The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Doodyhead - you are right: The tone is the thing!

And to Wetcamelfood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Both are from a 1988 British TV doc called "Fleetwood Mac At 21".

I've been looking for an upgrade of this so let me know if you come across the whole 60 minutes of it posted somewhere so I can D/L.

John
I will certainly look for it.
But does anyone else here - some of the expert collectors like Mario for instance - know what has happened to this programme and were to look for it?

Ms Moose
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, Doodyhead - you are right: The tone is the thing!

And to Wetcamelfood:

I will certainly look for it.
But does anyone else here - some of the expert collectors like Mario for instance - know what has happened to this programme and were to look for it?

Ms Moose
Well, I can confirm the program "Fleetwood Mac at 21" was screened by BBC back in 1988 and that - thanks to R.Jim Greaves - I saved it to posterity on an old VHS tape.

Peter features on the first part of the story 1967/1970 and in his darkest/long fingernails days in Richmond.I'm also pretty sure that part of that interview is/was available on the Bob Brunning's book "Behind The Mask".

There is also a very short interview, probably from 1980/1981, where a much confused Peter,wearing sort of african clothes, talks about the "different kind of music" he had in mind......

I think that one of the shots taken during that interview ended up to be the picture sleeve of one of the many "Katmandu" LPs/CDs, titled "Guitar Hero"

Stay Green,

Mario
Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac at 21 discovered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Well, I can confirm the program "Fleetwood Mac at 21" was screened by BBC back in 1988 and that - thanks to R.Jim Greaves - I saved it to posterity on an old VHS tape.

Peter features on the first part of the story 1967/1970 and in his darkest/long fingernails days in Richmond.I'm also pretty sure that part of that interview is/was available on the Bob Brunning's book "Behind The Mask".

There is also a very short interview, probably from 1980/1981, where a much confused Peter,wearing sort of african clothes, talks about the "different kind of music" he had in mind......

I think that one of the shots taken during that interview ended up to be the picture sleeve of one of the many "Katmandu" LPs/CDs, titled "Guitar Hero"

Stay Green,

Mario
Yes, Mario - and thank you very much for saving it for posterity! -that sounds exactly like the bits of film I saw on Youtube. And yes, PG was wearing some kaftan-like blouse with a square neck and short sleeves, that is also on the cover of the Guitar Hero CD.

The film bit from in front of the house in Richmond seemed to me to be from around 1988, but I am not expert enough to be really sure. I must admit that watching it, I found it very wrong to film somebody/anybody (in this case PG) without their knowledge or consent, which was obviously the case here.

I wonder why some clips disappear from Youtube? A while back a clip of PG and Splintergroup from the ninetees - playing a version of Green Manalishi was taken of. It was not the version from the DVD "An Evening with...", and it was very good!
I don't quite understand which clips violate copyrights or whatever it is called in the music business, and which one that don't.

Who is this R. Jim Greaves?

Ms Moose
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Yes, Mario - and thank you very much for saving it for posterity! -that sounds exactly like the bits of film I saw on Youtube. And yes, PG was wearing some kaftan-like blouse with a square neck and short sleeves, that is also on the cover of the Guitar Hero CD.

The film bit from in front of the house in Richmond seemed to me to be from around 1988, but I am not expert enough to be really sure. I must admit that watching it, I found it very wrong to film somebody/anybody (in this case PG) without their knowledge or consent, which was obviously the case here.

I wonder why some clips disappear from Youtube? A while back a clip of PG and Splintergroup from the ninetees - playing a version of Green Manalishi was taken of. It was not the version from the DVD "An Evening with...", and it was very good!
I don't quite understand which clips violate copyrights or whatever it is called in the music business, and which one that don't.

Who is this R. Jim Greaves?

Ms Moose
Ok,
question n.one: I'm pretty sure clips disappear from Youtube for legal reasons;
I don't want to be involved in these delicate stuff, but PGO really rules Greeny's life.

question n.two: R.Jim Greaves is a blues expert and PG fan, who wrote the Greeny Sessionography for the first edition of the Martin Celmins book.

He currently writes for the montly magazine "Blues In Britain" and he is one who would be great to have at the Ledge Board!

Cheers,

Mario.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Ok,
question n.one: I'm pretty sure clips disappear from Youtube for legal reasons;
I don't want to be involved in these delicate stuff, but PGO really rules Greeny's life.

question n.two: R.Jim Greaves is a blues expert and PG fan, who wrote the Greeny Sessionography for the first edition of the Martin Celmins book.

He currently writes for the montly magazine "Blues In Britain" and he is one who would be great to have at the Ledge Board!

Cheers,

Mario.
Off course it might be because of the PGO "thing" in his case. I hadn't thought about that (say no more....)

A lot of effort and knowledge seems to go into those sessionographies, very admirable.

Thanks for the information about R. Jim Greaves.
I wonder if he knows about The Ledge at all?

Ms Moose
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac at 21 - again...

Here is about 9 minutes from Fleetwood Mac at 21 - the Peter Green era - that has just come up on Youtube. There is a very short piece of the aforementioned interview with Peter Green right at the end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxqTdeofO0

Unfortunately there are no new music footage, but a very talkative John McVie. Still great that people post these things. Maybe someday something new will turn up - hopefully!

Ms Moose
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here is about 9 minutes from Fleetwood Mac at 21 - the Peter Green era - that has just come up on Youtube. There is a very short piece of the aforementioned interview with Peter Green right at the end.

Unfortunately there are no new music footage, but a very talkative John McVie. Still great that people post these things. Maybe someday something new will turn up - hopefully!

Ms Moose
Thanks for the heads-up!
Peter looks quite together and healthy in that interview from '81,
not like a few years later. He played well in that period too - witness
the "White sky" album and his guest spot on Brian McKnight's album.

Is there an Green interview from '88 in the doc also,
or just footage of him outside the house in Richmond?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ms Moose
Thanks, it made me look around a little more and then I discovered....:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpjP...eature=related
Fleetwoood Mac with Paul Butterfield at the Caroussel Ballroom. A complete different version from what I have. Did Paul fit in more than once?
Anyway, this version is longer than mine, and has a MUCH better sound quality.
Anymore of this quality from the Ballroom venues???

Wouter