The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is really a shame for anyone that traveled but posting a quick response on his website is a classy, responsible thing to do. Obviously, he felt it was unavoidable. Personally, I have had a half dozen or more shows cancelled for either FM or Stevie gigs. Many were last minute. (TISL tour!) I am sure he canceled at the last possible second because he hoped to work things out with the venue. Apparently he tried to work out the problems all day long. I think I would rather have my show canceled than have a crappy sounding show where Lindsey was miserable. I feel especially bad for any fans who hoped to see him for the first time tonight. Hopefully he will either reschedule or you can travel a bit to see LB in the future. It is well worth it.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

god - i would have been so upset if i had tix to that show.

classy, true, that he posted the explanation.

classier? will be to reschedule a show in very short time in lincoln - in another venue.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
That is incredible! I am from Nebraska and thought that this would be THE show to go to...small venue, college town, etc. etc.

Hey "Doc" can you drive the 10 hours to see him in Boulder?? I saw him in Denver last November, and he is worth it!

As a word of warning to those coming to Boulder, Colorado...we do have the possibility of a snow storm for Monday...the weather people are all over the story...a storm tomorrow night (Thursday) and one predicted for Monday. If DavidMN is coming to Boulder, please warn him. He has already been in one snow storm this tour, and missed a show....right?
yup, snow storm on Friday and another possible one Monday and Tues. The news makes such a big deal here in Denver over snow so who knows - could happen and may not. I pray it's not as big as the blizzard in Dec - LOL! Anyway, I am not going to the Boulder show cause it's General Admission and now cause of the possible snow but I hope the show goes on and be careful all who are driving. I am sorry for fans in NE - that's really sad
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Lindsey is very upset
no doubt
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awww man! I really feel for those who were going tonight. I know how devastated I would have been had my show been cancelled. Sorry guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I can totally see why Lindsey would stand his ground and cancel if he thought their sound system wouldn't present him in the proper light... He would not have been happy up there, and the show would have suffered.... Now what's worse, putting on a crap show or cancelling?
Exactly!! Alotta guitars might have been destroyed.

Last edited by Lisa1769; 04-12-2007 at 02:05 AM..
Old 04-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Lisa1769, Yer signature ^^^ is freaking me out. Are you using Flash for it cause it looks like a rather cool effect!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Hey Lisa1769, Yer signature ^^^ is freaking me out. Are you using Flash for it cause it looks like a rather cool effect!

Thanks Brian! I actually stole the idea from gretchen (thanks gretchen ) I saw she had one in her sig and it was a new thingy photobucket has. I hadn't changed my sig in 5 years so I thought I would give it try. It took me awhile, but I gotter done!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default lincoln

I have seen several shows at this venue the sound is very good nothing wrong with the PA whatsoever someone was being a baby! guess who?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

you know, i live 50 miles from lincoln & was so going to this show, but decided last minute to instead take the money & buy tix for my step-ma for the upcoming sold-out billy joel show in my town (she has NEVER been to a concert & billy is her love) for her birthday~ i am so happy this is the road i chose~ now i LURVE, LURVE our lindsey, but i woulda been 1 hot mama if i spent the loot, shut down my daycare early & driven down there all to have it cancelled~ i can't tell you how many stevie/fm shows that have been cancelled on me & i think this being my 1st lindsey show, it woulda been the straw that broke the camel's back~ i feel so bad for all who did attended, drove all that way, let's face it lincoln, nebraska is in the middle of nowhere (i'm a nebraksa native, i can honestly say this )to have this happen ~
i am sorry for everyone ~
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so pleased there was a quick response by the management team! I'm sure Lindsey will reschedule...something will be figured out ("he looks forward to returning to Lincoln but under much better conditions."). You know he has to feel bad about the fans.

For all of you that had tickets...I know it still sucks.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I can totally see why Lindsey would stand his ground and cancel if he thought their sound system wouldn't present him in the proper light... He would not have been happy up there, and the show would have suffered.... Now what's worse, putting on a crap show or cancelling?
I personally think that canceling a show because you're too spoiled to have anything less than the absolute best sound equipment known to man is beyond lame. The show doesn't need to suffer because of merely "good" sound. Relying on speakers to make the show enjoyable isn't exactly what Lindsey's about. I don't think too many people would walk away from a Lindsey Buckingham solo show thinking "sure he played unbelievably, had manic intensity I've never seen from a teenager, and inspired me to heights I'd never thought possible, but his voice wasn't crystal clear! I've lost all respect for the man."
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
I personally think that canceling a show because you're too spoiled to have anything less than the absolute best sound equipment known to man is beyond lame. The show doesn't need to suffer because of merely "good" sound. Relying on speakers to make the show enjoyable isn't exactly what Lindsey's about. I don't think too many people would walk away from a Lindsey Buckingham solo show thinking "sure he played unbelievably, had manic intensity I've never seen from a teenager, and inspired me to heights I'd never thought possible, but his voice wasn't crystal clear! I've lost all respect for the man."
I totally agree with you and will never purchase a cd or ticket of his again!
He owes these people a free show for the inconvience! And I have been at mac shows where the sound was horible no I didn't leave either, Hey Lindsay
grow up !

Last edited by STEVEHEDRICK; 04-12-2007 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
Lindsay

I have been to plenty of shows that have been cancelled - FM and otherwise - a refund is due not a free show.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I personally think that canceling a show because you're too spoiled to have anything less than the absolute best sound equipment known to man is beyond lame.
I think people are really too quick to jump on him considering no one was actually present during the discussions Lindsey/his crew had with the venue. That's just my two cents. No offense...please.

Quote:
Lindsey hopes his fans in Lincoln will understand and he looks forward to returning to Lincoln but under much better conditions.
It sucks, but there's hope.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've lost all respect for the man."
Really?... Doesn't take much.