User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
This will be a big wake-up call to the band. Something like this hits home in a way all the comings and goings of various band members does not.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for John! His bass is vital to the sound of the band.
Yes, all this. They probably all thought they're invincible (or at lease close to it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
John seems to be the nicest, calmest, and laidback of the band. He seems like the guy that you'd want to hang out with and talk with for several hours. Plus, his humor, is great too.
Same. Sure, he had a few controversies in his past, but they were long ago.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They could have a "Guest" Bass player and do the Vegas show (or a few shows) and donate the profits to a worthy cause (cancer research)...
Old 10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
This will be a big wake-up call to the band. Something like this hits home in a way all the comings and goings of various band members does not.
This is something I have been thinking about all day. These people are all now in their mid 60s to early 70s. Clearly, the death of the Bobs didn't affect the Rumours folks. But John getting sick should shake them to the core, and hopefully make them put all their silly decades old ego fueled differences aside. It's time for all the power plays to end, and for these people to come together and rally behind one another.

As far as the future, Fleetwood Mac should absolutely, positively be put on hold until John's return. If for whatever reason he does not return, that should be the end of the band, period. John was the reason why Peter Green formed Fleetwood Mac. He is the absolute backbone of the band, it's reason for existing. There is no Fleetwood Mac without him.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
As far as the future, Fleetwood Mac should absolutely, positively be put on hold until John's return. If for whatever reason he does not return, that should be the end of the band, period. John was the reason why Peter Green formed Fleetwood Mac. He is the absolute backbone of the band, it's reason for existing. There is no Fleetwood Mac without him.
This is exactly what I was trying to say.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
This is something I have been thinking about all day. These people are all now in their mid 60s to early 70s. Clearly, the death of the Bobs didn't affect the Rumours folks. But John getting sick should shake them to the core, and hopefully make them put all their silly decades old ego fueled differences aside. It's time for all the power plays to end, and for these people to come together and rally behind one another.

^^I agree with all this too.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post #23 should have been deleted and all the responses to it. It was bad taste even if it was an "opinion".

John McVie is a member and namesake of this band we all profess to be fans of. There should be a little more respect shown during a time when he is fighting for his life.

My grandmother used to tell me if you can't something nice then don't say anything at all. This is an appropriate time to exercise that wisdom, in case that is confusing to anyone.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-28-2013 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have to agree with all this. Let them all do their own things while John gets better. Then when he's well enough, do a final goodbye. If not, it should really be the end.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, there's the anti-Semitic charge too. I'm aware there's controversy in his past, but it's from decades ago.
isn't his wife Jewish, or of Jewish descent?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
isn't his wife Jewish, or of Jewish descent?
Yep. I think the comment was supposedly made to Peter Green, before Julie was in his life. Michele
Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Sorry Louie, but I can't agree with you on that one. Whilst I certainly wish him the best healthwise, that doesn't change the fact that I despise the man. I actually don't see why the band can't still tour Australia and New Zealand without him.
Excuse me??? Please show a little respect. I know you hate Stevie, but to say something like this about a man who is fighting for his life is just classless. Why are you even on here?!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Post #23 should have been deleted and all the responses to it. It was bad taste even if it was an "opinion".

John McVie is a member and namesake of this band we all profess to be fans of. There should no be a little more respect shown during a time when he is fighting for his life.

My grandmother used to tell me if you can't something nice then don't say anything at all. This is an appropriate time to exercise that wisdom, in case that is confusing to anyone.
Agreed. It's tasteless too.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Agreed. It's tasteless too.
Didn't really wanna comment on it, but yeah I agree.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart John McVie

John, I send all my prayers to you and your family and friends. Bob and I always had a sweet spot in our hearts for you and wish you all the best. We are counting on you to recover from this. You were always such a sweet soul. I am here for you and your family should you want to talk. Please know I have been through this and clearly know from both sides what you are going thru. I had a liver cancer scare several years ago and they misdiagnosed me and gave me 6 months to live. They were wrong. It scared Bob to death, and of course you all know what I have been through over Bob's illness, etc. I am here for you. I truly mean it. I beg all of you to send John prayers.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart John McVie/Cancer scare

John, Bob and I truly had a special place in our heart for you. Please say prayers for John, his family and friends. You are a very talented and special soul and I will always be here and saying prayers for you and your family
Old 10-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As far as the future, Fleetwood Mac should absolutely, positively be put on hold until John's return. If for whatever reason he does not return, that should be the end of the band, period.
What if that's not what John wants them to do? What if he wants them to go on with another bassist (i.e. George Hawkins)?

It's really too early to speculate the band's future. That's probably the furthest thing from their minds right now.

THE Stephen Hopkins