User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Perhaps another date for you and I? It's been too lon since I've seen you my friend!
couldnt begin to express how excited I am. ive been so parched for new music from him, and to think soon (pray to the heavens) he will be happy on the road again!!!! swooneyyyyy i could about collapse right now. haha.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Parched for Lindsey !!!

We are in total musical agreement!
We need us some new Lindsey tunes!!! C.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now these are some great news! I hadn't expected his next album to be at such an advanced stage already, but it's great that it is. "Gift Of Screws" is his best solo album to date, and here's hoping this next one will have some tunes that are as strong, too. I'm looking forward to that one.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.
This!! I hate to say it, but I sometimes feel the same way.

Last edited by holidayroad; 10-27-2010 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey didn't totally rule out an FM album. He said they would probably record something (although that's wishful thinking on his part. He's been saying that since the SYW tour ended). Even though he left that hope open, we know it's unlikely. If they plan to tour in 2012, and SnL are doing solo stuff in 2011, they aren't going to have time to make a new album, in the limited space in between.

He's a nut. He thinks he has more freedom with Christine gone, but he has less. If she was there and she was game for a new album, we'd have one. Stevie would follow the tide. If Mick, Lindsey and Chris were on the same page, then we'd have the other 2 in the bag. Lindsey should want Christine back (in the recording studio, I know she won't tour) more than anyone, if he wants new FM music.

Michele
I'm sure Lindsey (and a lot of us!!) would be thrilled if Christine came back. Still, if three people in a four person band want to make a group album, the hold-out should have to give in and make the album.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I'm confused here. I just read that LB said he had no plan to release another solo album...so it seems all the excitement is a bit premature. I would love it, but from what I gather, he gave much more indication toward a FM album and even the release of BN finally...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where did you read it? Not good news
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Where did you read it? Not good news
It was on the nickslive blogspot...their summary of the Mark & Brian show.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well now Lindsey needs to either confirm or refudiate these rumours!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ok, I'm confused here. I just read that LB said he had no plan to release another solo album...so it seems all the excitement is a bit premature. I would love it, but from what I gather, he gave much more indication toward a FM album and even the release of BN finally...
Lindsey didn't say he had no plans to release one. He said he didn't plan to do it so soon, indicating that he's releasing a third one right after he just did those 2, long before he intended to do so.

Michele
Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'm sure Lindsey (and a lot of us!!) would be thrilled if Christine came back. Still, if three people in a four person band want to make a group album, the hold-out should have to give in and make the album.
I don't think three people out of four should be able to force the other to participate unwillingly. That's not going to help the album quality or the tour that follows the album, if she doesn't want to be there or is not fully committed. I don't want that.

If Christine was there, Stevie would want to do it, even if she was mad at Lindsey, because she wouldn't want to be left out. But heck, even if she didn't want to do it with Christine there (which would never happen), I'm happy with what Lindsey and Christine could do without her (Tango). So, it would work for me either way.

Lindsey seems to think he might have had 20% of the power with Christine there and he thinks now he has half of it. He's wrong. He had more power, more leverage before. If he Mick and Christine agreed, that was all it took. Today, he can't get anything done without Stevie.

I don't think he does want Christine back, but he should.

Michele
Old 10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey didn't say he had no plans to release one. He said he didn't plan to do it so soon, indicating that he's releasing a third one right after he just did those 2, long before he intended to do so.

Michele
Phew... That's good. I haven't had a chance to listen to the radio show yet so I have to take everyone else's word for what was said. I did think it strange that there were even rumours of an album being in the mastering stage if nothing was planned because mastering is the very final stage of the process and there would be no point doing it if you weren't sure of getting a release (it's not cheap).
Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Phew... That's good. I haven't had a chance to listen to the radio show yet so I have to take everyone else's word for what was said.
I should say that that is my interpretation. He didn't say the words "so soon" himself. The fact is, what he said was incomplete and ambiguous, because that line of conversation got cut off. But to me it was like was saying, "I hadn't expected . . . " rather than "I don't expect."

Michele
Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I should say that that is my interpretation. He didn't say the words "so soon" himself. The fact is, what he said was incomplete and ambiguous, because that line of conversation got cut off. But to me it was like was saying, "I hadn't expected . . . " rather than "I don't expect."

Michele
Michele, we have come to count on your interpretation of the innerworkings of Lindsey's mind.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For everyone who says blame Stevie, I say cut her some slack! Stevie has not released a solo album in almost 10 years. Granted, she had time to do it after 2004, but she didn't. And she had just spent the last 9 months touring and singing the same songs she has been singing for 30 years. I think after that tour she realized that she needed to do something with her solo career and get something new out there. She seems open to doing another Mac album, but just not this year. So I say that is completely fine. I just hope it isn't like SYW where FM goes into the studio while Stevie is still on the road and its very disjunct again.

Also, 3-6 months? Wouldn't it be interesting if Stevie and Lindsey released their albums on the same day?