Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i pointed out at the time that it's made up, so peeps didn't dwel on it. but by now it popped up again.

so thank you bwboy for fixing your original post with that made-up quote.

you are justifying your post by pointing out that Lindsey's original quote was rambling. which you pointed out first, and many agreed. but then you decided to make up similar quote but with throwing not-so-hidden daggers at Christine. people who are ready to believe all the worst about Lindsey, and even some who are necessarily not, took your made-up quote at face value, easily. John and i haven't because with know better, that he would NEVER say such things about Christine.
He's done nothing but praise her, over the years.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BWBOY MADE THAT STATEMENT YOU ARE ANALYZING UP.

i was just waiting for it to be buried a bit and for someone to pick it up as real.
ok thanks for the clarification. it did seem a bit over the top but then i thought well maybe it came from an old interview when he was out of the band or who knows. or was just an oddly phrased statement, like his whole "burned all her bridges" trope.

Sorry for being a sucka.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-30-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ok thanks for the clarification. it did seem a bit over the top but then i thought well maybe it came from an old interview when he was out of the band or who knows. or was just an oddly phrased statement, like his whole "burned all her bridges" trope.

Sorry for being a sucka.
Lol you are definitely not a sucka, bombaysapphires! I should have said I made it up in my post. I like Lindsey, but that original quote just made me roll my eyes and I wanted to have a little fun with it, that's all. Lesson learned. Hope there's no hard feelings, I see a lot of negativity on the Ledge, and I hate that I contributed to it with my attempt to be funny.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so thank you bwboy for fixing your original post with that made-up quote.

you are justifying your post by pointing out that Lindsey's original quote was rambling. which you pointed out first, and many agreed. but then you decided to make up similar quote but with throwing not-so-hidden daggers at Christine. people who are ready to believe all the worst about Lindsey, and even some who are necessarily not, took your made-up quote at face value, easily. John and i haven't because with know better, that he would NEVER say such things about Christine.
Thank you, elle, for the suggestion!

Just to clear up, I love Christine McVie and I love her music. I've read an interview or two with Lindsey that occasionally featured what I would call back-handed compliments, so I was attempting to mimic that style. I certainly don't feel that way about Christine and I anxiously await a new FM album with material from her, with or without Stevie.

When I see negative posts about one person, I tend to play devil's advocate. Right now, there's a lot of hate towards Stevie on the Forum, so I thought I'd throw some shade towards Lindsey. Even though I made fun of his quote, I love Lindsey, too, and certainly his music.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Aside from that, yes Lindsey rambles, but does he talk like that? No. It didn't even sound like his wording.

Michele
Old 10-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Bombaysapphires and AncientQueen, I'm sorry, I made that quote up. When I read the original quote, I was like, "WTF?" I apologize but honest to God, his original quote was just as stupid as the one I made up, and I was making fun of that. No disrespect intended to anyone here on the Ledge.

Like Lindsey, I guess I was being loquacious.
how funny you are
Old 10-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was obvious to me that bwboy's unsuccessful attempt to be funny was a fake. Lindsey can be bombastic and self-important, but he doesn't misuse vocabulary. He wouldn't have said "triage" when he meant "triangle."

Maybe someone should start a thread where people can write fake quotes from their various band members? We could have an April Fools' Day in the Fall.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
It was obvious to me that bwboy's unsuccessful attempt to be funny was a fake. Lindsey can be bombastic and self-important, but he doesn't misuse vocabulary. He wouldn't have said "triage" when he meant "triangle."

Maybe someone should start a thread where people can write fake quotes from their various band members? We could have an April Fools' Day in the Fall.
maybe? so peeps can get that out of their systems, and who knows, some might be actually funny!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
maybe? so peeps can get that out of their systems, and who knows, some might be actually funny!
And I actually thought that his real quote about Christine was spot on. They really do feed each other and have a great respect for each other. It's really kept the band together over many years.