Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'd be okay with it, too. I'd much rather hear new songs and old songs not played in a long time from Christine and Lindsey than hear "Dreams," "Rhiannon," "Landslide," and "Gold Dust Woman" for the umpteenth time.
I think you did a setlist of McVie/Buckingham and I was astounded how enticing it looked.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, and we could do without Stevie's other songs, too, like Sara, Gypsy, Silver Springs, Sisters of the Moon, and Seven Wonders. Blech! More Songbird, Don't Stop, Never Going Back Again, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way, Big Love, Go Insane, and the Chain!

Last edited by bwboy; 08-06-2016 at 02:50 PM..
Old 08-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yeah, and we could do without Stevie's other songs, too, like Sara, Gypsy, Silver Springs, Sisters of the Moon, and Seven Wonders. Blech! More Songbird, Don't Stop, Never Going Back Again, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way, Big Love, Go Insane, and the Chain!
And Isn't It Midnight, Hold Me, Got A Hold On Me, Trouble, Steal Your Heart Away, Holiday Road, and Oh Well.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

See this is the reason I hate the Ledge

i come here to see if rarities or anything interesting pops up - and the moment i read the interview, I knew.... I just knew all of you will be posting negative **** about Stevie

because despite being a good source for information, but you're all so negative. jesus christ stop being so grumpy
Old 08-06-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMcCrudden View Post
See this is the reason I hate the Ledge

i come here to see if rarities or anything interesting pops up - and the moment i read the interview, I knew.... I just knew all of you will be posting negative **** about Stevie

because despite being a good source for information, but you're all so negative. jesus christ stop being so grumpy
Said the person, angrily...
Old 08-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Said the person, angrily...

I'm not angry. i was just stating that this place is more negatives than positives and it's driving me up the wall... spread love, this place can be a little toxic
Old 08-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not angry. i was just stating that this place is more negatives than positives and it's driving me up the wall... spread love, this place can be a little toxic
We're negative about Stevie, and the band, because she apparently doesn't want to do an album while the others do. For me, that's sad because I really want new music from Christine and because I love the musical interplay between Lindsey, Mick, and John. And, if I'm being honest, Stevie's contributions to Fleetwood Mac have been lacking, with a few exceptions, starting with "Tango..." So, them bending over backwards for the one who has been the weak link is especially frustrating for me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People (yes even divas) don't flat-out refuse to do things without some sort of reason.

Despite all the positive aspects of a new release, there is something holding Stevie back, which I happen to believe involves her emotions. She's putting off the inevitable to make the band "last" in her own world.

At the same time, I know for a fact she's dreading having to go into the studio with Lindsey again... All one has to do is watch Destiny Rules, and you can see and feel the tension.

That being said, I think the reason is far bigger than these two things.. I don't know what it is, but it has to be pretty major.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
People (yes even divas) don't flat-out refuse to do things without some sort of reason.

Despite all the positive aspects of a new release, there is something holding Stevie back, which I happen to believe involves her emotions. She's putting off the inevitable to make the band "last" in her own world.

At the same time, I know for a fact she's dreading having to go into the studio with Lindsey again... All one has to do is watch Destiny Rules, and you can see and feel the tension.

That being said, I think the reason is far bigger than these two things.. I don't know what it is, but it has to be pretty major.
In that case, she should encourage them and give them her blessing to make the album without her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm kind of against the spread of love. People who want joy should not expect it here.

Michele
Old 08-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
In that case, she should encourage them and give them her blessing to make the album without her.
It has occurred to me that this might have already happened, yet the band is still waiting for her to come around. As spiteful as Stevie can be towards Lindsey, I just can't see her throwing up a roadblock for Christine to record with Fleetwood Mac again. Not just that, I can't see Christine standing for it. If there is one person left in this world who can put Stevie in her place, it would be Christine McVie. My guess is Chris and Lindsey are just giving Stevie her space, since both of them left the band themselves for more than a decade. I think they both understand what it's like to not be able to not be able to provide for the band when it comes calling. Maybe they feel Stevie is owed her own space. After all, with the exception of Time, Stevie has stood by the band for the past 40 years.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No-one knows exactly what's going on....
Its all conjecture based on the odd interview, and reading a lot in between the lines...
Yes, Lindsey and Christine did give out that there would be a new Album as they had recorded new stuff.
But that was ages ago.
Mick has given information that they have new material but Stevie is holding them back.
But Mick is guilt of saying things for publicity.
IF a new Album comes it will be next year, 40 years on etc etc.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
After all, with the exception of Time, Stevie has stood by the band for the past 40 years.
Yes, thank you... Many seem to forget this fact. For the first time in 40 years Stevie doesn't want to make an album, and she is vilified. Where is the hate for Lindsey and Chris when they refused to tour/left the band altogether?

I know the circumstances are different, but I feel like the hatred is imbalanced.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, thank you... Many seem to forget this fact. For the first time in 40 years Stevie doesn't want to make an album, and she is vilified. Where is the hate for Lindsey and Chris when they refused to tour/left the band altogether?

I know the circumstances are different, but I feel like the hatred is imbalanced.
The band continued to operate after LB and CM left. The hate is because the band isn't moving on without her, and for reasons I have yet to comprehend, that is somehow her fault and not theirs.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Where is the hate for Lindsey and Chris when they refused to tour/left the band altogether?

their choice to leave was definitive and the band was able to clearly make decisions to move on ... now it seems they are being held hostage by her