User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Thank you for the education. We all know this isnt the first time that stuff like this has happened and is continually overlooked because of the cliques on this board.
Glad to educate you. Have a nice day.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Being famous is exactly that - people know you. One by one. Or not, like in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Dude,
I was just expressing how little I know about the Finn.
Again, the Crown doesn’t just hand out OBEs. Clearly someone knows who Neil Finn is.

Quote:
One of the reasons that Campbell and Finn were picked
was because what they would except as pay. You can bet
that both together will be much less the Mr. B.
Hell, if the main reason they were chosen was because they would take less money, wouldn’t they have been better off just bringing back Billy and Rick? They could have paid them the same as the mini-Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
With the exception of the M word, that was certainly not a personal attack but more offering some personal advice on how to make this forum a better, more positive place for everyone that hasn't been driven away. It's never a bad idea to work on personal improvement.

And you are certainly not in a position to speak on behalf of Elle, she is more than capable enough to do this on her own if she so chooses. If she is fed up with the constant bickering on the Rumours forum then one only needs to look at who is at the centre of this problem every time and realise THAT is the actual issue.
Based on what Homer is a mysoginist? Because he doesn't like Stevie? Because I honestly haven't seen him verbally attacking any female poster here. Stevie's fans are ALWAYS gonna complain. No news here.

I don't think Homer is speaking on behalf of Elle without speaking with her before. Many posters here talk outside this forum.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Based on what Homer is a mysoginist? Because he doesn't like Stevie? Because I honestly haven't seen him verbally attacking any female poster here. Stevie's fans are ALWAYS gonna complain. No news here.

I don't think Homer is speaking on behalf of Elle without speaking with her before. Many posters here talk outside this forum.
They can't fathom that we could possibly be connected outside of this forum. How myopic can one be?

Thank you.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They can't fathom that we could possibly be connected outside of this forum. How myopic can one be?

Thank you.
'THEY'??? '
Of course many of us speak with her outside of this forum, myself included. So you will know exactly why she no longer posts here then.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Based on what Homer is a mysoginist?
Perhaps you didn't read or understand my post at all, but I didn't say he was mysoginist, I personally would never use that word. I was commenting on the fact that John's post was not a personal attack with the exception of him using the M word.

Last edited by Angel75; 08-16-2018 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps you didn't read or understand my post at all, but I didn't say he was mysoginist, I personally would never use that word. I was commenting on the fact that John's post was not a personal attacm with the exception of him using the M word.
Yes, believe it or not, I understood your post. How shocking is that?

I was also commenting on his post, not on your answer to his post, but whatever.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Again, the Crown doesn’t just hand out OBEs. Clearly someone knows who Neil Finn does.
I appreciate that you frequently acknowledge this as its so apparent so many others do not recognise how significant it is to be awarded an OBE, or a knighthood for that matter, in your specific field....it's certainly achieved by very few.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
'THEY'??? '
Of course many of us speak with her outside of this forum, myself included. So you will know exactly why she no longer posts here then.
I personally speak to Elle, quite often. She doesn't refrain from Rumours because of Homer. She wants to post in the LB forum more.

She's all about the upcoming LB tour.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Classic!!!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I personally speak to Elle, quite often. She doesn't refrain from Rumours because of Homer.
Agreed, I stated she's avoiding the bickering here and quite rightly so .....Homer's name wasn't mentioned.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed, I stated she's avoiding the bickering here and quite rightly so .....Homer's name wasn't mentioned.
She and I have spoken several times, outside of this forum. SHE friend requested me, outside of here. I am fairly certain that we're good. I hope so, and have no reason to think otherwise.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the anecdotal evidence. It’s so relevant
You're welcome! Glad that my little two sentence description of my own familiarity with Neil Finn grabbed your attention and elicited a response!!!
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
You're welcome! Glad that my little two sentence description of my own familiarity with Neil Finn grabbed your attention and elicited a response!!!
Well, equally glad my pointing out the irrelevancy of someone’s familiarity illicited such a positive counter response!!!!

THE Stephen Hopkins