Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Song lists

Anybody out there having an alternative song list for the 1968-11-xx Gyllene Cirkeln Stockholm venue? I have the songs below listed but I’m close to sure there’s some numbers missing….

01. Stop Messin' Round
02. If You Let Me Love You
03. Talk with You
04. Homework
05. Rollin' Man
06. Something Inside of Me
07. Lawdy Mama (Tell Me)
08. Driftin'
09. World Keep on Turning
10. Albatross
11. No Place to Go
12. San-Ho-Zay
13. Without You

Bye for now
//Michel
Old 11-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is the only set list that I have ever seen - the fact that there are no songs from Jeremy would seem to indicate that the show is incomplete - however the number of tracks and the length of the show are about average for that time frame...
Is it possible that something kept Jeremy from performing that night?

Maybe Mr. Spencer could enlighten us as he has in the past Please...

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 11-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile enlightenment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
That is the only set list that I have ever seen - the fact that there are no songs from Jeremy would seem to indicate that the show is incomplete - however the number of tracks and the length of the show are about average for that time frame...

Zoork 1 can enlighten you if he wishes, with my answer to a private message he sent me inquiring about the same thing!
Jeremy.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for replying BklynBlue,
Well, I asked, and Jeremy don't remember not being present at any Swedish concerts in 69. By the way, do you have a copy of the show? If so, what’s the
sound quality like?

Regards
//Michel
Old 11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have the same set list. There are no Jeremy's songs included, however I took a close listen to Albatross. Although there is a slide guitar included, there are no slide fill-ins to Peter and Danny's "conversation". This could mean that Peter actually took up his slide to play Jeremy's solo part.....
Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In answer to zoork1 - the sound quality is about average for a bootleg - it is the performances that really make the set a "must have" - and thank you for sharing Jeremy's response to you with the board -
There are three Spencer numbers said to have been recorded in Aarhus from the same tour, two of which have never shown up on any other boots that I know of: "Make A Little Love" and "The Sky Is Crying" - I wonder if these tracks were somehow separated from the Golden Circle set?
For that matter, are they even from the 1968 Scandanavian tour?
Mr. Spencer?

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Ledgie

Default Song lists

Quote:
I have the same set list. There are no Jeremy's songs included, however I took a close listen to Albatross. Although there is a slide guitar included, there are no slide fill-ins to Peter and Danny's "conversation". This could mean that Peter actually took up his slide to play Jeremy's solo part.....
In reply to Wouter Wuijk I would like to add that it's most probably Peter who is playing the "slide parts" but not by using a slide but his bending technique, making his guitar sound like a slide. That's how they did it on the occasions that I saw them and it sounds very similar to that on "Golden Circle" recording. If I don't remember incorrectly, Jeremy played the Grand Piano (that is if there was one) on "Albatross" and he certainly did it on a couple of other Green and Kirwan songs.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Aarhus?

I’ve seen the songs you (BklynBlue) mention - Make A Little Love, The Sky Is Crying (and Shake Your Moneymaker) - at DIME, issued as “Falconer Theatre Denmark May 7th 1968 1st gen”. I’ll take a closer look to see if there are any “revealing” similarities between the songs above, and the ones from Gyllene Cirkeln.

I remember hearing a chap in the audience chattering a lot, shouting to a girl beside (when Something Inside of Me abruptly stops) -: “Det var den där jäveln som paja det” [“The son of a bitch screwed it up… “] If I recognize his voice in the taped songs from “Denmark” I’ll let you know…..arf, arf, arf

//Zoork
Old 11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
I’ve seen the songs you (BklynBlue) mention - Make A Little Love, The Sky Is Crying (and Shake Your Moneymaker) - at DIME, issued as “Falconer Theatre Denmark May 7th 1968 1st gen”. I’ll take a closer look to see if there are any “revealing” similarities between the songs above, and the ones from Gyllene Cirkeln.

I remember hearing a chap in the audience chattering a lot, shouting to a girl beside (when Something Inside of Me abruptly stops) -: “Det var den där jäveln som paja det” [“The son of a bitch screwed it up… “] If I recognize his voice in the taped songs from “Denmark” I’ll let you know…..arf, arf, arf

//Zoork
Little question:
Is the Falconer Theatre situated in Aarhus? Perhaps someone from Denmark could give a clue.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Little question:
Is the Falconer Theatre situated in Aarhus? Perhaps someone from Denmark could give a clue.
Hi Wouter,
I suggest "Falconer Theatre" = Falconer Centret, Copenhagen. However, I'm only 50 % danish and might be wrong....

//Michel
Old 12-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Man of the world & Watch out

It seems to me as if ”Man of the world" and "Watch out" were seldom played live. The first one occurs in a gig in Helsinki, Finland, but I've seen no signs of Watch out. Does anyone out there know better?

//Michel