't bothered tryin to do a whole lot about it how would he k how? Only 17 or so people have even retweeted it from his page anyway so it's not exactly big news.... I know I'm clutching at straws here, but still, I hope we find out properly by Monday evening. I have alot of money riding on this ticket.....
I would LOVE if this all turned out to be a hack.

When it was first announced that the Salford date was postponed; it looked for a brief moment like the later dates would go ahead, and they'd work it out so that they could play the venues they had to postpone later in the tour. It just seems so strange to me that only one venue seems to know what is going on. I think you're right though, I reckon we'll hear more tomorrow (you would think so anyway.)

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 12-04-2011 at 02:00 PM..