The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What do you want from this band?

I thought it might be worthwhile starting a thread about what we all want from the Mac.

A lot of Ledgies want a new album obviously, but I'm interested to see what else people would like. Maybe some of us would be happy with another greatest hits tour.

So I'll start this off by saying that I would like:

- A farewell tour, with shows in Australia
- A new studio album
- A taped show from the farewell tour on Blu-Ray and DVD
Old 08-27-2016, 10:06 AM

I'd like to call this list "Only in my wildest dreams":

- A last album from all the five members.
- a last world tour that touches Italy or at least Switzerland so that I can see my favourite band live once before one of the members drops dead.
- A new series of boxsets that comprehends DVDs of their old live performances and new live rarities.
- release of new soundbard bootlegs that must be in someone's vault.
- A recorded special with the band executing some of their well-known deep cuts that never or rarely made it to the stage (I don't wanna know, That's alright etc) and new rendition of their classic tunes (like country versions that suit their voice and stage presence better).
Old 08-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1. new album from however many band members are willing, out before the 2017 tour
  2. rotating setlist live, with at least 3 songs changed from date to date (to give them a choice of one from from each songwriter). rotating songs should be deep(er) cuts or songs they haven't performed at more than one tour
2a. Walk A Thin Line live
2b. if there's no new album before the last tour, then setlist like the first legs of Springsteen's the River tour, with Tusk in entirety, followed by 6 or so more songs / hits

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Ledgie

More than anything, I would like to hear a solidly pleasing new album featuring all 5 members. Also would like archival releases and remasters of their complete discography. I'm not that excited for a farewell tour. Would rather see them do a series of shows in a few major cities with a revolving set of less or never played cuts. These could include a few songs from the late 60s/early 70s era of the band and a couple of Buckingham/Nicks tunes as well. I know this would never happen but it would be nice.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would most ideally love to see an MTV Unplugged/VH1 Storytellers type special featuring the band performing and talking about lesser known songs, maybe even unreleased songs. If that was possible, that would be so cool. Like Stevie's Storytellers special, or even The Dance album, but with songs that are rarely or never performed live.

But in terms of realistic possibilities...

I'd be happy with a new album with all five band members working together, and another world tour, hopefully with a few changes to the most recent setlist to keep it interesting!

Would love to see the band pursue more artistic endeavors rather than performing only when they'll make the most possible money. For example, a smaller tour playing all the songs from Tusk rather than another huge tour of all the songs from Rumours would be a welcome change!

Last edited by lilyfee; 08-27-2016 at 11:22 AM..
Old 08-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Simply, unity.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A farewell tour with Hold Me, Over & Over, and Sara on the setlist.

(You Make Loving Fun, Gypsy, and Everywhere are my other must have songs, but I'm sure those will be on the set.)
Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default In this order........

A new double studio album by the five

Box set's like Tusk from albums Then Play On to Say You Will, all being released by the 2017

Blu-Ray releases of Mirage & Tusk Concert/Doc

A Tour doing at least 5 new tracks and 5 deep cut tracks

...........and of course the Buckinghan/Nicks box set
Old 08-28-2016, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Turn back time.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Turn back time.
That's Cher.

Stevie's plastic surgery look different.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SisterNightroad, I love your idea of the band doing a live show featuring songs they've never (or rarely) performed live- I Don't Want to Know, Crystal, Warm Ways, Brown Eyes, Hold Me, That's Alright, Think About Me, the Farmer's Daughter, Straight Back... this kind of special would make a lot of fans happy, I think.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Ledgie

Heart

Excellent topic. I hope the band sees this!

Lindsey has said before that this will be a very fruitful time for Fleetwood Mac. Then play on...

Final Double Studio Album featuring all five members working together in harmony. / Co-produced by Lindsey Buckingham, Ken Caillat, Richard Dashut, and Dave Stewart. (Dave will co-produce Stevie's songs.)

Well-produced music videos for the singles off the new album. We've seen them live. Give us real videos that take us back to the days when 'Gypsy' was not only the highest-budget music video ever produced at the time, it was the very first "World Premiere Video" on MTV in 1982.

Proper Public Relations representation / Media Blitz Campaign to promote the band, their image, the Farewell World Tour, and their legacy.

Farewell World Tour featuring and rotating 3-5 new songs and 3-5 deep cuts. Change it up every ten cities or so.

Farewell World Tour Blu-Ray Concert including the new songs and deep cuts collected from various performances during the tour so we get several new songs and several deep cuts recorded on the very best high-quality film.

Storytellers / The Dance type small venue Blu-Ray Concerts with deep cuts / acoustics / country versions / simplified versions of about ten songs from each singer/songwriter. 'I Don't Want To Know' / 'Frozen Love' / 'Get Like You Used To Be' / honor the Bob Welch Era with 'Sentimental Lady', for examples.

New and Complete 'Fleetwood Mac: Behind The Music', 1967-2017, with all new interviews.

Complete Discography Remastered Box Set including EP and Buckingham Nicks, 1967-2017, and/or Complete Rumours-Era Band from White Album to Final Album Remastered Box Set, 1975-2017.

Complete Discography Box Sets from Stevie and Lindsey / The Very Best of Christine McVie.

Complete Blu-Ray Video Collection / Complete Blu-Ray Concert Series, 1967-2017.

Complete Blu-Ray Concert Box Set from Live at Capital Centre to Farewell Tour.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In an ideal world;
I want all material recorded in recent years to receive a proper physical release (including EP). This might be a double album or better still 2 or 3 single albums. Each will contain a fair share of material by each writer. The first we will get new material will be December 2016.
In a less than ideal world;
I still want all material recorded in recent years to receive a proper physical release- whether Stevie contributes or not. More realistically Spring 2017.

I want the band to headline the Glastonbury festival. They are presently up there with Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin as the biggest acts never to have made an appearance.

I'd like an unplugged release- DVD/CD.

In an ideal world;
I'd like a tour to support an album in early 2017 (featuring plenty of new material), followed by another (farewell) tour in 2018 (featuring some representation of music from all periods of the band's history).
I'd like a farewell tour in 2017/18 that will feature a bit of new material alongside some representation from PG era and BW.

I'd like them to be a bit more fluent on stage- sticking less rigidly to the same patter every night, in every town. Be a proper rock and roll band.

In an ideal world;
I'd like one last top 10 hit single.
A top 10 single is unlikely at this stage so at the very least I'd like a couple of proper single releases with good, proper videos. Is a top 20 really beyond the realms of possibility?

A Tango In The Night make-over box set in 2017 to mark 30 years.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 08-28-2016 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, full uncut Tusk tour videos, preferably the 11/5/1979 St. Louis show. Full uncut Mirage tour videos, the LA video and the US Festival video.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the bands journey should end with them all fighting and then they all go their own ways and do solo stuff. I think it's just very fitting for them to end this way.