User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Chris won't come back....

....//
Added drummer Mick Fleetwood, who held Nicks' hand tightly while answering questions, "I think there's always a Fleetwood Mac story somewhere." Asked if longtime member Christine McVie would ever return to the fold, he replied, "I think [the chances are] very, very slim [or] next to nothing, so I will say no. But we miss her."
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

BUUUAAAAAHH!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
....//
Added drummer Mick Fleetwood, who held Nicks' hand tightly while answering questions, "I think there's always a Fleetwood Mac story somewhere." Asked if longtime member Christine McVie would ever return to the fold, he replied, "I think [the chances are] very, very slim [or] next to nothing, so I will say no. But we miss her."
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

BUUUAAAAAHH!!!!!!
I think this was from that Billboard press release from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm certainly not surprised. That's what she was saying in many of those interviews last year. John McVie in his Q & A said the same thing. However, it's been over 7 years since she left Fleetwood Mac & people are still asking Mick if she's coming back. I LOVE that.

This also assumes that Fleetwood Mac will record again. There's no guarantee of that at all, in my opinion.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-16-2005 at 07:14 PM..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I think this was from that Billboard press release from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm certainly not surprised. That's what she was saying in many of those interviews last year. John McVie in his Q & A said the same thing. However, it's been over 7 years since she left Fleetwood Mac & people are still asking Mick if she's coming back. I LOVE that.

This also assumes that Fleetwood Mac will record again. There's no guarantee of that at all, in my opinion.
I wasn't surprised by what Mick said either....but part of me wishes they'd just make some new music as the five of them. Screw touring if Chris is so turned off to it....just concentrate on the music, have fun w/ each other.

In all the audio comments Chris makes on her site, she often speaks of herself as still being part of FM and has to keep correcting herself.... like in a way she hasn't 'disassociated' from them, and she probably never will...so if the pull of chemistry is so strong, why not just give in to it, and do a few songs together....sigh.

Although I suppose the financial ramifications of not touring, and how that affects Mick and John (as non-writers) etc is a whole other issue, I realize that...but on the other hand, they're all so freakin rich already LOL....can't $ be a non issue at this point?!

-Lis
Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I wasn't surprised by what Mick said either....but part of me wishes they'd just make some new music as the five of them. Screw touring if Chris is so turned off to it....just concentrate on the music, have fun w/ each other.

In all the audio comments Chris makes on her site, she often speaks of herself as still being part of FM and has to keep correcting herself.... like in a way she hasn't 'disassociated' from them, and she probably never will...so if the pull of chemistry is so strong, why not just give in to it, and do a few songs together....sigh.

Although I suppose the financial ramifications of not touring, and how that affects Mick and John (as non-writers) etc is a whole other issue, I realize that...but on the other hand, they're all so freakin rich already LOL....can't $ be a non issue at this point?!

-Lis
I agree. I'm willing to say screw touring if that would mean Christine would come back. I'd be okay with just the music and not live shows.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I agree. I'm willing to say screw touring if that would mean Christine would come back. I'd be okay with just the music and not live shows.
Ditto!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ditto!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
double ditto.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
double ditto.
I don't know HOW I double dittoed? I only typed it once, but it posted twice.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

-Lis
That's the whole crux of the matter, in my opinion. There's no money to be made just from recording an album. They have to do these oldies tours in order to make money. Fleetwood Mac is a corporate entity. They'd never do something like what Chris did with In The Meantime. She made that album purely for her own enjoyment.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's the whole crux of the matter, in my opinion. There's no money to be made just from recording an album. They have to do these oldies tours in order to make money. Fleetwood Mac is a corporate entity. They'd never do something like what Chris did with In The Meantime. She made that album purely for her own enjoyment.
Is FM a corporate entity, or is it just Mick and John? Do you think Stevie or Lindsey would do something like In the Meantime?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is FM a corporate entity, or is it just Mick and John? Do you think Stevie or Lindsey would do something like In the Meantime?
That's a good question. I'm not sure. When I said that FM is a corporate entity, I meant the entire band, not just Mick & John. Lindsey could have released his Gift Of Screws solo album years ago on an indie label. But, he didn't; he turned it into a "Fleetwood Mac" album, largely because of money, in my opinion. I think making money is a high priority for all of them(although maybe more so for Mick & John since they have no other means to make money). Maybe that will change 5 years or so down the line when they'll be too old to tour.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would be the most feasible senario for Chris -- with regard to any future activity with Fleetwood Mac. At the very least she would "guest" on an album. At the most, she would contribute several songs and leave it at that (aka the "Time" album).

I find all the whining and wishing for her to get back with the band rather curious and annoying. The lady is 60-something years old...she's been there and done that. She has nothing to prove. I give her credit for honoring her evolution; think about it...do you expect to be doing the same thing for 40 years? Don't you think your focus and priorities might change over time? She has moved on folks!!

To me, it seems disrespectful (of her) and self-serving (not to mention a complete waste of time) to pine on and on over thoughts such as "will she come back?," "I wish she'll come back," "she might come back."

Get over it!! Or join the long-toothed fans who are still lamenting over the departure of Peter Green. "It's not the same...waah, waah, waah." If there is one constant factor...it is CHANGE. That is a key aspect of this band that makes them so intriguing!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead
To me, it seems disrespectful (of her) and self-serving (not to mention a complete waste of time) to pine on and on over thoughts such as "will she come back?," "I wish she'll come back," "she might come back."
Too bad humans are self-serving by nature. The sooner one accepts that, the better.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead
I don't think it's desrespectful or self-serving to be pining away for Chris to return to the band(especially in the Christine forum). I love it. It shows how hugely important she was to Fleetwood Mac over the years. When 1/3 of the rhythm section and 1/3 of the frontline of the band is gone, there's going to be a big, gaping hole. Obviously alot of other people have noticed this too. I also respect those Peter Green fans who pine away for that era too. Something tells me you wouldn't feel the same way if it had been Stevie Nicks who left Fleetwood Mac instead of Christine.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it's desrespectful or self-serving to be pining away for Chris to return to the band(especially in the Christine forum). I love it. It shows how hugely important she was to Fleetwood Mac over the years. When 1/3 of the rhythm section and 1/3 of the frontline of the band is gone, there's going to be a big, gaping hole. Obviously alot of other people have noticed this too. I also respect those Peter Green fans who pine away for that era too. Something tells me you wouldn't feel the same way if it had been Stevie Nicks who left Fleetwood Mac instead of Christine.
I think it is self-serving to some degree, considering that Christine has said she doesn't want to come back. But I think we're entitled to bemoan that all we want on this message board. Maybe she appreciates it in a sense and considers it devotion and admiration rather than nagging. One can hope.

Well, that's assuming she even knows about it and how we all feel.