User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
PLEASE, excuse me for going into the off topic stuff here for a second, folks!

but, becca, if you follow the "beat-club" series chronologically, you'll discover that from august '69 on the programme started returning increasingly to the live formula until in january 1970 (the official start of the colour broadcasts) the performances were COMPLETELY live again. and the dvd box-sets indeed DO feature a small live portion of the mac - bc no. 68 from 25-6-71 shows them playing "dragonfly" (although all the optical gimmicks displayed don't make it very easy to really watch the band). and there's outtakes of their performance in existence featuring 2 more songs, "danny in e minor" (?) and "lay it all down" - at least the latter and "dragonfly" can be seen on youtube.

a heartily thanks to all and everyone for bearing with me going astray from the straight line on this occasion (a new thread on this would've been superfluous, as there's nothing more to it, really.)!
martin
Hmm....Danny in E Minor is intriguing!
Old 04-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul7 View Post
Hmm....Danny in E Minor is intriguing!
. . . well, i'm not sure at all if this is really the title of the song in question.

the source of information on this is a book that mentions not only every artist and every song that appeared on "beat-club", but also artists and songs that have been recorded but NOT broadcast. sadly it offers a bunch of incorrect names and titles all over the place. for example: "lay it all down" is listed as "moses", the james taylor song "lo and behold" is called "i don't know there's a wheel on the hill", the band warhorse metamorphoses into warhouse . . . it goes on and on.

as i haven't seen or heard this outtake from the mac's performance yet, i have no idea what it's really about. but maybe there's someone in the know out there . . . ?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

South China Morning Post
Guitarist Peter Green's legacy there for all to hear at last.
Live recordings of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, featuring guitarist who replaced Eric Clapton in the band, have been released in album form.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-e...-all-hear-last
Old 05-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
By Jeremy Gaunt, Daily Mail, April 1, 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reu...ish-Blues.html

LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - A blues fan's 1967 reel-to-reel tape recording of four then-relatively unknown British musicians is to be released on CD in April, capturing live what today would be dubbed a supergroup.

John Mayall, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie were together for just three months that year as part of Mayall's Bluesbreakers band.

Bassist McVie and drummer Fleetwood formed Fleetwood Mac, at first a blues band with Green, then later with a new line-up one of the most successful pop-rock groups of all time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reu...#ixzz3W5R53idk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Tss... How can people be so wrong. Bassist McVie did NOT form Fleetwood Mac with drummer Fleetwood. Peter Green formed Fleetwood Mac. He wanted Fleetwood and McVie, but Mc Vie was hesitant to join. So Bob Brunning (RIP) was th original bassist.
And then the article has the nerve to state: Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.

Last edited by Wouter Vuijk; 05-24-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Old 05-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In spite of all the comments above, I am very pleased with all 5 concert recordings. John the Revelator is a very good bluesband and I sure didn't mind buying their CD's alongside the John Mayall recordings. Nothing wrong with someone trying to promote his own band. As for the commercial Amazon release, I couldn't care less. It's just the pureness of the original audience recordings that really touch me as if I were there myself.
As far as I know, Mayall never did disapprove as to spreading the tapes. So why should a company like Amazon profit on something that's not theirs????