User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
For everyone who says blame Stevie, I say cut her some slack! Stevie has not released a solo album in almost 10 years. Granted, she had time to do it after 2004, but she didn't. And she had just spent the last 9 months touring and singing the same songs she has been singing for 30 years. I think after that tour she realized that she needed to do something with her solo career and get something new out there. She seems open to doing another Mac album, but just not this year. So I say that is completely fine. I just hope it isn't like SYW where FM goes into the studio while Stevie is still on the road and its very disjunct again.

Also, 3-6 months? Wouldn't it be interesting if Stevie and Lindsey released their albums on the same day?
Yeah,

The comparison in the sales figures would be interesting.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowie100 View Post
Aye European dates would be great, would love to see him but could only really go if he came to Scotland which I doubt he will, mind you Fleetwood Mac came to Glasgow
They sure did, and it was awesome! Where in Scotland are you? Aberdeen here.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I kinda like them all equally. Although I'd like to think that the next Fleetwood Mac album would be less of a mess than SYW.
I hope so! I'd love an album sometime in the next year but realistically we're talking in the next 2-3 if it is done at all. Say You Will is a mess but it had truly great moments.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
Yeah,

The comparison in the sales figures would be interesting.
Would it? I reckon Lindsey enters the US chart somewhere in 80-120 and Stevie breaks the top 10 but both are gone from the charts within a couple of weeks (Lindsey will on manage an entry on the release week and then drop right off). I don't know the figures artists need to get those positions these days but I think it'd be about 80,000 to 100,000 for Stevie and 10,000ish for Lindsey.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Lindsey tweeted. Maybe Dave Stewart would know

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Doesn't take much to reach the Top 10 (depends on the time of year). This is what the Top 10 Albums sold this week on Billboard.

1. 203,000 - Sugarland (debut)
2. 184,000 - Kings of Leon (debut)
3. 80,000 - Elton John and Leon Russell (debut)
4. 79,000 - Rod Stewart (debut)
5. 65,000 - Lil Wayne
6. 48,000 - Glee Soundtrack (debut)
7. 46,000 - Shakira (debut)
8. 43,000 - Eminem
9. 37,000 - Third Day (debut)
10. 36,000 - Darius Rucker's
Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey didn't say he had no plans to release one. He said he didn't plan to do it so soon, indicating that he's releasing a third one right after he just did those 2, long before he intended to do so.

Michele
Thanks, Michele. I haven't been able to listen to it yet.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I hope so! I'd love an album sometime in the next year but realistically we're talking in the next 2-3 if it is done at all. Say You Will is a mess but it had truly great moments.
Oh I agree. Getting SYW was better than no FMac album. I love Thrown Down... Murrow... Destiny Rules... SYW... Bleed to Love her. There are some gems worth having.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I should say that that is my interpretation. He didn't say the words "so soon" himself. The fact is, what he said was incomplete and ambiguous, because that line of conversation got cut off. But to me it was like was saying, "I hadn't expected . . . " rather than "I don't expect."

Michele
The way I interpreted that part of the conversation was that Lindsey shows up in the studio, Mark and/or Brian are like "Lindsey good to see ya, we'll be on the air soon. Sooo, what have you been up to?", Lindsey briefly mentions there's been an album he's been working on, he later is on air and then comes the "I hadn't thought I'd be releasing another solo album so soon" style comment. I could be very much reading into it, but it sounded to me like he was following up on something that had been briefly mentioned off-air and not confirming or even mentioning that actual thing just yet. Probably would have thought nothing of it if the subject hadn't come up just before, but because it did....
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
The way I interpreted that part of the conversation was that Lindsey shows up in the studio, Mark and/or Brian are like "Lindsey good to see ya, we'll be on the air soon. Sooo, what have you been up to?", Lindsey briefly mentions there's been an album he's been working on, he later is on air and then comes the "I hadn't thought I'd be releasing another solo album so soon" style comment. I could be very much reading into it, but it sounded to me like he was following up on something that had been briefly mentioned off-air and not confirming or even mentioning that actual thing just yet. Probably would have thought nothing of it if the subject hadn't come up just before, but because it did....
That doggone Judd Apatow being there prevented us from getting all the information we could!

Michele
Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That doggone Judd Apatow being there prevented us from getting all the information we could!

Michele
He IS evil.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think three people out of four should be able to force the other to participate unwillingly. That's not going to help the album quality or the tour that follows the album, if she doesn't want to be there or is not fully committed. I don't want that.

If Christine was there, Stevie would want to do it, even if she was mad at Lindsey, because she wouldn't want to be left out. But heck, even if she didn't want to do it with Christine there (which would never happen), I'm happy with what Lindsey and Christine could do without her (Tango). So, it would work for me either way.

Lindsey seems to think he might have had 20% of the power with Christine there and he thinks now he has half of it. He's wrong. He had more power, more leverage before. If he Mick and Christine agreed, that was all it took. Today, he can't get anything done without Stevie.

I don't think he does want Christine back, but he should.

Michele
Even as I was writing my comment, I was thinking that 'forcing' someone to do an album isn't the best for album quality. Still, they are definitely not getting any younger and there is only going to be so big of a window of time to get albums accomplished. I'm sure Stevie wants to do a solo album and I don't blame her for that, but she needs to work with FM, too.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Even as I was writing my comment, I was thinking that 'forcing' someone to do an album isn't the best for album quality. Still, they are definitely not getting any younger and there is only going to be so big of a window of time to get albums accomplished. I'm sure Stevie wants to do a solo album and I don't blame her for that, but she needs to work with FM, too.
Well, to chili's point, if she has to be forced to do it, then she should just quit.

ETA: If they are planning on doing another Mac album, then I suspect, fortunately/unfortunately, that it would fit Stevie's hint about the Mac having one more "kick-a**" album in them. That tells me that if she'll do it at all, she wants a swan song--and in that case, I guess I do understand why she'd want the break to do a solo album first.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-28-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
They sure did, and it was awesome! Where in Scotland are you? Aberdeen here.
I'm from Linlithgow, but in Glasgow just now for Uni. The Glasgow show was indeed amazing, was expecting Stevie to steal the show but Lindsey really was the star of the show!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Oh I agree. Getting SYW was better than no FMac album. I love Thrown Down... Murrow... Destiny Rules... SYW... Bleed to Love her. There are some gems worth having.
Thrown Down is my favourite track on the album, but let's not forget Running Through The Graden and Everybody Finds Out - they kick ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowie100 View Post
I'm from Linlithgow, but in Glasgow just now for Uni. The Glasgow show was indeed amazing, was expecting Stevie to steal the show but Lindsey really was the star of the show!
I was just in Glasgow the other weekend. I'm there a fair bit - always great.