Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hypnotized

o.k. You people are the only ones that are going to "get" this. (and that may even be pushing it since it's so ridiculous)

I was at work today, and we are having meetings with a consultant this afternoon and all day tomorrow (fun. ) anyway, the guy is as cool as a fan!! We started off by "getting to know each other". Well, he decided we were going to tell three things about ourselves. One was a lie and the rest were true. Keep in mind, this guy is also a psychologist. Anyway, my three were:

I love chinese food
My house burned down when I was 15
I have over 1,500 Fleetwood Mac songs on my iPod.

Each of us went around and told our three things and the rest of us had to guess which was the lie. The consultant guy (after everyone KNEW the Fleetwood mac part was true) asked me which was my favorite song (silver springs) but his was Hypnotized. I was excited!! First of all, that I knew the song, given I just bought the album a few weeks ago. So I may take the song in tomorrow and play it for him to suck up. anyway-just thought I'd share

He also discussed how he went to USC when they used them for Tusk, but that's another story
Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
o.k. You people are the only ones that are going to "get" this. (and that may even be pushing it since it's so ridiculous)

I was at work today, and we are having meetings with a consultant this afternoon and all day tomorrow (fun. ) anyway, the guy is as cool as a fan!! We started off by "getting to know each other". Well, he decided we were going to tell three things about ourselves. One was a lie and the rest were true. Keep in mind, this guy is also a psychologist. Anyway, my three were:

I love chinese food
My house burned down when I was 15
I have over 1,500 Fleetwood Mac songs on my iPod.

Each of us went around and told our three things and the rest of us had to guess which was the lie. The consultant guy (after everyone KNEW the Fleetwood mac part was true) asked me which was my favorite song (silver springs) but his was Hypnotized. I was excited!! First of all, that I knew the song, given I just bought the album a few weeks ago. So I may take the song in tomorrow and play it for him to suck up. anyway-just thought I'd share

He also discussed how he went to USC when they used them for Tusk, but that's another story
I also tend to get a bit excited when I discover other mac fans in daily life because all of my friends mostly listen to either pop, emo/rock, or hip hop. They don't really understand my love for FM Don't get me wrong, I pretty much love all types of music but I just like FM the most now. It seems like I have the same taste in music as my friend's parents My ex BF's mother loved FM and he would whenever we got into discussions about them. He did like them too but he was also sick of them because of his mom played him to death..not to mention his fav type of music is underground hip hop.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it's cool when you cross paths with somebody who honestly knows PRE-1975 Fleetwood Mac material.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I also tend to get a bit excited when I discover other mac fans in daily life because all of my friends mostly listen to either pop, emo/rock, or hip hop. They don't really understand my love for FM Don't get me wrong, I pretty much love all types of music but I just like FM the most now. It seems like I have the same taste in music as my friend's parents My ex BF's mother loved FM and he would whenever we got into discussions about them. He did like them too but he was also sick of them because of his mom played him to death..not to mention his fav type of music is underground hip hop.
yeah, my friends don't either. They mostly listen to hip/hop etc. Don't get me wrong, I like that too. But I always find my way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Yeah, it's cool when you cross paths with somebody who honestly knows PRE-1975 Fleetwood Mac material.
and that it's actually his favorite song!! That's what floored me. Not that it's not a good song and all. So kudos to Dr. Wayne P.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
Keep in mind, this guy is also a psychologist.
Very cool! Love that he is a psychologist and love that ice-breaker idea.
I'm also into psych and there is definitely something to be said for the type of people that are attracted to Mac's music.
I definitely believe you can tell so much about a person by the music they listen to or avoid.
It is way cool to find another appreciator .... even Stevie would have to admit some "spiritual connection".

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 11-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
They existed before 1975?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
They existed before 1975?
Well of course they did. They were called Buckingham Nicks...

(runs for cover)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

(runs for cover)
So who's Chili gonna go after first?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not only do I love to come across fans of pre FM music, I also love hearing some of the old songs on the radio, which is pretty rare these days.

I've heard "Hypnotized," "Sentimental Lady" (the Bare Trees version), "Spare Me a Little," and "Heroes are Hard to Find." Wonderful. Bizarre.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-18-2006 at 02:52 PM..
Old 11-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

(runs for cover)
I always LOVE telling people about how "black magic woman" was NOT first done by Santana. And Hypnotized is one of the coolest songs. It ALWAYS makes it onto my "fleetwood mac compilations" along with WHY(on my top favorite songs EVER.), oh well,and sentimental lady.

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-19-2006 at 01:10 AM..
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I always LOVE telling people about how "black magic woman" was NOT first done by Santana.
I actually had to explain to someone once that "Green Manalishi" was not first done by Judas Priest!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I actually had to explain to someone once that "Green Manalishi" was not first done by Judas Priest!
I had no idea Judas Priest even did it.