The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Ledgie's Pick the President (May 16' Edition)
Businessman Donald J. Trump (R) 12 40.00%
Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton (D) 13 43.33%
Senator Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (D) 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No need to apologize to me. It'd take a lot more
to offend me.
I am glad that there are no hard feelings. Have a good a night. I am going to sleep!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of you probably think that I like Mr Trump.I do like Mr Trump.I'll be surprised that he and Hillary did not get tossed out from running. The problem with Ms Hillary is that she has to much crap that she was or is involve in.I do agree that she has the political experience to do the job.Mr Trump has zero experience in politics and he can use his business background to keep him going. I cant say to much about Bernie since I did not finish studying his background.

I have a funny feeling that some thing is up at the conventions and they will come up with a set of new candidates on each side since Hillary has her issues from her past life and Mr Trump turning things upside down with the rep party.

So in November .Who knows who will be running.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I would vote for Stevie!
Me Too. LOL... Ooh here comes the arguments.LOL.................................

Old 05-17-2016, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The VP running mates would be interesting.I cant wait to see who they will be.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
The VP running mates would be interesting.I cant wait to see who they will be.
Should be interesting to find out, though I don't speculate on it too much.

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 05-17-2016 at 10:53 PM..
Old 05-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Should be interesting to find out, though I don't speculate on it too much.
Yea .I agree.

I just got the word that Bernie won Oregon.Plus Mr Trump won too.Ever with the last two candidate quit.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To put it simply:

Hillary will just keep being a corrupt politician

Bernie thinks billionaires are bad guys so we need more government to limit people's success

Trump thinks we need more billionaires and less government to boost the economy.

In my opinion, I think people should get to enjoy all the rewards of their labor. Most successful people worked very hard for their success, they deserve to enjoy everything they work for.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

we have a person who thinks Americans should live as worry-free about their healthcare and education as Danes.

we have a person who thinks that people who work extremely hard, yet they can barely make ends meet, should not pay more taxes than extremely rich people who may work just as hard.

we have a person who opted to be a public servant instead of making tons of money in private sector.

we have a person labelled as crooked on the basis of mud being thrown at them by opponents for decades, so now it's being perceived as truth whether or not that's the case.

we have a person who throws out several lies per day while calling others liars.

we have a person with questionable business practices, who is vindictive and threatens everyone who doesn't kiss their a$$.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
we have a person with questionable business practices, who is vindictive and threatens everyone who doesn't kiss their a$$.
I'm not running elle.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
To put it simply:

Hillary will just keep being a corrupt politician

Bernie thinks billionaires are bad guys so we need more government to limit people's success

Trump thinks we need more billionaires and less government to boost the economy.

In my opinion, I think people should get to enjoy all the rewards of their labor. Most successful people worked very hard for their success, they deserve to enjoy everything they work for.
You are correct but Trump is a carnival barker and snake oil salesman. He has no idea how government works. He changes his positions every day. CEO's also would make the worst presidents. They are used to getting their way 100% of the time. We are not hiring a reality TV personality. We are electing a president. Sadly low information masses are so discouraged they don't care. We laugh at Maduro in Venezuela with everyday his conspiracy theories and outrageous statements. I see Trump the same way. He tries to bully and demean people instead of seriously talking about issues. That is what Maduro does every day in Venezuela. We don't need a 3rd world dictator as president of the United States.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are correct but Trump is a carnival barker and snake oil salesman. He has no idea how government works. He changes his positions every day. CEO's also would make the worst presidents. They are used to getting their way 100% of the time. We are not hiring a reality TV personality. We are electing a president. Sadly low information masses are so discouraged they don't care. We laugh at Maduro in Venezuela with everyday his conspiracy theories and outrageous statements. I see Trump the same way. He tries to bully and demean people instead of seriously talking about issues. That is what Maduro does every day in Venezuela. We don't need a 3rd world dictator as president of the United States.
We don't need a third impeached US president (Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton)

Notice how all three of them are liberals?

Hillary hasn't done one significant thing in this world expect for Benghazi. Everyone hated her as First Lady. She's not intelligent. She has no real plan besides "taking all the guns away". She won't protect us from ISIS because she things "it's gonna make them even more mad"

Anyone but Hillary for me.....
Old 05-19-2016, 05:23 AM
Registered

Honestly, what do you like about Hillary? Just because she's a woman? We all know she was the worst Secretary of State, an "all talk no action" Senator, and just an annoying, inhumane first lady. She did nothing when her husband cheated on her. She didn't care. Heartless.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Honestly, what do you like about Hillary? Just because she's a woman? We all know she was the worst Secretary of State, an "all talk no action" Senator, and just an annoying, inhumane first lady. She did nothing when her husband cheated on her. She didn't care. Heartless.
'Just because she's a woman'.
Do you think people like her and wish to vote for her just because she's a woman? I assume you are directing that comment towards women. If so, I'd say that's rather demeaning towards women- wouldn't you agree?

'We all know she was the worst Secretary of State'
Why are you talking on behalf of everybody. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans that would disagree with you.

'an annoying, inhumane first lady'
She's always struck me as somebody with a great deal of compassion.

'She did nothing when her husband cheated on her. She didn't care. Heartless'
That's a rather douchy thing to say. I'm sure she did care.... an awful lot. It says a lot about her that she was able to stay strong through difficult times.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
'
That's a rather douchy thing to say.
.... ... .....
Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
We don't need a third impeached US president (Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton)

Notice how all three of them are liberals?

Hillary hasn't done one significant thing in this world expect for Benghazi. Everyone hated her as First Lady. She's not intelligent. She has no real plan besides "taking all the guns away". She won't protect us from ISIS because she things "it's gonna make them even more mad"

Anyone but Hillary for me.....
Not sure why you mentioned Hillary Clinton since I never mentioned her. If you are attacking liberals than Trump would be your #1 target. He donated to Clinton's Senate campaign and praised her work. Prior to running for president Trump called your favorite liberal Bill Clinton. Trump wants a very liberal protectionist trade policy unlike free market conservatives. Trump called Bill Clinton his favorite living president.
See I am about core beliefs, standards, consistency, and vision. Trump has none of these things and he is not conservative on any issue.
So I just don't get it. He wont release his tax records because A) It will be found out he is not worth what he says he is B) he pays a lower tax rate than most Americans, and C) for his wealth, he donates almost nothing to charity or D) there is a hidden bombshell. We all know he is rich so what is he hiding?
To show how much a scammer Trump is, did you see the list of judges he wants to appoint to the Supreme Court? The judges are related to conservative talk show hosts or members of congress that hate him. No one takes him serious about this. Its all a scam reality show. Imagine if Clinton listed potential Supreme Court picks of husbands/wives that hated her. Its so transparent. Maybe you run a reality show like this but we need someone to look out for the best interests of the American people.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-19-2016 at 08:30 AM..
Closed Thread