User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mirage Tour Rehearsal

Hold Me
"The vocals sound so, you know...wonky. Let's just go from the top of it. We have to now."

Then you hear Mick yell, "OH YEAH!"

She has a moment while singing with Lindsey. He sings, "I'll be waiting for you if you ever wanna be there..." Christine sings, "I'll be waiting for you if you gotta minute..."
Old 12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
Question (1973): What is the hardest thing about touring?
Christine: "Waking up to a hang-over and having the worst case of PMS in the recorded history of women's health. Or trying to make it to the bathroom to throw up after getting too drunk and tripping over your husband because he passed out on the floor and couldn't make it to the bed. Wait, I have a better one. Trying to make love to your husband in a bus that is going 95 miles an hour while your bandmates listen with their ears against the door. It is difficult being the only female in a band."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lis
About a year ago someone confessed on the Ledge to having made that quote up, along with another one, I believe.
Yep, that was disappointing, wasn't it? Someone wrote in to the Blue Letter Archives at the Penguin some months back and said that she used to visit the message boards several years ago and she simply made up that quote from Christine. Now she felt bad that the quote has been so thoroughly circulated through fan circles and accepted as fact, so she wanted to come clean. And as much as I'd like to believe Christine said it, we haven't been able to trace this quote to any actual article, so I'm inclined to believe the person who said she made it up.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Yep, that was disappointing, wasn't it? Someone wrote in to the Blue Letter Archives at the Penguin some months back and said that she used to visit the message boards several years ago and she simply made up that quote from Christine. Now she felt bad that the quote has been so thoroughly circulated through fan circles and accepted as fact, so she wanted to come clean. And as much as I'd like to believe Christine said it, we haven't been able to trace this quote to any actual article, so I'm inclined to believe the person who said she made it up.
Wow, I didn't know that. Why would somebody just make up something like that? Now that I think about it, PMS wasn't talked about back in those days. I don't understand why somebody would do that.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Wow, I didn't know that. Why would somebody just make up something like that? Now that I think about it, PMS wasn't talked about back in those days. I don't understand why somebody would do that.
They were probably young and over enthusiastic. I could see myself doing something along those lines back in my teens.....

-Lis
Old 12-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Wow, I didn't know that. Why would somebody just make up something like that?
The other item she confessed to making up was a short article that we used to have listed in the BLA. We've removed it for now, unless and until we can really verify it existed. It was an article that I always thought was a little short on identifying information, like dates, authors, etc., so I wouldn't be shocked if it is also a fake. It was this "Daily News" (nice generic name ) article:

Daily News, 1978

Interviewer: Christine, in your own words, pleases describe each member of Fleetwood Mac.

Chris: This is going to be tough. You do realize that I am going through a divorce, so, does that mean I have to be nice?

Interviewer: It would be greatly appreciated. Why don't you start with Stevie?

Chris: Stevie and I are two very different women, but somehow we jell. She is kinda like the sister that I never had. I guess you could say we have grown to love each other. Lindsey is a very demanding person, but at the same time he would do anything for me if I asked him to. I have a lot of respect for him and I guess I could say that I love him too. Don't look into that statement...we are just friends.

Interviewer: What about John and Mick? Are you still having troubles with John?

Chris: Mick is a very funny person and I love him dearly. He has been a sort of big brother to me since I started out in Fleetwood Mac. He is very cheeky and sometimes arrogant, but you can't help but love the chap! John is a completely different story. I love John more than anyone knows...I hope he doesn't read this......anyway as I was saying, I still love him.

Interviewer: Then why the divorce?

Chris: Too many fights, too much alcohol, too much loving, who knows? We just fell apart. We haven't been getting along too well these past couple of weeks, but we will survive. We always do.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
That 'whassa matta baby' line can truly send me over the edge. I can't stand it.

-Lis
But I love the part where Lindsey comes in with, "when I see you again".
It ALMOST makes up for all the wassamattas.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
agreed!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Almost...but not quite.

I'm making a tape of the Tusk photoshoots and I just heard a fewfunny lines from Chris-- when they're all outside and the photographer keeps telling them to do this and that, and she first says, "We're not drunk enough." and later asks him, "Are we terribly difficult to work with?"

In another section when John purposely stands right in front of LB, Lindsey says in the italian accent "Meester, don't estep on the foota."

--Lis
Old 12-09-2004, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Almost...but not quite.

I'm making a tape of the Tusk photoshoots and I just heard a fewfunny lines from Chris-- when they're all outside and the photographer keeps telling them to do this and that, and she first says, "We're not drunk enough." and later asks him, "Are we terribly difficult to work with?"

In another section when John purposely stands right in front of LB, Lindsey says in the italian accent "Meester, don't estep on the foota."

--Lis
Isn't that weird!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:17 PM

I think someone asks her what Songbird is about once too many times.

And she says, "It's about my dog ok"
Old 12-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I think someone asks her what Songbird is about once too many times.

And she says, "It's about my dog ok"
That guy was trying so hard to get her to say who it was about and she just would not say. She finally said the "It's me and my dog" line. Curry mutters "Thanks" in the background and Chris adds, "Here, Rover!"

-Lis
Old 12-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I adore her so much. I might watch Japan Rumours now since I've lost the impulse to clean my closet. Unfortunately, all the contents of my closet is everywhere.

"Remember that cream pie, Mick?"

"I'm gonna beat the **** outta you yet."

The attempted band-aid eating and self interviewing...here I come!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
The other item she confessed to making up was a short article that we used to have listed in the BLA. We've removed it for now, unless and until we can really verify it existed. It was an article that I always thought was a little short on identifying information, like dates, authors, etc., so I wouldn't be shocked if it is also a fake. It was this "Daily News" (nice generic name ) article:

Daily News, 1978

Interviewer: Christine, in your own words, pleases describe each member of Fleetwood Mac.

Chris: This is going to be tough. You do realize that I am going through a divorce, so, does that mean I have to be nice?

Interviewer: It would be greatly appreciated. Why don't you start with Stevie?

Chris: Stevie and I are two very different women, but somehow we jell. She is kinda like the sister that I never had. I guess you could say we have grown to love each other. Lindsey is a very demanding person, but at the same time he would do anything for me if I asked him to. I have a lot of respect for him and I guess I could say that I love him too. Don't look into that statement...we are just friends.

Interviewer: What about John and Mick? Are you still having troubles with John?

Chris: Mick is a very funny person and I love him dearly. He has been a sort of big brother to me since I started out in Fleetwood Mac. He is very cheeky and sometimes arrogant, but you can't help but love the chap! John is a completely different story. I love John more than anyone knows...I hope he doesn't read this......anyway as I was saying, I still love him.

Interviewer: Then why the divorce?

Chris: Too many fights, too much alcohol, too much loving, who knows? We just fell apart. We haven't been getting along too well these past couple of weeks, but we will survive. We always do.
Thanks for letting me know that this one might be fake. I think I printed it out, too.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 AM

She's singing Rhiannon for Stevie and when the wailing part comes she starts to do it then says, "etc. etc."
Old 12-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
She's singing Rhiannon for Stevie and when the wailing part comes she starts to do it then says, "etc. etc."
And the humming her way through most of the words...