User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I'm pretty sure he started working with Eric Clapton around 1983.
Nope, it was 1985 (smack dab in the middle of the 80's)...for Eric's Behind The Sun album. The album that got Eric & Nathan East together (only for a couple of songs, though)...even though Nathan wouldn't tour with Eric until 1987. Actually, Phil & Eric got together at Live Aid. Phil seemed to have played with EVERYBODY that day...the Bee Gees & his own set in London, then a Concorde trip to Philly to play with Eric & the reunited Led Zeppelin.

In 1983, Eric had Roger Hawkins (from the Muscle Shoals Swampers) on drums for his Money & Cigarettes album & tour...well, 1/2 the tour, then Roger quit and Eric got his previous drummer Jamie Oldaker back to finish the tour.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Nope, it was 1985 (smack dab in the middle of the 80's)...for Eric's Behind The Sun album. The album that got Eric & Nathan East together (only for a couple of songs, though)...even though Nathan wouldn't tour with Eric until 1987. Actually, Phil & Eric got together at Live Aid. Phil seemed to have played with EVERYBODY that day...the Bee Gees & his own set in London, then a Concorde trip to Philly to play with Eric & the reunited Led Zeppelin.

In 1983, Eric had Roger Hawkins (from the Muscle Shoals Swampers) on drums for his Money & Cigarettes album & tour...well, 1/2 the tour, then Roger quit and Eric got his previous drummer Jamie Oldaker back to finish the tour.

Yeah but I thought he worked on Behind the Sun which Phil produced in late 1983 and it was released in late 1984.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Nope, it was 1985 (smack dab in the middle of the 80's)...for Eric's Behind The Sun album.
Ironically, in the context of this discussion, an album that featured a cameo by none other than Lindsey Buckingham...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2005, 07:33 PM

Something's Happening he plays acoustic guitar i believe
Old 06-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
She's, uhhh, okay, I guess. I think she always should have tried to do more twirling, etc. I think FM would've been much more popular had she done that. STEREO twirling would've been HUGE! And, she could've mimicked (sp) some other kind of farm animal, thus creating more of a barnyard effect. That could've replaced the opening tribe music of Tusk. Bah, moo, bah, moo..... see what I'm saying?
Yep, I see what you're saying!
That even when the subject is Christine, on Christine's own forum, you just can't stop talking about Stevie Nicks!

Homie... the biggest Chiffonhead of us all.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

And, yes, I agree... there is something exceedingly cool about Christine.
She has the air of your favorite high school English teacher. The one who's very prim and proper, but has a wicked sense of humour that the whole class (well, at least the bookworms) can't help but find engaging.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Yep, I see what you're saying!
That even when the subject is Christine, on Christine's own forum, you just can't stop talking about Stevie Nicks!

Homie... the biggest Chiffonhead of us all.
I'm twirling right now, dressed in chiffon!!!!(this would NEVER happen in a thousand years, for anyone possibly wondering....). Bri Bri, NO ONE beats a dead horse better than you! Just keep regurgitating that same old rhetoric, over and over. "Homie loves old twat's her name."

That bird ain't gonna fly.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Christine-Fans,
Please come to the Greatest Hits Survivor game on the rumoursledge to Save As Long As You Follow

Vote off Seven Wonders! :evil grin smiley:
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Yeah but I thought he worked on Behind the Sun which Phil produced in late 1983 and it was released in late 1984.

Yeah, you're partially right...I double-checked my info last night. Behind The Sun was released in '85. WB rejected the first "all-Phil" produced submission. They had Eric go into the studio to record a few "more commercial" tunes with LA session guys (and Ted Templeman producing)...Nathan East & Steve Lukather being among them. Those were also the sessions that found Lindsey playing on "Something's Happening". His "hit single" (chalk one up for the record company) "Forever Man" also came from those LA sessions. A couple of really good tunes got sh*t-canned, though. ("Too Bad" & "Heaven Is One Step Away")

Phil co-produced (with Eric & Tom Dowd) ALL of Eric's next album, August, as well as played drums throughout.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 AM

Close enough Chili!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the whole "Throwing the drink at & slapping Lindsey" story. That's so effing rock & roll. In fact, it's probably the most rock & roll story in FM history.

I love Christine. She's just so laid back and easygoing, it seems. And her sense of humor is so dry and witty. Loves. <3
Old 06-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
I love the whole "Throwing the drink at & slapping Lindsey" story. That's so effing rock & roll. In fact, it's probably the most rock & roll story in FM history.
It was great, but really, for my money, the stories about Harold are probably THE most effing rock & roll. Hey, they got Janis Joplin to laugh

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
It was great, but really, for my money, the stories about Harold are probably THE most effing rock & roll. Hey, they got Janis Joplin to laugh
Oo. As in Harold the dildo? lmao. Details.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Bri Bri, NO ONE beats a dead horse better than you! Just keep regurgitating that same old rhetoric, over and over.
Homie, the only dead horse being beaten around here, is yours. I'm just having fun pointing out that you can never resist talking about Stevie... even when no one else has mentioned her.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 06-08-2005 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Embarrassing typo! Egads
Old 06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
...even when no one else has mentioned her.
Mentioned who?