Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default $#@!*?! Cats

Does anyone here live with roommates who are otherwise cool (well, mostly), but have filthy, nasty pets?

My roommates have two cats. Neither one is very friendly. One is apparently not litterbox trained, and he's constantly crapping all over the house. To make matters worse, the roomies don't really clean the litterbox regularly. Since they're not my cats, and I'm really paying too much to live here anyway, I refuse to clean it.

I've taken to closing my bedroom door when I leave in the mornings, because the incontinent one took a dump on my floor once. The other day, the cat apparently snuck into my room and crawled under my bed while I was in the shower. When I left for work, I closed the door. Well...

He was shut up in there all day long and pissed on my bed and on my zafu/zabuton (meditation cushion and pad that cost almost $100). The roomies were very apologetic about the bed and got it cleaned up. However, they never mentioned the zafu/zabuton until last night when I noticed it wasn't in my room. So I asked one of the roomies about it, and he showed it to me, stacked up in the dining room (along with a bunch of other crap...the roomies don't keep a neat house, but that's a separate issue). The zabuton smelled of cat urine. Apparently, they have ordered some pet urine remover that comes with a black light, or some such nonsense.

It pissed me off (no pun intended) that they failed to mention it to me until I asked about it. Arrrgh!! If they don't get the piss out, I'm going to insist that they buy me a new set. Again...it cost me almost $100!

I just had to get this off my chest...sorry.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Does anyone here live with roommates who are otherwise cool (well, mostly), but have filthy, nasty pets?

My roommates have two cats. Neither one is very friendly. One is apparently not litterbox trained, and he's constantly crapping all over the house. To make matters worse, the roomies don't really clean the litterbox regularly. Since they're not my cats, and I'm really paying too much to live here anyway, I refuse to clean it.

I've taken to closing my bedroom door when I leave in the mornings, because the incontinent one took a dump on my floor once. The other day, the cat apparently snuck into my room and crawled under my bed while I was in the shower. When I left for work, I closed the door. Well...

He was shut up in there all day long and pissed on my bed and on my zafu/zabuton (meditation cushion and pad that cost almost $100). The roomies were very apologetic about the bed and got it cleaned up. However, they never mentioned the zafu/zabuton until last night when I noticed it wasn't in my room. So I asked one of the roomies about it, and he showed it to me, stacked up in the dining room (along with a bunch of other crap...the roomies don't keep a neat house, but that's a separate issue). The zabuton smelled of cat urine. Apparently, they have ordered some pet urine remover that comes with a black light, or some such nonsense.

It pissed me off (no pun intended) that they failed to mention it to me until I asked about it. Arrrgh!! If they don't get the piss out, I'm going to insist that they buy me a new set. Again...it cost me almost $100!

I just had to get this off my chest...sorry.
Hey, Marky... here's some advice- move yo' ass outta there!

Cats are nasty and destructive and NOTHING, I mean NOTHING gets rid of cat urine smell. I can't even imagine how nasty it must be living there.

You have my sympathies
Old 08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Bleck!

Sorry to hear about your dirty situation. Yuck! It's not the cats' fault though, it's your roommates responsiblity to care for their animals.

I agree with Tower, get out if you can, find a cleaner place to live, but if that's not an option, talk with your roomies and let them know you are not happy with the cleanliness of the house.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Hey, Marky... here's some advice- move yo' ass outta there!

Cats are nasty and destructive and NOTHING, I mean NOTHING gets rid of cat urine smell. I can't even imagine how nasty it must be living there.

You have my sympathies
Aw, not all cats are that way!!! The cat I have now is absolutely the most ornery cat I have ever known, and he has never gone to the bathroom anywhere other than in the litter box! My two previous cats (one of whom died prematurely and the other lives with my ex) were absolute angels--they weren't even declawed and yet our furniture was intact.

My guess is that Marky's roommates have some unusually maladjusted cats, which really sucks!
'Cause when I look down, I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up, I just trip over things."
-Ani Difranco
Old 08-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecricket2
Aw, not all cats are that way!!! The cat I have now is absolutely the most ornery cat I have ever known, and he has never gone to the bathroom anywhere other than in the litter box! My two previous cats (one of whom died prematurely and the other lives with my ex) were absolute angels--they weren't even declawed and yet our furniture was intact.

My guess is that Marky's roommates have some unusually maladjusted cats, which really sucks!
yeah, exactly.
But - if there is a cat like that - you should probably move. I have cats, and I love them, but I wouldn't want to constantly deal with cat piss and **** in that way. Oh, and they probably will be able to get the smell out, but it is pretty difficult, and again, I wouldn't want to deal with it over and over....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love cats. But they really are destructive in nature. Dealing with cat piss is not cool. My cats have always used the litterbox (except when the dopey one had cystitis), but still- putting up with cat yuck when they're not even your own cats is a draggggggggggggg.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My feline children have a self cleaning litterbox. They are very spoiled little creatures.
It bugs me when people don't take good care of their pets.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I've thought about moving, but I can't afford my own apartment at the moment...and I'm not too keen on finding new roommates. These guys were friends of mine before I moved in...but the last bunch I lived with, I didn't know before I moved in...the guy who owned the house was a complete nutjob (he was probably bipolar, but undiagnosed).

I've thought about feeding the cats Prestone. (j/k...sort of)
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
My feline children have a self cleaning litterbox. They are very spoiled little creatures.
It bugs me when people don't take good care of their pets.
I tried using the self-cleaning litterbox. It scared the crap out of my cats. The timing of the cleaner thing would always go off just when one of them would go near it to use and they'd FREEEK and run away.

Needless to say, I sent that sucker back to the manufacturer.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Well, I've thought about moving, but I can't afford my own apartment at the moment...and I'm not too keen on finding new roommates. These guys were friends of mine before I moved in...but the last bunch I lived with, I didn't know before I moved in...the guy who owned the house was a complete nutjob (he was probably bipolar, but undiagnosed).

I've thought about feeding the cats Prestone. (j/k...sort of)
Do you know why the one cat doesn't go in the litterbox? Did they try to train it? I think some cats won't go in the box if it isn't very, very, clean, and you said they don't clean theirs well...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Do you know why the one cat doesn't go in the litterbox? Did they try to train it? I think some cats won't go in the box if it isn't very, very, clean, and you said they don't clean theirs well...
Well...they had a regular litterbox that they didn't keep clean...I think that's why he wouldn't use that one. Then, they got a new one which is supposedly self-cleaning that we jokingly refer to as the Death Star. I think he's afraid of it (I am, too, honestly).
Old 08-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well...they had a regular litterbox that they didn't keep clean...I think that's why he wouldn't use that one. Then, they got a new one which is supposedly self-cleaning that we jokingly refer to as the Death Star. I think he's afraid of it (I am, too, honestly).

well, maybe that would help, if they got one he wasn't afraid of, and kept it clean. Good luck. Sometimes my siamese still does things that I want to kill him for. And that's besides his constant loud, pushy meowing. It's like living with a Fran Drescher who occasionally pees somewhere she shouldn't. In case you think I'm joking, get a load of this:
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...S2T26PQEO4U7RD

Last edited by amber; 08-02-2005 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate cats, so if I were in your shoes, I'd move out.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I hate cats, so if I were in your shoes, I'd move out.
I'm with you, cats are demonic on a good day. If you hate them now, how would you feel about it the NEXT time it takes a **** in your room? And it is just a matter of time.....
Run, run away!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since we're on the topic of cats, my 10 week old kitten has terrible gas could it be something else other then cheap cat food? I have her on a medium priced kitten food (kibble & canned), should she be on that expensive vet food?