Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy about a 2017 tour, errrr.... but not like this

So there will probably be a world tour next year. I would love to see Fleetwood Mac again and again, theorically. I mean, after watching this video from Isle of Wight 2015, I'd really really hate to see Go Your Own Way played like that. I saw them in october 2014 and it was far far better. Lindsey really enjoyed. Not only his voice was better (though it was not as good as in 2009, but at least it was decent), but he also played and rocked a lot. In this video it looks like he's missing Eveready batteries. Even in the last minutes when he played his guitar and walk thru the stage, he was more vigorous in 2014 (and in 2009 he was really the King!)

I know I can't expect them singing like in 1979, voices change with age. Elton's voice changed but he sang enough good in his 50s, not to mention Stevie, with all her voice up and downs thru the years, she was great in 1997, and I liked her a lot in 2014.

Don't hate me but I'm really thinking if this is not the time to just enjoy the "new" old unreleased material and not spoil memories with a disappointing performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRj0jk9FXDI
Old 09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Registered

i do not disagree with anything you said
Old 09-25-2016, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with you, but Lindsey was actually pretty sick during this concert and that's why he sounds off. The rest of that tour he sounded WAY better.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is ill here and it shows through quite well. That being said, GYOW is my all-time favorite song and I always enjoy hearing it. However, it's been a big letdown the last few times I've seen Fleetwood Mac. Ever since they dropped the key (after SYW maybe) it just seems to fall a bit flat. The only thing I can say is they're old and it's a hard as hell song to sing. I've never heard anyone do the song justice when trying to do the vocals and Lindsey really hasn't really been able to get it quite right in decades!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor Lindsey barely has any voice left. The last few things I've seen, he's letting the backup singers sing almost ALL of the choruses, so that he can get through what he has to get through.

When Chris left, he became THE FORCE onstage. And now he's fading, too. At least Chris is back, to pick up some slack, but...how much time do they have left?

Damn, this sucks!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Isle of Wright concert is not the standard at all. Christine struggled the entire concert. The group cancelled several gigs before this because Christine was sick. She can barely make it through Little Lies.
I saw the band twice during the long On with the Show Tour. Lindsey was fine. Christine's voice actually got better. I saw the tour in the states during the first 2 weeks. Christine got better as the tour went on.
You are picking one show where they probably would have cancelled because they were sick if it was not such a huge gig.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
So there will probably be a world tour next year. I would love to see Fleetwood Mac again and again, theorically. I mean, after watching this video from Isle of Wight 2015, I'd really really hate to see Go Your Own Way played like that. I saw them in october 2014 and it was far far better. Lindsey really enjoyed. Not only his voice was better (though it was not as good as in 2009, but at least it was decent), but he also played and rocked a lot. In this video it looks like he's missing Eveready batteries. Even in the last minutes when he played his guitar and walk thru the stage, he was more vigorous in 2014 (and in 2009 he was really the King!)

I know I can't expect them singing like in 1979, voices change with age. Elton's voice changed but he sang enough good in his 50s, not to mention Stevie, with all her voice up and downs thru the years, she was great in 1997, and I liked her a lot in 2014.

Don't hate me but I'm really thinking if this is not the time to just enjoy the "new" old unreleased material and not spoil memories with a disappointing performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRj0jk9FXDI

One thing you might not realise is that I think this footage was put up by Welcomechris. Don't take the message he put on there at face value (no change there, then.. the we apologise for this makes me laugh)

********Important Message Regarding "Isle of Wight" Show********
Despite the entire band being ill at the time of this recording, they decided "On With the Show" and performed a full show. Due to their illnesses, the key was lowered in the songs. We apologize for this.

I think there was a problem uploading the video and it's actually slow so they just sound as if they are singing in a lower key- it's not the key that the band was singing in!

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 09-26-2016 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
One thing you might not realise is that I think this footage was put up by Welcomechris. Don't take the message he put on there at face value (no change there, then.. the we apologise for this makes me laugh)

********Important Message Regarding "Isle of Wight" Show********
Despite the entire band being ill at the time of this recording, they decided "On With the Show" and performed a full show. Due to their illnesses, the key was lowered in the songs. We apologize for this.

I think there was a problem uploading the video and it's actually slow so they just sound as if they are singing in a lower key- it's not the key that the band was singing in!

Yes, each time I have watched this video I have always noticed that the speed is actually slower than it should be. Although the vocalists were not in top shape this night, the video does not give an accurate representation. There has clearly been some tampering with the sound/issues with the upload.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Yes, each time I have watched this video I have always noticed that the speed is actually slower than it should be. Although the vocalists were not in top shape this night, the video does not give an accurate representation. There has clearly been some tampering with the sound/issues with the upload.
Its slowed down to avoid the BS YTs music copyright recognization bots .That why I no longer post videos with music on YT anymore.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016