User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Btw, ever walked into a room in your home after being away and see an avalanche of cd's upon the floor? My cats knocked my bootleg racks over spilling probably 2000-3000 cd's across the floor - not a good site for me, especially because the last time this happened it took me about 12 hours nonstop to reorganize the mess, LOL!
You're lucky you didn't walk in to find a dead cat. Those cd's could have hit them like a missle from Russia and then there really would have been a mess.

Brian, I can't even imagine what it must be like to live in a world of pain, though I hope you will eventually find a way to capture your demons and toss them in the freezer and live on happily in a warmer existence.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Btw, ever walked into a room in your home after being away and see an avalanche of cd's upon the floor? My cats knocked my bootleg racks over spilling probably 2000-3000 cd's across the floor - not a good site for me, especially because the last time this happened it took me about 12 hours nonstop to reorganize the mess, LOL!
That happened to me, but it wasn't a cat...it was an earthquake. On a day where we had 2 separate earthquakes from separate faults (as opposed to an earthquake and multiple aftershocks from the same fault) about 3 hours apart. I was awakened about 4am by an earthquake, started out the "rolling" type, like floating on water, then a little shake. I hear the clatter of plastic CD jewel cases from the living room, I leapt into a doorway (which is standard earthquake procedure, since doorways are reinforced). Quake stops, all CD racks are safe...WHEW! Settling back into bed after my own self being "rattled", and pretty much just starting to drift off, about 7am the world starts shaking...AGAIN! This one started as a "roller", but then there was a strong "jolt"...the sound of crashing jewel cases, falling racks, breaking glass echo down the hallway. When the shaking stopped, I peeked into the living room...about a 4 foot high "mound" of strewn jewel cases, liberated CD discs, fallen CD racks, broken coffee table glass, etc.

Between putting the racks back up (and this time anchoring them to the walls), replacing cracked & broken jewel cases (and discovering which CD discs were maimed with stratches to where they needed to be replaced with whole new copies), sorting them all & putting them back in order, getting the pieces of glass for the coffee table top special ordered & shipped, basically, getting the entire room back to its pre-earthquake shape took about 6 weeks.

That "crash" of falling & cracking jewel cases is a sound I just never want to hear again this lifetime.

Last edited by chiliD; 06-28-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Hey...

Quote:
the 4th time hopefully can be a charm, just was released from a facility for my severe depression, it started to affect my work (Mars Petcare US is my employer) as well as my life - but having such a great employer behind me I will overcome this issue that keeps hanging itself upon my head....

My name is Jim. I am not sure you are the Brian I am thinking about or not but, to me, it doesn't matter...
I wish I could make you a soul solid promise...or an iron clad guarantee that these events will never happen again. My friend and I laugh all the time when we can. Once we were at an event, people were taking pictures and I kind of ventriloquist whispered, "...sometimes I wonder if it was do this part by myself that forced me to leave it all...and enter that, CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED NUTHOUSE for 9999999999 times" I wasn't trying to be funny but, given where we were I mixed up words...and to this day we laugh.
Stevie said it best...loneliness is hard to take...I can feel lonely in a room full of loved ones and well wishers. Until, I created a rule. 33 hrs of misery, bed, tears etc....then I force myself to feel my blessings...call my funniest friend, talk to Mum...my shrink is a great rock. When I escaped LA the first time I met him. That was 17 years ago. So, he was given to me...and the whole science of pill buffets sucked. Clozoril broke the wild fast speedy sadness....the whole weight think sucked...but, here I am...back in good health, moody, working in entertainment with my best sober friend....I have this second writing this...who knows if I step off this high bed, where my legs are all twisted kind of sitting on them...one leg goes sound asleep, I put it to the floor and my head smashes into the big old house style steam radiators....and my time here is over...I will go on....but, that time is not on my terms...I pull the Catholic guilt on myself...hmmm....my Mums life will suck, Nana didn't raise me like this....my Tommy, finally my soulmate love would be alone....etc....I can't do that. So, even when I am sad...like they say in AA, NA, Nana's A....I forgot to mention I was also a total addict/alcoholic...and Nana said the same things differently, A-A...Fake it till you make it. Nana Mac, Jimmy, when you get sad in life and you can't stop it right away...rest for a few days...Then push yourself...even if you can't take the first try, wear Polaroids if you have to so no one sees and you don't have to look at them anyway...paint a smile and PUSH...finally you see that you're in the swing...making us all laugh...and you laugh too....and eventually you don't need to PUSH.
Still in therapy once a week...he's just a 900 dollar wailing wall but, I take Neurontin 2x a day Am …Pm, Methylphenidate (which I always forget however its weird...it keeps me calm) and if needed some blue pill for sleep...also, taken rarely.

So, Brian...Ledges...World....I keep no secrets. I Love, love and love.

I pray your sad turns to humor, sobs to laughs, tears to smiles....and that you find in yourself all of us.

You're loved and valued....we will keep you going when you just can't.

My heart,
Jim
Peace

Last edited by SaidSomething; 06-28-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up ^^^Thanks Jim...

I'm fine...

I have my first real date tomorrow...the first since...uh...um....eh....YEARS ago (Wooo, quick save!!)

To quote some old singer from some old band "I think I had met my match"...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default July 6, 2013

Today I am drug and alcohol free for 4.5 years!!!

Dude, I was sooo addicted to marijuana. I thought I was gonna be a pothead for life. Thank you God for rescuing me from that nightmare.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Dude, I was sooo addicted to marijuana. I thought I was gonna be a pothead for life. Thank you God for rescuing me from that nightmare.
Thats great news .I'm glad and proud of you.Its a hard thing to do.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all.Heres some photos from my stay at Atlantic City.No I did not gamble.I just enjoy walking my fat a$$ off on the boardwalk.

I end up walking the whole 8 miles thats including Ventnor section.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Woo hoo

Quote:
I'm fine...

I have my first real date tomorrow...the first since...uh...um....eh....YEARS ago (Wooo, quick save!!)

To quote some old singer from some old band "I think I had met my match"...
Hey, how was your date? Where did you guys go? Now, I am showing my soap opera panicking till Monday side. I am in recovery from Daytime Dramas too...especially Days Of Our Lives. I don't know if it was playing a short stint on one...or Marlena's Dragonlike Posessesion. C'mon, Exorcist meets Days...and Roman was John was a Priest was....stupid.

Here is an inside secret...few ever escape from that type of media...they are frowned upon by agents, casting directors...fellow SAG/AFTRA actors...and after dues, taxes, insurance etc...the pay still only affords you Ramen soup.

Try being a tall blond guy, naturally surfer looking...and still known as, "that cologne guy"

Sorry...off track...I am so excited.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Oh Mark...and cigarette free too!

Happy Birthday.

Jim
Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally!! The DVD of Paris is finally mine!!!
Supertramp released this DVD after lot of tensions and questions between the members, on September. I bought it but it never came home. Yesterday my sister returned from Buenos Aires and here we are!!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie fans please check out my latest contest ,as we narrow down Christine 's entire catalog to 18 definitive songs - only on the Christine forum!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At work, I share an office with two guys from Iraq. One is Christian, the other is Muslim.

Well, right now, it's Ramadan. If you don't know what Ramadan is, look it up.

This poor guy - he can't even have coffee while the sun is up. I know faith is a choice, but often one we are born into without choice. Despite any personal beliefs, it's ok to have (and show) respect for things you don't believe or agree with.

Anyway, I feel terribly guilty eating lunch at my desk; but there's nowehere else to eat and I'm certainly not sitting in my hot car.

I really don't think God would care much about when you eat and where the sun is in the sky.

But my food hasn't tasted very good. I can't wait for Ramadan to be over.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
At work, I share an office with two guys from Iraq. One is Christian, the other is Muslim.

Well, right now, it's Ramadan. If you don't know what Ramadan is, look it up.

This poor guy - he can't even have coffee while the sun is up. I know faith is a choice, but often one we are born into without choice. Despite any personal beliefs, it's ok to have (and show) respect for things you don't believe or agree with.

Anyway, I feel terribly guilty eating lunch at my desk; but there's nowehere else to eat and I'm certainly not sitting in my hot car.

I really don't think God would care much about when you eat and where the sun is in the sky.

But my food hasn't tasted very good. I can't wait for Ramadan to be over.
I'm experiencing a similar situation myself. My boss is Muslim, and the break room/kitchen for our agency is between our offices. Food & coffee smells waft into our doors all day every day. And this being the South, people are constantly bringing mountains of food to work to share for various celebrations, and if you don't take any, folks get mortally offended.

I can't say I feel bad for my boss, she seems so very at peace with her religion & with the fasting. She actually seems way more at peace with her religion & it's trappings than any other acquaintances I've had who have been Christian, Jewish, Hindu, etc. In the end, everyone has such different relationships with their beliefs, friends, families, & significant others. Just so long as they're happy & content with those relationships, that's all that really matters to me.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Junior Ledgie

I internet-met another asexual guy a few days ago and we skyped/Facebook-ed chatted for around 3 hours non-stop yesterday morning. Unless the guy is a fake profile, we have a lot of stuff in common other than being from different countries.

It felt nice to be asked about my boundaries in relationships for once instead of being told that someone's sex organ could cure my asexuality or that I was a mean person for not feeling sexual chemistry for another being.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/wentwor...y?ocid=answw11

I have died and gone to Heaven. Wentworth Miller is GAY. Be still my heart!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thyfio.jpg (4.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thyt.jpg (4.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg th657.jpg (5.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thewr.jpg (5.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg th.jpg (11.7 KB, 0 views)