Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably the same, especially since they've had to go there with Lindsey before. Lindsey has been told he's either in the band or he's not before, and the band threatened to use another producer in 1986 when he was stonewalling on doing TITN.
This situation is different, though, hence people's frustrations. They could've given Stevie a similar ultimatum long ago, but they're not playing it that way and they simply won't. So we get stuck with a lot of "Oh hmm well we'll see I guess" from everyone. I'd really just like an actual answer so I can be excited about something.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
gypsy333
This message has been deleted by gypsy333.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think Lindsey really wants to do a FM album without Stevie?

Of course not, she has them by the balls. If Stevie isn't part of it, LB will just release more solo stuff. I'm guessing being a guest on LB's solo album would be enough to satisfy Chris.

If Stevie wants a new album, it'll happen, but until then it's still born.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
This situation is different, though, hence people's frustrations. They could've given Stevie a similar ultimatum long ago
Could they have? This tour is establishing that Christine is back in the band for good. Without THAT being established first, the band really had no leverage with Stevie. Now that the public knows Christine is back, and has responded overwhelmingly to her return, Stevie leaving wouldn't be a fatal blow to the band's viability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Do you think Lindsey really wants to do a FM album without Stevie?
There's a difference between wanting to do something and being willing to do something. I think Lindsey would prefer to do a FM with Stevie, but would still do one without her.

Quote:
Of course not, she has them by the balls.
Not really. The band could easily go on as a quartet with only two of the three writers from the classic band, like they did when Christine was out of the band. Between Christine and Lindsey, it would be easy to replace Stevie's songs in the set (probably with new material). Lindsey's preference has always been for Fleetwood Mac to release new music, and now he has a partner in that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

There's a difference between wanting to do something and being willing to do something. I think Lindsey would prefer to do a FM with Stevie, but would still do one without her.
Right, everyone wants to do an FM album with her. That's been established already and Lindsey has said he's wanted to do that since he got off of the SYW tour. Desire hasn't gotten him very far. Christine's return gives him a new opportunity to do an album, as part of a new quartet. Hey, he'd have more songs on it. That certainly shouldn't be a turn off to him.

Stevie will be mad for a year or two, but I'm sure she'd get over it and then they could all do a whole batch of interviews about their reconciliation and put a new spin on this prolific, profound and tired story.

Michele
Old 11-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyrock View Post
Totally agree with everything you said. Besides she hasn't exactly said no to it.
Her 'not exactly saying no to it', is part of the problem. When four people are trying to plan their lives and careers around your participation, you don't keep them dangling on a string. The others have been waiting and seeing what she's going to do since early this year.

You don't really want me, you just keep me hanging on ....

Stevie sounded ok when she sang that song, but you really shouldn't make it your personal motto.

But it comes down to their not letting her do this to them. I don't know how much money they're making this tour. I have to believe it's $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 each. They've profitted hugely already and don't need to fear alienating her. If that's not enough to get them to take a stand against this stonewalling, then they're getting just what they deserve.

They need to proceed without her and then look her up in 2017 and see if she wants to go on tour.

Michele
Old 11-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes She and every one else in the the band has bill to pay.Stuff and cost of living is not cheap like it used too be.

Stevie and the band got pay their help.They dont work for free.

Please no more Rod tours.Towards the end of the tour it seem they were not getting along with each other and that outing blew her IYD release.

Sorry to say this.I dont know why we are getting hot and upset over this.

Meantime whos the boss of FM.Mick and John came to mind.Stevie helps too.They will decide what will happen.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 11-14-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
^^^^
Plus she can drag her photo exhibition along with her
THAT'S when we can have our Q&A
Old 11-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
LOL.. that cracked me up...
Old 11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
Yeah Stevie definitely must do her 24 Kt photo exhibition and Q&A then take us both out for dinner after that session is over Stevie has a lot of making up to do after breaking our hearts.. she may as well throw in a large printed photo framed whist she is at it....
Old 11-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute. I vote 2 dingbat songs.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute. I vote 2 dingbat songs.
Ooooooo...you are totally on my sh*t list now!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey and Christine should make the best quartet album they can come up with, then let the old dingbat bring in 2-3 of her songs at the last minute.
This really seems like the most likely scenario we'll end up with, for all everyone's waffling and speculation. The album will fit nicely along side Tango and the EP as a bit of a headscratcher for Stevie fans, but still be called "Fleetwood Mac" with no footnote about lineup changes, and everyone will be (sort of) happy.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...but the problem is I think they are already at the last minute. Sounds like they got a lot done on Lindsey's/Christine's material. I'm sure they've still got some mixing to do but I reckon they could have probably put out an album this side of Christmas if they really wanted to (probably wanted it out even before now)...but they are holding out in hope.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
This. It's completely absurd to tour with the band under the moniker of 'On With The Show' if you secretly just want to tour the hits and fizzle out. Her wish came true, Christine came back, it's time to put up or shut up. I didn't buy 24Karat because I'm sorry, as much as a fan I am, stood in line Day 1 at record stores to buy TISL and IYD and bought all 5 albums at once after becoming a fan of the Mac, I'm not buying into the selfish crap. And there's no bias here, if I'd been a Mac fan in 87 (wasn't born yet) I would've crucified Lindsey for leaving too.

Sure, my anger will subside eventually but it just pisses me off to no end. She released an album of basically subpar material, crap that wasn't even good enough to make her other albums in the first place and stuff she forgot about long ago. Yes, some of it turned out great. That's awesome. But Christine rejoined the band. The miracle of all miracles happened. The one thing we fans never truly thought would ever happen unless Hell froze over happened. If the band has already recorded material, we know damn well there's a 90% chance they mean to finish that material and make a record so the "no clue where our mindframes will be" is bull crap. As long as the money is there, I'm sure she'd put up with the rest of the band pushing her down a flight of freakin' stairs.

She either needs to commit 100% or get out. Like the Lindsey quotes that circulated about Christine, she needed to either be in 100% or not come back, she can't just come and go as she pleases. Same can be said to Stevie. She's by far the most accomplished member outside of this band. She has one of the most legendary solo female rock albums of all time (imo) and so many Billboard hits and critically acclaimed albums. 24 Karat, in a sense, acts as a great way to put a stamp on that career so why the hell not give the Mac the same courtesy? What more as a solo act does she possibly think she can achieve? If she wants a major hit record, her best chance is with the Mac. If she's still determined on digging around for scraps because she just can't write a hit song anymore, she has plenty to give the Mac. No need to be greedy because I sure as hell ain't buying 5 volumes of Songs from the Vault.
Subpar material? Crap? That may be your opinion, which you're entitled to of course, but....

Slant Magazine, 3 out of 5 stars
Amazon, 4.5 out of 5 stars
NY Daily News, 3 out of 5 stars
Rolling Stone, 3.5 out of 5 stars
Uncut UK, 7 out of 10 stars
London24.com, 4 out of 5 stars

These are hardly subpar reviews. (They're first ones I found in the first 4 minutes or so of searching)

Fan reviews have also been overwhelmingly positive.

As far as Stevie putting out, "crap that wasn't good enough to make her other albums in the first place" - no. If you know anything about her, she CONTANTLY writes, so just because certain songs weren't released before does not mean they were crap. At least not in her case. Was "Silver Springs" crap? It didn't make it on to Rumours.

Jamie

Last edited by jkmaletic; 11-14-2014 at 08:18 PM..