User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

No, that would be cruel and uncalled for. It's a much stonger statement to just refuse to buy a ticket and sit this one out.
That was Alec's idea.

They weren't going to get my money anyway.
Though if I were forced to pick, I'd pick team
Buckingham.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That was Alec's idea.
It looks like Alec and Rusty's chickens finally came home to roost.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It looks like Alec and Rusty's chickens finally came home to roost.
Alec's maybe. But not good ole Rusty.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Alec's maybe. But not good ole Rusty.
Hmm... I’m suspicious of that Barry.
Jesus I feel like I’m at a funeral.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure it’s an outrage, but it certainly is shocking and hugely
disappointing.
I have mixed feelings.
I was looking for a legitimate farewell tour; but I’m also not a big fan of the tired rote greatest hits sets.
The news feels like a weird deja vu from 1987.
But Mike Campbell will bring a lot of energy and personality to the sound - in a way that Rick Vito and Billy Burnette weren’t capable of.
I honestly can’t think of a better replacement for Lindsey Buckingham ‘s sound - especially in the context of big arenas.
Mike is an amazing player and a superb songwriter. He will bring a lot to the tour in ways that people aren’t expecting. Neil Finn is a great singer; but I’m not as enthusiastic about him because it feels like it was a choice made out of convenience. I guess they needed someone with pipes given how shaky Chris’s vocals have become.
In any event, I guess it just feels like a knee jerk band aid fix rather then a considered
thoughtful crafted project.

I wish it was presented as a different band / project instead of a salvage Fleetwood Mac tour.

At the same time, I’m not sure this whole story came out of a scenario that was dramatic in the way that the press is presenting it.
It could have been that they just couldn’t agree on a schedule.
People in their 70’s should be able to make decisions at will.
They don’t work for us and they don’t owe us anything.
I would have hated to know that a tour was put together and Lindsey didn’t want to be there.

I’m sorry that the end result of all of this is that we have a nostalgia act cobbling together what they can to prop up a tour - - instead of a group of five artists who really wanted to commit to making this a final goodbye to the 5 decades worth of fans.
I’m sorry for all of us. But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.
Much respect to the whole band for giving everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

It’s shocking and it’s unexpected and it hurts.
But I think if people can put aside the drama machine and make an effort to not write the narrative for this band that probably never happened; we might find that we can allow ourselves to enjoy Mike Campbell’s jaw-dropping guitar playing.
He’s no Buckingham, but he is quite possibly the most gifted player I’ve ever heard in an arena setting.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Not sure it’s an outrage, but it certainly is shocking and hugely
disappointing.
I have mixed feelings.
I was looking for a legitimate farewell tour; but I’m also not a big fan of the tired rote greatest hits sets.
The news feels like a weird deja vu from 1987.
But Mike Campbell will bring a lot of energy and personality to the sound - in a way that Rick Vito and Billy Burnette weren’t capable of.
I honestly can’t think of a better replacement for Lindsey Buckingham ‘s sound - especially in the context of big arenas.
Mike is an amazing player and a superb songwriter. He will bring a lot to the tour in ways that people aren’t expecting. Neil Finn is a great singer; but I’m not as enthusiastic about him because it feels like it was a choice made out of convenience. I guess they needed someone with pipes given how shaky Chris’s vocals have become.
In any event, I guess it just feels like a knee jerk band aid fix rather then a considered
thoughtful crafted project.

I wish it was presented as a different band / project instead of a salvage Fleetwood Mac tour.

At the same time, I’m not sure this whole story came out of a scenario that was dramatic in the way that the press is presenting it.
It could have been that they just couldn’t agree on a schedule.
People in their 70’s should be able to make decisions at will.
They don’t work for us and they don’t owe us anything.
I would have hated to know that a tour was put together and Lindsey didn’t want to be there.

I’m sorry that the end result of all of this is that we have a nostalgia act cobbling together what they can to prop up a tour - - instead of a group of five artists who really wanted to commit to making this a final goodbye to the 5 decades worth of fans.
I’m sorry for all of us. But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.
Much respect to the whole band for giving everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

But I think if people can put aside the drama machine and make an effort to not write the narrative for this band that probably never happened; we might find that we can allow ourselves to enjoy Mike Campbell’s jaw-dropping guitar playing.
He’s no Buckingham, but he is quite possibly the most gifted player I’ve ever heard in an arena setting.
Thanks dontlookdown for your mature and thoughtful reflection with whom I agree wholeheartedly
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.

everyone the freedom to come and go? what are you talking about???? you did read all these reports that Lindsey was FIRED, right? how is that coming and going as you please?

the drama is real. did you see Lindsey's daughter's IG post last night? "Fleetwood Mac isn’t Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter"

she was responding to and liking people's outpours of love and support. she confirmed he was fired. Lindsey's brother also commented on her post.

many fans have heard this boiling (and didn't wanna believe it!) for the last 2 months.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if they were just not touring with him why would you say "we wish him all the best". You might say, "we wish him all the best and look forward to seeing where we go after the tour" or "we look forward to what the future brings" or something

I mean they aren't going to go out and bond with two new guys and then kick them out after the tour.....

I was thinking of the sh&t ton of money Lindsey loses out on by not doing this tour. And think of how much more some other people will get, because they are surely not going to cut Mike or the Finn guy in on a percentage, they'll get a salary of some kind.

So Stevie gets to do whatever solo music she wants (guarantee they'll do Stop Draggin with Mike there... and she'll get to tell a long story about Tom) and she'll get more money. She can't take it with her......

I can't help wishing the McVies weren't so damned British and would have more bollocks

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-10-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
everyone the freedom to come and go? what are you talking about???? you did read all these reports that Lindsey was FIRED, right? how is that coming and going as you please?

the drama is real. did you see Lindsey's daughter's IG post last night? "Fleetwood Mac isn’t Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter"

she was responding to and liking people's outpours of love and support. she confirmed he was fired. Lindsey's brother also commented on her post.

many fans have heard this boiling (and didn't wanna believe it!) for the last 2 months.
I didn't say the drama wasn't real. I just see a lot of fans and a lot of the media manufacturing a lot of the drama, and filling in a narrative that none of us were present for. Yes Lindsey chose to not tour, and yes the rest of the band chose to book the tour without him. I'm sure it was really hard and unpleasant, but possibly more amicable than we think. He didn't want to tour, they did. They've always had an open door policy.
Unfortunately the end result has often been cheesy and a little "off-brand" for Fleetwood Mac.
This time is a little different with Mike Campbell on board, but that doesn't make it any less painful.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Just saw the IG posts.
Guess I was being too fair.

Very sad.