Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think he's the one putting the Mac above his solo career. Although he can always quit the band if he really wants his solo tour and album to happen.

A new article is claiming new FM tour will happen at the end of the year. Article is old but that bit at the end I think is new.

http://societyofrock.com/the-real-re...this-lifetime/
We have a difference of opinion. If Lindsey shelved his solo record or tour this year I think there is no other reason than the Mac tour. He could be selfish and tell the band he will be back after his album comes out after promotion. But he would never do that. He turned his 1986 solo album into the Mac's Tango in the Night. Lindsey is very much a team player IMHO and is very devoted to the band (except for the time he left) HA HA HA
BTW. There are 3 weeks of spring in June. If June comes and goes without any sign of the Mac then we know something changed. Otherwise its impossible and silly to try to guess what is going on.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-19-2018 at 04:02 PM..
Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We have a difference of opinion. If Lindsey shelved his solo record or tour this year I think there is no other reason than the Mac tour. He could be selfish and tell the band he will be back after his album comes out after promotion. But he would never do that. He turned his 1986 solo album into the Mac's Tango in the Night. Lindsey is very much a team player IMHO and is very devoted to the band (except for the time he left) HA HA HA
BTW. There are 3 weeks of spring in June. If June comes and goes without any sign of the Mac then we know something changed. Otherwise its impossible and silly to try to guess what is going on.
Maybe. If Lindsey shelved his solo album there might be tons of different reasons. Rumors are that he shelved his upcoming album of new music and it was so usher to the next year but that he will still have a different solo album out this year and that he still intends to tour it. But who knows what’s pure hearsay or what actually has some truth in it.

Not sure why you keep bringing up spring? Even if one of the band members said spring at some point, we know Macsters have no clue when actual spring or summer starts or ends.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Maybe. If Lindsey shelved his solo album there might be tons of different reasons. Rumors are that he shelved his upcoming album of new music and it was so usher to the next year but that he will still have a different solo album out this year and that he still intends to tour it. But who knows what’s pure hearsay or what actually has some truth in it.

Not sure why you keep bringing up spring? Even if one of the band members said spring at some point, we know Macsters have no clue when actual spring or summer starts or ends.
LOL its not me that keeps bringing up spring. Have you not heard all the audio interviews with Christine during her and Lindsey's duet tour? I am quoting Christine. I am not making up anything but going by her word that rehearsals would begin in the spring for a tour after. The OP seemed to wonder what is going on. I was simply reminding everyone that "so far" nothing is delayed about the tour because its still winter and from what we know the Mac is not rehearsing. If spring comes and goes without any news then I will be in the OP's camp "what is going on?"
Does that make sense
Look out because tomorrow is the first day of spring!!!!!
BTW, the end of spring fits perfectly into Stevie's 3 month break after her intensely long solo tour. So IMHO, everything is still on track. Do you smell what I am cooking?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-19-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I just hope at this point everyone is healthy and ok. All of the alleged plans appeared to have done a 360 in very short order and then radio silence following.
That's my only worry. I dismiss the notion that "drama" has caused any delay. This is FM we're talking about. They don't blow off millions of dollars because of drama, which is old hat to them. Health problems on the other hand... let's just pray that's not what's going on, and that we're worried over nothing.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I try not to worry too much because this has happened before. I'm probably going to get the year(s) mixed up but Lindsay talked about one year originally planned to be a Fleetwood Mac year but that changed and he wound up doing the "one man show" tour instead.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:17 PM

You can't deny how strange it is that they are going to have a FM radio station.
Then crickets.

Could be they changed the timeline of the tour. Later than sooner.
Could be drama between the "so called lovers".
Could be the extreme high demand for another BuckVie album.

Who knows??
Old 03-21-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://wfpk.org/2018/lindsey-bucking...kyle-meredith/
This interview with Lindsey is from 1/25/2018. It's been posted before--he's talking mostly about BuckVie. Towards the end he says "we have a tour on the books, well it's not on the books yet but we're talking about it for the end of 2018". Christine sounded more definitive about the tour in past interviews but Lindsey gives the impression of more wiggle room in this one.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
http://wfpk.org/2018/lindsey-bucking...kyle-meredith/
This interview with Lindsey is from 1/25/2018. It's been posted before--he's talking mostly about BuckVie. Towards the end he says "we have a tour on the books, well it's not on the books yet but we're talking about it for the end of 2018". Christine sounded more definitive about the tour in past interviews but Lindsey gives the impression of more wiggle room in this one.
Christine wants the tour more than he. She's not burned out on all the hits. I wish she were. I want new music from her.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine... I want new music from her.
Well, I want Lindsey to tour with Jack White.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey said "the end of 2018" I doubt the interview was from January. Wouldn't he have said "the end of this year"?
Old 03-21-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Well, I want Lindsey to tour with Jack White.
Call Rusty and have him set it all up.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Call Rusty and have him set it all up.
I'll see what I can do.

Wonder if Jack's audience would appreciate Lindsey's
music?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default 2018 Tour

Has anyone thought that maybe one or two members are having health issues that need to be taken care of soon
Also,they keep going ,recording,touring
Its difficult to realise and admit you are no longer the person you were decades ago.
Denial of age and health issues can be dangerous.
Also, If you do a last tour/Swan song with the five of them They may never return to the stage again as Fleetwood Mac.It is like saying Goodbye.Its hard, they are a musical family.Many have trouble realising this is it as far as touring , they had a wild ride and they will all live forever through their music .

They are all creative and have given us so much.
We shouldn't be upset...the gifts they gave us and still more to come but 2018 tour.... Many factors above and below the surface and above.We only know what they want us to know.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Has anyone thought that maybe one or two members are having health issues that need to be taken care of soon
Also,they keep going ,recording,touring
Its difficult to realise and admit you are no longer the person you were decades ago.
Denial of age and health issues can be dangerous.
Also, If you do a last tour/Swan song with the five of them They may never return to the stage again as Fleetwood Mac.It is like saying Goodbye.Its hard, they are a musical family.Many have trouble realising this is it as far as touring , they had a wild ride and they will all live forever through their music .

They are all creative and have given us so much.
We shouldn't be upset...the gifts they gave us and still more to come but 2018 tour.... Many factors above and below the surface and above.We only know what they want us to know.
I tend to agree that the 2018 tour will not happen. I also highly doubt that there will ever be a new studio album by Fleetwood Mac. And that's hard for me to accept. The Buckingham McVie album (in my opinion) was brilliant and showed that at least Lindsey, Chris, Mick and John still have it in them to make great music.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We are only into the 3rd month of 2018 and so many of you guys are writing off the tour that it will never happen. WTF? Its a long year to happen yet. This tour was created a long time ago and Christine, Mick, and Lindsey have all commented on it last year. Lindsey said this tour will not be the last. Christine said it was signed on the dotted line (all 5 members) and is beginning in 2018.
I don't think anyone can point to any changes reported by anyone. I don't understand all this negative speculation that somehow they have ripped up their contracts and wont go out on the tour. Stevie just went on her longest solo tour ever. 3 months vacation is well deserved and needed. Let them all relax before such a long tour again. I am expecting rehearsals in June (spring) and tour dates to be announced this summer for tour dates in the late summer/fall.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-24-2018 at 05:42 AM..