Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure some people will want to kick me for saying this, but I'd rather have a new Fleetwood Mac album......... Still, if he is doing a solo album because Stevie won't agree to working on a Fleetwood Mac album, I have to say..........
Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'm sure some people will want to kick me for saying this, but I'd rather have a new Fleetwood Mac album......... Still, if he is doing a solo album because Stevie won't agree to working on a Fleetwood Mac album, I have to say..........
I think this is exactly why its happenning. Maybe they will do a FM tour and showcase their new songs!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't kick you because I agree with you. But as it is, there's a dirty great question mark on there ever being another Mac album. At least with a Lindsey and Stevie album to look forward to on the horizon we have some incarnation of the band to keep us afloat.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I wouldn't kick you because I agree with you. But as it is, there's a dirty great question mark on there ever being another Mac album. At least with a Lindsey and Stevie album to look forward to on the horizon we have some incarnation of the band to keep us afloat.
I'm definitely glad there will be new albums, but I just keep hoping for more new Fleetwood Mac material. If they really think they'll never get back together, they should tell their fans.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd rather have a Lindsey album than a FM album because I'd rather have more Lindsey than Stevie.

This is really excellent news. I take it that the album is coming out on Warner?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless I missed it, interesting that Lindsey didn't allude to this on the radio this morning. Though he did say he hadn't planned on recording another solo album so soon originally, so I do wonder if maybe something was discussed off-air, especially since there is apparently ten months until any FM projects get underway. I'm sure that's because of Stevie's album mostly but could leave good time for him if he's simply not confirming yet.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

could it be that my prayers have been answered?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Ledgie

Cannot. Wait.

I loved "Under The Skin" (his best lyrics ever imo) so really excited to hear there is an acoustic focus
Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

YES! Great news! I love Under The Skin if I'm in the right mood for it and so another acoustic album is more than fine with me! Looking forward to it but I just hope he does some European dates this time for the accompanying tour - but I think I can just keep wishing!

He's been so prolific lately, it's fantastic!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
YES! Great news! I love Under The Skin if I'm in the right mood for it and so another acoustic album is more than fine with me! Looking forward to it but I just hope he does some European dates this time for the accompanying tour - but I think I can just keep wishing!

He's been so prolific lately, it's fantastic!
Aye European dates would be great, would love to see him but could only really go if he came to Scotland which I doubt he will, mind you Fleetwood Mac came to Glasgow
Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Y E S!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
Y E S!!!!!
LOL
seeing him solo tour again!!!!!!!
this is going to be so f'in amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
im totally ampd! STOPDROPROLL...IM ON FIRE!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW Acoustic huh. Under the Skin was a grower. I hated it at first. Love it now so Another album in that vein is ok with me.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
TWO albums to look forward too?
I wish it were only ONE

Quote:
Totally. I blame Stevie. Then again: he apparently claims not to care if this is radio-friendly. Soooooooooooo, maybe he's getting out his left-pallette on this one (and the last two lol).

ETA: Confirmed:
http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2010/1...-new-solo.html

Quote:
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM PREPARING NEW SOLO ALBUM
After seeing a recent tweet today regarding Lindsey Buckingham working on a new album, I decided to follow up and contact RACK ATTACK RENTALS to find out if there was any truth to what they said... Turns out... that information is FACT! How cool is that!

"LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM prepares new solo album for release utilizing Apogee Converters from Rack Attack"

No information on when the planned release will be... or what direction Lindsey is heading in with his music... But it looks like Lindsey hasn't just been taking it easy since Fleetwood Mac got off the road last year... Looking forward to it!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-26-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he tours in England so I can go but I doubt he would *sniff*
Me too, can we bombard the record company or his website and hope that someone takes note!