The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Now that FM is more or less an oldies band, will you see them on the next tour?
Hell yes, bring on the 9000th Rhiannon! 28 50.00%
No way, not unless I here new music. 22 39.29%
I'm not sure 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
While I complain about the set list.... The energy in Los Angeles for the first 3 shows was unreal... Stevie did the best GDW I've ever seen. And I'm so sick of that song... but it was really really good... LIttle Lies was amazing... not crazy about that song, either...

I say no... but I'll change my mind... Please.. give us a new album..

Your equivocation is the most honest post in this thread. The truth is, I would fight with myself not to see them, should they come my way again. But I'll definitely try to boycott it if there isn't a new album.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Your equivocation is the most honest post in this thread. The truth is, I would fight with myself not to see them, should they come my way again. But I'll definitely try to boycott it if there isn't a new album.
I know I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't go. But, they are pushing me...
Old 09-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That should be "hear" new music. ha ha
Old 09-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the band last year for the first time in a very long time because of Christine's return.

The concert was reasonably convenient for me and I was able to get a ticket for an affordable price. I paid around $60 for balcony at the other end of the arena. I don't want a floor seat anyway because everyone stands and I wouldn't see a thing. I could see fine from where I was with my binoculars.

I would go again next year if the circumstances were similar -- reasonably convenient venue, cheap-ish tickets. But unlike many of you Ledgies I haven't devotedly gone to every tour (wasn't interested if Chris wasn't there), so I'm not tired of them the way many of you are.

So, I guess the answer's yes, bring on Rhiannon for the one million, four hundred and eighty-one thousand, six hundred and thirteenth time. Or is it six hundred and fourteenth. lol
Old 09-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That should be "hear" new music. ha ha
Maybe a moderator could fix the typo?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on all we need is 2 more votes for " no way unless I hear new music " to pull ahead!

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 09-01-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Come on all we need is 2 more votes for " no way unless I hear new music " to pull ahead!
I voted as you asked.

At this point I'd rather go see The Children Of Fleetwood Mac.
Surely some of the talent was passed on. The 5 are just too old
now.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure. it was so great to see Christine again in 2015, but if they do their final tour, the tickets will be even more expensive. I payed 294 Euros for a first row ticket, and was rewarded with a great view at Stevie being bored and pissed at something, not even trying to be professional. And that was pretty uncool.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I payed 294 Euros for a first row ticket, and was rewarded with a great view at Stevie being bored and pissed at something, not even trying to be professional. And that was pretty uncool.
See, why do they hang on to that old bat? She's keeping them from releasing a new album, and doesn't even want to be on stage.

Show her the door already!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Boycotting Fleetwood Mac is in no way an effective method of forcing them to release the finished songs they have in the vault.
Oh, I totally agree. Us diehards prostrating ourselves for new music are a fraction of a fraction of a percent of their paying fanbase. For me personally, I just don't have any desire to hear the same old songs live. If the band were to launch a radically different setlist filled with nothing but deep cuts, I'd probably go to several concerts and be the most excited person in attendance.

However, it's pretty much a given at this point that the Fleetwood Mac setlist is essentially frozen in place. There will never be a FM concert without Rhiannon or Go Your Own Way. Rumours will ALWAYS be the main event. The hits were what put the band on the map, but I've heard them so many times I just never care to hear them again. It's simply a personal decision for me. Instead of hearing the same old songs, I'd honestly rather take that money and go to the beach for the weekend. That's just me, though.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Oh, I totally agree. Us diehards prostrating ourselves for new music are a fraction of a fraction of a percent of their paying fanbase. For me personally, I just don't have any desire to hear the same old songs live. If the band were to launch a radically different setlist filled with nothing but deep cuts, I'd probably go to several concerts and be the most excited person in attendance.

However, it's pretty much a given at this point that the Fleetwood Mac setlist is essentially frozen in place. There will never be a FM concert without Rhiannon or Go Your Own Way. Rumours will ALWAYS be the main event. The hits were what put the band on the map, but I've heard them so many times I just never care to hear them again. It's simply a personal decision for me. Instead of hearing the same old songs, I'd honestly rather take that money and go to the beach for the weekend. That's just me, though.
Let's face it, we all know why they are what they are now.... and it rhymes with TV Dicks ...another name i've been calling her rhymes which "witch" that fits her too.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I will go see them one more time. It pisses me off that they won't put any new music out, BUT, they've been the soundtrack to my life.

So I'll pony up, one more time.

Because likely that's all they have left in them(before one of them kicks the bucket).
I know. Me too. Inescapable. I don't really want to without new music, but I will go. I must goooooooo.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
See, why do they hang on to that old bat? She's keeping them from releasing a new album, and doesn't even want to be on stage.
Show her the door already!
When they tour without Stevie, they will not be able to get more than 100 $ for front row. So they won't. As unfair it may seem, given the enthusiasm and effort the other members put into that band, they are nothing without Stevie and she knows that so damn well. Let's face it, she is the main draw.

FM is better with Stevie, I wouldn't want to see the band at all without her, because even on her most uninspired day she gives the band a great dynamic.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
When they tour without Stevie, they will not be able to get more than 100 $ for front row. So they won't. As unfair it may seem, given the enthusiasm and effort the other members put into that band, they are nothing without Stevie and she knows that so damn well. Let's face it, she is the main draw.

FM is better with Stevie, I wouldn't want to see the band at all without her, because even on her most uninspired day she gives the band a great dynamic.
See, I KNOW that that's what the general pubic wants from them, because the general public are lemmings. They follow style over substance, and always have. If she didn't twirl around like some hippie dolt, she'd still be a waitress, IMO. She -intentionally or not- became her own brand, by being this hippie dippy chick. And now, her limelight has become the creative cesspool of FM. Because bitch is holding them hostage.

So tix will be under $100, and I'll be able to see them in smaller venues? WHAT is the downside for me? You're just sweetening the deal!