The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I love money . But you can't go home at night and cuddle up with money. You can't pour your feelings out to money. You can't take a romantic, moonlight walk in the beach with money.

"God knows I've tried."–Alex P. Keaton, Family Ties
Old 12-19-2018, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Button Lip and Ancient Queen please stop arguing about what happened on Facebook. The rest of us don’t need to see a continuation of drama that belongs elsewhere.
Well, I'm trying to do just that for a while now.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In answer to the original question this thread was about,
Yes, I do still really like Stevie Nicks. Stephanie Lynn Nicks remains my favourite female singer of all time...well ok, second favourite. Second only to Aretha Franklin.
And no prizes for guessing my favourite male singer. Same name as some palace in England.
I really believe that had there not been irreconcilable differences, Stevie would have wanted Lindsey to stay. Imagine the alternative to what actually happened. Stevie reluctantly agrees to Lindsey staying in the band and they go on a massive farewell tour covering all the major countries in the world. But they both hate each other and do not even talk except on stage. That would kill their musical chemistry and the tour would be absolutely ****.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Imagine the alternative to what actually happened. Stevie reluctantly agrees to Lindsey staying in the band and they go on a massive farewell tour covering all the major countries in the world. But they both hate each other and do not even talk except on stage.
That's what had been happening since 1977, or at least since 2003 or 2004. They even stayed at separate hotels.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
That's what had been happening since 1977, or at least since 2003 or 2004. They even stayed at separate hotels.
I fear that right now we would discuss their fake "onstage we love each other" shtick, not having to see that is the one good thing that comes with Lindsey being out.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In answer to the original question this thread was about,
Yes, I do still really like Stevie Nicks. Stephanie Lynn Nicks remains my favourite female singer of all time...well ok, second favourite. Second only to Aretha Franklin.
And no prizes for guessing my favourite male singer. Same name as some palace in England.
I really believe that had there not been irreconcilable differences, Stevie would have wanted Lindsey to stay. Imagine the alternative to what actually happened. Stevie reluctantly agrees to Lindsey staying in the band and they go on a massive farewell tour covering all the major countries in the world. But they both hate each other and do not even talk except on stage. That would kill their musical chemistry and the tour would be absolutely ****.

Can't work it out. Thom York or Otis Reading?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I fear that right now we would discuss their fake "onstage we love each other" shtick, not having to see that is the one good thing that comes with Lindsey being out.
haha yeah - with some people insisting that it's real. meanwhile now other groups of people are oh so sure that "happy happy happy" because LB is not there with them is real for this current version. people always like to buy in some schtick or back story.

and yeah, anyone who knows anything about this band knew this for years, that would have been nothing new:
Quote:
they go on a massive farewell tour covering all the major countries in the world. But they both hate each other and do not even talk except on stage. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Button Lip and Ancient Queen please stop arguing about what happened on Facebook. The rest of us don’t need to see a continuation of drama that belongs elsewhere.
just to wrap this up since i don't want that fb group to get unneccesary rep - those posts were deleted in the group on facebook. the thread was specifically about The Ledge because some people have been apparently trying to join for a while and couldn't because of the spam problems. they were asking whether there's a way to join.

we are not into mud slinging on one another there either. and i love having the power to arbitrate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
lol

That got me looking you other English town names and I found that there's a town called Fleetwood!

It was major up until the 1970s, after which it declined and "has slowly become poor."

Sounds about right.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just to wrap this up since i don't want that fb group to get unneccesary rep - those posts were deleted in the group on facebook. the thread was specifically about The Ledge because some people have been apparently trying to join for a while and couldn't because of the spam problems. they were asking whether there's a way to join.

we are not into mud slinging on one another there either. and i love having the power to arbitrate.
We do get dragged in the mud over there. I did reach out to the person that needed help and Michele emailed her so she could join. She is happy and now has an account.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still love Stevie’s music. I just resent that she would kick Lindsey out when they’re nearing the end of the road and Christine came back so they could go out with the classic lineup back together, but no, Stevie is a selfish B**** and she said F*** you loyal fans, you’re not getting a proper farewell tour.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I do love Thom York (and yes I do know you're having a joke).
And ELLE ...as always, such a self important patronising know it all. (Are you sure we're not related? So alike.)

Last edited by secret love; 12-21-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Old 12-23-2018, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I will always be a fan!

There is nobody that could ever take her place in my heart and nobody has moved me more emotionally than she has over the years since the "White"
Fleetwood Mac album! As a fan and lover of her music, both solo and with the "Big Machine" In a perfect world things would be different but this isn't a perfect world!
Old 12-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
lol

That got me looking you other English town names and I found that there's a town called Fleetwood!

It was major up until the 1970s, after which it declined and "has slowly become poor."

Sounds about right.
Completely irrelevant piece of information but Fleetwood is a seaside town not far from the more famous Blackpool. It’s also an absolute sh!t hole of a place.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do still love her. I think she is getting treated a bit unfairly here. Not like LB has been overly kind to her in many situations. I think he has been a bit jealous over her solo success. And let's face it. We don't know what really happened behind the scenes between these two. I am actually surprised they lasted this long in the band together. I never thought it would go as long as it has.