Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

LikeAWillow: I don't know you as well as I'd like, but I identify with and love everything I know! And it has to be said... I'm a BIG ole homo: but I'd hit it!

tilthefirefades: Even though you deny my advances, you'll marry me one of these daze!

michelej1: a great source of info, and fantastic dry wit on occasion!

Miss_Vicky: I have YOU to thank for FINALLY getting me to appreciate Bekka. You have *NO* idea how big of an accomplishment that is! Plus, you're damned fun to talk trash with!

jannieC: The perfect moderator: very laid back, a bit quirky, and ever positive.

Dodfather: Haven't heard much from you lately (I know you've been crazy busy), but it's fun to have another guy around here who loves the quirky '80s like me!

MyLittleDemon: It's always fun to goof off with you! Another retro loving friend!

I know I'm forgetting people... I guess I'll just have to make another post!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
SapphireSister: Is definitely on the other side of the mirror... and I wanna visit sometime!
You truly just made my day, Louie. Thank you so much for including me and you have a place to stay anytime you want to come over to my side!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LikeAWillow: I don't know you as well as I'd like, but I identify with and love everything I know! And it has to be said... I'm a BIG ole homo: but I'd hit it!
Best compliment I've ever received? Probably. Tell me you think Bono's hot and I'll take the threesome I was planning in another thread and turn it into an orgy for you.

SapphireSister: Joking thanks to you for voting the right way in the Wild Heart thread Actual serious thanks for all the help you gave in the demos/outtakes thread. That had to have taken up time and was really sweet.
You're so like me
Old 07-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
SapphireSister: Joking thanks to you for voting the right way in the Wild Heart thread Actual serious thanks for all the help you gave in the demos/outtakes thread. That had to have taken up time and was really sweet.
My pleasure. One of my greatest joys in life is spreading the Stevie love. Oh and you're not so bad yourself! I always enjoy reading what you have to say.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn, don't you people know that I really DO have a reputation to uphold around here? Threads like these expose my soft & sappy side.

Thanks to:

Marty & Lis Adelson - for creating this place...and...

michelej for taking on the awesome responsibility when Lis & Marty wanted out.

wetcamelfood - for always looking for that rare Fleetwood Mac related disc/tape/record...no matter HOW thinly related to FMac it is. And, for his selflessness in keeping the Penguin Discography as accurate as possible.

David - my partner in Ledgie crime for seemingly ever....and the first Ledgie I ever met in person. How did we go to so many of the same Fleetwood Mac related concerts and never meet? How did we go all those years living less than 2 miles from each other and never seeing each other?? No wonder some of the newer people around here think we're one in the same person.

Miss Vicky - thanks for "having my back" in the countless Time lineup threads that get out of hand. Plus, it's rare to run into a co-Walter Egan nut.

DavidMn - my birthday share-er & "keeper of the flame". When I finally retired from the blindless Fleetwood Mac concert going, you took up the practice and increased it 10-fold. Your "road stories" were and always will be looked forward to with great anticipation.

holidayroad - for always getting me to admit that, yeah, despite it all Lindsey is a pretty unique (uh..{wince} "good") guitarist.

LukeA - gotta love a cynic...despite our disagreements over the years, and still seeing things from nearly opposite sides, it just wouldn't be the same without ya.

Hayley - you rarely post anymore, but for the times "back in the day".

michelle2677 for restoring in me the faith that not ALL Stevie Nicks fans are "Chiffonheads".

LikeAWillow ok, this is new, but the Joe Joe's thing is a really good start. And, thanks for appreciating my "curmudgeon-ness".

HomerMcVie - I don't know...I just wanted to type "HomerMcVie". We'll talk later.

chriskisn - for always keeping Dave Walker in the hearts & minds of our fellow Ledgies

louielouie2000 - more than just sometimes you are the recipient of my "head slap backhands", but if I didn't think you'd take 'em, I wouldn't pick on you so much. You've grown leaps & bounds, grasshopper. (especially when Victoria & I team up on you....Right, Vicky?)

And, to the rest of you...we ALL make this place what it is...so thank YOU!!

And, to my whole long list of Ledgie co-horts from yesteryear who've either decided to move on by their own discretion or who were forceably banned from the joint. I miss you.

Oh....AND...a big thanks to the on-line Fleetwood Mac community as a whole...since there is a big crossover from one site & one message board to another...so, to the owners past & present of those "other sites"....thank you, too.

And, finally, to my beautiful wife, Susan, who I met here on The Ledge way back in '97 (and who unfortunately eventually ended up one of the "banned"), I love you!

DISCLAIMER: If I don't mention somebody by name, and you think I should have, be patient, I most likely will before this thread dies out.

Last edited by chiliD; 07-02-2010 at 05:38 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I kinda wrinkled my nose at the thought of this being a popularity thread, but then I realized I was looking at it the wrong way. It's always a good thing to tell other folks what we admire about them.

ChiliD- Without a doubt, the best source of Mac knowledge online. His crankiness always slaps the right people upside the head when they need it the most! (myself included! )

ButterCookie: Your sense of humor never fails to have me rolling! You're a lot of fun... and a very fresh breath of air around here!

LukeA: Definitely cuts through the BS when the dreamers get a bit too far out in left field.

APerfectLie: I always enjoy reading your take on things. We definitely interpret things similarly... maybe it's a Texas redhead thing?

VivFox: You're a fun, kooky source of info, always positive.

SapphireSister: Is definitely on the other side of the mirror... and I wanna visit sometime!

Daniellaaarisen: My younger, straight female carbon copy. It's scary, really.

Musicman408: I love your eternal happiness and optimism. You don't let anybody swat you down... and that's admirable!
Why thank you kind sir!!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Dodfather: Haven't heard much from you lately (I know you've been crazy busy), but it's fun to have another guy around here who loves the quirky '80s like me!

MyLittleDemon: It's always fun to goof off with you! Another retro loving friend!

I know I'm forgetting people... I guess I'll just have to make another post!
Hey louie!! Yeah, I was just getting to this thread andyou're on my list too! LOVE the 80s and we see to have a very similar, often worong (hehe!) sense of humour!

louieloui2000, mylittledemon, cornflakegirl (LAUREN!), daniellaarisen, babba_fleetwood, likeawillow, and so, so, so ma ny more. This forum ROCKS!!

Apologies for any spelling errors. I'm pretty drunk right now.

louie and demon - I think we should form a Ledgie 80s tribue band! Who are our influences and what shall we call ourselves?! You guys up for it??

Last edited by Dodfather; 07-02-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm mostly only here for the trolling and laughs, so big thanks to nailatixela, LikeAWillow, ButterCookie, Louie, Michelle, chili, iamnotafraid... I'm probably forgetting lots... and holidayroad, thanks for all the amazing Lindsey info, and especially for working out what Lindsey was singing at the end of The Challenge, I can honestly say I lost sleep over that And Miranda, I miss her so
Old 07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I'll be honest, I never had the iced tea at all, butI'm glad you like my silly stories of where I live. As I think about it, it is kinda funny when you think about it, where else do you know where everything is built on top of each other and there is literally only one way out of there?

Oh yeah, and I like you holidayroad. Aside from having the name of the theme song from one of my favorite comedies (National Lampoon's vacation), your Lindsey pic thread has something for me to look foward to (and make silly comments on, speaking of which, hope you don't mind my Back to the Future reference from today) every day.
It's fine with me that you make silly, funny, (or any!) comments on the pics. I certainly didn't mind the BTTF3 reference. The Back To the Future trilogy is another of my favorite things!!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
HomerMcVie - I don't know...I just wanted to type "HomerMcVie". We'll talk later.
High praise, indeed!

Lessee, I hate these things, because I always forget a couple people, then feel badly about it.

I know I'm old school Ledgie here, having taken a three year hiatus, and only returning a short time ago. So, most of my peeps are old school Ledgies, too, from 2003-2007.
Michellebunchofnumbersaftername - great friend, especially in my time of need. We finally got to meet a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't like a meeting....because as far as I'm concerned, we already knew each other.
Sara1998 - just about the same situation....we met the same day, and Maria feels like a friend I've had my entire life. We just instantly clicked.
David O. - known him forever. He pulled me to the Ledge, back in 2003, from Usenet newsgroups. If he'd just quit talking about Beethoven!
ChiliD - another longtime Ledgie friend. I'm so jealous of all the Turner owners on here!
jbrownsjr- awesome Christine fan, and a gentle soul. Always a pleasure.
Macfan57 - Mary Anne. She's not around much anymore, as her primary interest is Christine(as is mine, but I hang around still, for the Ledgies(sp) - Bill, what a great guy and musician!
bretonbanquet- James, my favorite Brit, even if they do ruin everything!!!!
BuckyMcNicks- awesome musician, and resident peacock loving freak!
Steven MacDougal- great guy, that I've known since the Usenet days, too. Good egg, even if he is obsessed with GBV.
Miss Vicky - we were almost enemies, for the longest time, but we just had too damned much in common, to not become friends.
Skcin- Paula, great Ledgie, who finally has a real life!
Gold Dust Drummer - Shawna, we may be new friends, but it was a pleasure meeting you. Can't wait until we can do it again. If July doesn't come together, let's all make August!
Streetdreamer Matt - nice Ledgie, who appreciates FM, not just the Stevie years!

Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, and I apologize!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-03-2010 at 10:48 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm shocked at how many shout-outs I'm getting here, and I don't even post much anymore.

To skcin and carrie721 (I think those are the numbers, anyway): For always telling it how they see it.

To homermcvie for his bitter little heart.

To louielouie2000 and tilthefirefades: for giving me plenty of much needed late night entertainment, for giving Bekka a chance and for giving my ego a nice little boost.

To diane_k: You're my hero.

To wetcamelfood and chiliD for their seemingly never-ending knowledge about all things Fleetwood Mac and for their appreciation for Time and its lineup.

To michelle2677 for her chocolate dick.

and to all the Hos past and present, bant from these boards or not, you know who you are and i thank you all for posting.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with many already mentioned, but here's a few more:

Brian J. (estranged4life) - For his vast collection of concert boots and his willingness to share/trade with us, and for overcoming so much in his life.

Sharon (trackaghost) and Gerald (shackin' up) - for being such great Lindsey fans and having excellent taste in music.

Wondergirl (Christy) - for always being so nice.

JazmenFlowers - for being fab.

And many who aren't around anymore...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i love this thread, but unfortunately, i can't bring myself to make a list. it's too hard because there are too many people who hold special places in my heart. they know who they are, and if they don't, i'm not doing my job and i need to step it up. i know i'll forget someone. i had a hard enough time just remembering the top people i still want to meet LOL i kept going back and adding

maybe i'll be able to come up with one, later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

And, finally, to my beautiful wife, Susan, who I met here on The Ledge way back in '97 (and who unfortunately eventually ended up one of the "banned"), I love you!
your wife...was...banned?! oh, now THIS sounds interesting. do tell, plzkthx!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love everyone here!

Marissa, thanks for being just as obsessed with law and order svu as I am. You crack me up kid, seriously you are one funny lady!
Michellepoo, you are a firecracker. I love that you love twilight as much as me.
Shawna, my wifey. I love you.
Viv, thanks for the nickname. And for always complementing my artwork, you made me want to be good!
All my facebook friends, you make me smile!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
High praise, indeed!

Lessee, I hate these things, because I always forget a couple people, then feel badly about it.

I know I'm old school Ledgie here, having taken a three year hiatus, and only returning a short time ago. So, most of my peeps are old school Ledgies, too, from 2003-2007.
Michellebunchofnumbersaftername - great friend, especially in my time of need. We finally got to meet a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't like a meeting....because as far as I'm concerned, we already knew each other.
Sara1998 - just about the same situation....we met the same day, and Maria feels like a friend I've had my entire life. We just instantly clicked.
David O. - known him forever. He pulled me to the Ledge, back in 2003, from Usenet newsgroups. If he'd just quit talking about Beethoven!
ChiliD - another longtime Ledgie friend. I'm so jealous of all the Turner owners on here!
jbrownsjr- awesome Christine fan, and a gentle soul. Always a pleasure.
Macfan57 - Mary Anne. She's not around much anymore, as her primary interest is Christine(as is mine, but I hang around still, for the Ledgies).
Steven MacDougal- great guy, that I've known since the Usenet days, too. Good egg, even if he is obsessed with GBV.
Miss Vicky - we were almost enemies, for the longest time, but we just had too damned much in common, to not become friends.
Skcin- Paula, great Ledgie, who finally has a real life!
Gold Dust Drummer - Shawna, we may be new friends, but it was a pleasure meeting you. Can't wait until we can do it again. If July doesn't come together, let's all make August!
Streetdreamer Matt - nice Ledgie, who appreciates FM, not just the Stevie years!

Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, and I apologize!
awww thanks! it was great to meet up and it will definitely happen again soon!
I guess I'll try this
homermcvie: for trying turn me on to Red Stag! hahaha
Michelle2677: thanks for taking me under you bat wing, big sis
Sara1998: you're a MILF! and a great cook too...
cornflakegirl and Black_Moon: you're the sisters I never had, along with Marina but I forgot her name on here..I don't know what I'd do without you guys
buttercookie: you're freaking adorable and your knowledge is "incredible" lol
likeawillow: one of the most intelligent people I've ever known
ILoveFM: wifey
Alexa I've forgotten your Ledge name: I luuurve you
Donnie Wayne: another that I've forgotten your name on here, but you are an amazing human being.
bretonbanquet: you have awesome taste in weird music
and all my other facebook friends!!!
sorry if I failed to mention you but I really do love you all.