Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
As for the lyrics in question I decidedly hear

"Did you ever go where i didn't know." I think it's pretty clear what he's singing. I don't understand all the controversy over mishearing them.
Well, I don't know . . . Lindsey is not the greatest enunciator. But I guess you're probably right.

I was thinking, "did you ever sneeze when I didn't blow . . . " but upon further listens, I reject that one.

Michele
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I don't know . . . Lindsey is not the greatest enunciator. But I guess you're probably right.

I was thinking, "did you ever sneeze when I didn't blow . . . " but upon further listens, I reject that one.

Michele
I think my contest "lightbulb" is going off again!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait, isn't the policy on this board not to post commercially released stuff?
If it's out on Tuesday I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it's not like you'll have to wait weeks to hear it.
People should just stop having little hissy fits about it.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Wait, isn't the policy on this board not to post commercially released stuff?
If it's out on Tuesday I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it's not like you'll have to wait weeks to hear it.
People should just stop having little hissy fits about it.
I don't recall anyone asking the "privileged" persons involved to share the song(s). You're completely missing the point.

But, yes, the song will be commercially released on Tuesday anyways. And if its true that reviewers/advance copies of the album are going out this upcoming week (as posted in another thread), I would say its somewhat likely that the full album will leak via the torrent sites by this time next week.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not missing the point Luke.
As a journalist I received the last Fleetwood Mac and Christine McVie albums ahead of release and I posted a long review because I thought people would be excited to know. I didn't do it just to say "look at me, I have the album and you don't!" I certainly didn't get a reaction like this anyway.
All Christy did was post the lyrics. Perhaps she shouldn't have done that, but knowing her she meant no ill will by it. The rest of this thread looks, to me, like people just discussing the clip.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not missing the point Luke.
As a journalist I received the last Fleetwood Mac and Christine McVie albums ahead of release and I posted a long review because I thought people would be excited to know. I didn't do it just to say "look at me, I have the album and you don't!" I certainly didn't get a reaction like this anyway.
All Christy did was post the lyrics. Perhaps she shouldn't have done that, but knowing her she meant no ill will by it. The rest of this thread looks, to me, like people just discussing the clip.
I'm grateful that she posted the lyrics at all. If the single comes out in a few days, I can wait. Personally, I get a thrill from anticipation. And I would personally LOVE it if, when they receive the advance copies, the people would write a nice review/description-most likely with a warning heading as the title. I like reading other people's perspectives and get a jest of what this album is going to be like.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm grateful that she posted the lyrics at all. If the single comes out in a few days, I can wait. Personally, I get a thrill from anticipation. And I would personally LOVE it if, when they receive the advance copies, the people would write a nice review/description-most likely with a warning heading as the title. I like reading other people's perspectives and get a jest of what this album is going to be like.
I completely agree- I did the same thing for Stevie's TISL in January '01- in retrospect, posting WAY more information than I should have. In the context of a review (which wasn't the case here, note), its more than appropriate.

There is, however, the problem of having that privilege and lording it over fans in various ways. Christy didn't do anything "wrong"- but, for me, it just reminded me of the way the "Peacekeeper" thing was handled a few years back (particularly because its the same handful of people)
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on, how is posting the lyrics worse than a review?
I don't see anywhere Christy "lording" it over anyone else. She didn't even discuss the song or anything!
She just posted the lyrics so we could all see, she probably thought it was the nice thing to do when she had them.
Personally, I'm glad she did.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Come on, how is posting the lyrics worse than a review?
I don't see anywhere Christy "lording" it over anyone else. She didn't even discuss the song or anything!
She just posted the lyrics so we could all see, she probably thought it was the nice thing to do when she had them.
Personally, I'm glad she did.
I didn't say she did. It was, however, needlessly intentionally ambiguous, which led to all the needless confusion about where one could download the full track.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion!
It's available in just over a day to buy! Christy is "privileged" for, like, a day. Wow! It's probably on bittorrent out there anyway.

Last edited by trackaghost; 07-27-2008 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
I think you are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion!
It's available in just over a day to buy! Christy is "privileged" for, like, a day. Wow! Anyway, it's probably on bittorrent out there anyway.
Completely agree!
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm not trying to argue. I just think that "Trouble" and "Countdown" were also "throwback" songs (like "Oh, Diane"). "Did You Miss Me," thus far, does not strike me as a throwback. I listen to that clip on Amazon and it reminds me of something that I can't quite place. But something "contemporary."

Well, it sounds like One Republic's latest single, as well as "What's the Wolrd Coming To". It has the same chord progression and rhythm structure.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Well, it sounds like One Republic's latest single, as well as "What's the Wolrd Coming To". It has the same chord progression and rhythm structure.
I don't hear the similarity.

Then again, I'm apparently the only person who didn't immediately think of "Kodachrome" when they heard first heard "Peacekeeper"
Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I don't hear the similarity.

Then again, I'm apparently the only person who didn't immediately think of "Kodachrome" when they heard first heard "Peacekeeper"
Oh well...my sister swears "Say Goodbye" is "Early Morning Rain" by Ian and Sylvia...
Old 07-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thumbs up

catchy little tune.. thanks for the heads up...
I'm hoping there will be a song or two like Family Man or Mystified...I love the guitar work in both of those songs..I could turn the lights down and listen to the solo and ending guitar parts to Mystified for hours and not get enough ... hehe