Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default AMERICAN IDOL: Official Ledge Thread

I know I'm starting early, but in one week (Jan 13), I will lose rational thought. In one week, my every waking hour will be completely engrossed in the minutiae of American Idol-dom. So I thought I'd set up this thread in case any other Fleetwood Mac fans catch the show and feel like sharing their thoughts as the season progresses. Although I've been known to end friendships over American Idol, I will try to remain on my best behavior.

Opening topic: I actually think it would be cool (and smart) if Fleetwood Mac would use the show to promote their tour, Rumours rerelease by guest mentoring a Fleetwood Mac theme night.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I've been waiting for a FM/Stevie night for years, but it has never come.... Don't know if it ever will.

But I am excited to see the auditions that took place in Louisville.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Opening topic: I actually think it would be cool (and smart) if Fleetwood Mac would use the show to promote their tour, Rumours rerelease by guest mentoring a Fleetwood Mac theme night.
It would be cool & smart. It will also never happen.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered

Well, we did have that Nikki girl butcher "Edge" once, I remember.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Michael Johns ruining "Go Your Own Way"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 songs in 7 seasons is not much. I would love to see a full Mac themed show with band members as judges, but I'm a sucker for this cheesy show. I figure if 9 or 10 contestants sing a tune, we might get 2 or 3 decent covers.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
2 songs in 7 seasons is not much. I would love to see a full Mac themed show with band members as judges, but I'm a sucker for this cheesy show. I figure if 9 or 10 contestants sing a tune, we might get 2 or 3 decent covers.
Definately would make it more fun to talk about. OMG, I think Lindsey and Stevie would be the best mentors EVER!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Stevie mention tonight. It really would be great if she did one of their mentor type shows. She would love the role of mother-mentor, wouldn't she? The problem, of course, would be with the contestants trying to sing her music.

On another note (haha, get it?), I'm not sure how I feel about this new judge. In spite of her statement that Stevie is one of her heroes, I'm not sure I'm into her presence on the show. Maybe she'll grow on me. Did I mention how much I love this show? I'm not so crazy about the early auditions, but I LOVE the competition part .
Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Stevie!!

She's has my vote so far.

Lee
Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved it when that bikini girl told Kara "Well you didn't do much better" when she was correcting her on how to properly sing that song, and Kara and Paula both freaked out and Kara called the girl a bitch...effing hilarity!!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
I loved it when that bikini girl told Kara "Well you didn't do much better" when she was correcting her on how to properly sing that song, and Kara and Paula both freaked out and Kara called the girl a bitch...effing hilarity!!
I KNOW!!!! And then that slutbag was like "Where's Ryan!? I wanna go make out with him!" I was like WTF!? WHO DOES THAT!!!???

I was surprised that the didn't bleep out the bitch comment, though. Normally they're pretty good about that stuff. I would have flipped bikini girl a few birds if I were in that situation, though!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bikini girl........
Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
On another note (haha, get it?), I'm not sure how I feel about this new judge. In spite of her statement that Stevie is one of her heroes, I'm not sure I'm into her presence on the show. Maybe she'll grow on me. Did I mention how much I love this show? I'm not so crazy about the early auditions, but I LOVE the competition part .
I like her personality- she is quick on her feet and she seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for the process. However, I am disappointed that she brings nothing new musically. As a songwriter, I was hoping she would take these kids to task for butchering songs and failing to interpret songs effectively. And I was hoping that she would provide a counterpoint to the other three, who seem to think that simply staying in tune is good enough to be an Idol. So far she just seems to be more-or-less Simon's parrot.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default American Idol - Episode 1 (Arizona) Recap

My favorite last night was (of course):

Stevie Wright!!! She's named after Stevie Nicks and she sang, very prettily, an Etta James classic. I like her look too. I'm sure I'll be voting 4 her.

Others that I (especially) liked:

Deanna Brown - Sang "Sitting On The Dock of the Bay"; I dig the twang and her crazy blue eyes.

Alex Wagner-Trugman - I actually thought he sang “Baby Come To Me” REALLY well. Simon was unfair. That God Save The Queen joke was priceless.

Cody Sheldon - Everyone calls him Danny 2.0. He's no Danny. But I actually really liked his singing of that lame song, "What a Wonderful World"(?). And though he's an amateur horror movie director who makes stupid Blair Witch ripoffs, at least he finished something. That's always commendable.

Bikini Girl/Katrina Darrell - She kicked butt in the throw down and then she humiliated Ryan Seacrest. She's the bomb! And she reminds me of Megan from Rock of Love!

Did not make it but SHOULD have:

Lea Marie Goldie - Another that should have made it through; this precocious, nasal-voiced songwriter did a dance song, but actually SANG it. She's genuinely musical.

Aundre Caraway - The "Cactus" song guy. He should have made it through. I thought he was genuinely musical and unique.

Did not like:

Emily Wynne-Hughes - Her Barraccuda was so pitchy.

Scott MacIntyre - Just because he's blind doesn't mean his friends and family couldn't do his hair and give him a shave and let him go tanning with Katrina Darrell. Also, his singing was totally unspectacular. This isn't Restaurant Pianist Idol. I'm not impressed by a blind singer.

Michael Sarver - The oil rig guy. Idol always has these big guys who aren't very good singers but end up on the show far too long (Josh Gracin, Matthew Rogers). I don't get it.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Really? You liked bikini girl's karaoke impersonation of Mariah but not the Barracuda chick? Huh.