Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just my $0.02 worth...

BTW, for the record, yes, the Nutter Center is located in Fairborn, but its mailing address is Dayton. 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45324. The only reason I know this is that I'm a Dayton Bombers season ticket holder. I'd still like to know how they came up with that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-31-2008, 04:25 AM
Registered

Old 08-31-2008, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
I understand, you have just pissed me off to no end today. It's okay, let's hug and make up. I'm sorry for being hard on you.
No problem I wasn't upset at any point. I am pretty thick skinned to say the least.Even the lesbian insults didn't bother me but perhaps that is because I am a man..

Old 08-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Post-Convention and Post-Palin Polls Are In?

This is interesting. The Sarah Palin pick seems to be keeping things even-steven even after the convention.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews1547.html

Biden didn't seem to boost Obama. I'm surprised about this though cuz Palin seems to be getting a beating in the news and the choice is being called a stunt. And Obama's speech is being called the greatest since Kennedy's inauguration. For the record, I thought Obama's speech was weird. Why didn't he mention Martin Luther King by name (or did I miss that?)? Does he really believe that if you work hard you can make your dreams come true in America? I don't like when anyone says that. (In contrast, Mrs. McCain attributing her wealth to her parents and saying that means she has a responsibility to that wealth strikes me as more... realistic.)

For the record, I am not a Republican. Not to get too personal, I've never even voted Republican (1996: Libertarian, 2000: Green, 2004: Democrat). My views are kinda weird. Example: I believe in gay marriage. But I oppose divorce. Another: I was moved and edified by Rev. Wright's speech that ended in that Q&A which lead to his public rejection by his "friend" -- that rejection was a horrible spectacle (is the media Obama's base?). This year, I feel like doing a write-in (maybe Hillary or someone else I've been meaning to write in for the last two elections) or maybe I'll just vote Nader again. . . but I hate to say this, Palin is intriguing me.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I do. My aunt Melanie lived in Walisa, AK because her husband was a homicide detective in Anchorage. I actually spent some time there as a teen. She died of MS in 1999. My aunt Samantha Spangler, who is not a blood relative, but she has been my mom's best friend for 40 years and shares my same birthday is an Assistant US Attorney in Sacramento. I have other relatives who are cops of various sorts. My mom used to be a lobbyist in the State of Washington. I have a great uncle who used to be a State Senator in Oklahoma. I have another great uncle on the other side of the family who played a show with Billy Ray Cyrus some 15 years ago. I, myself, live in Seattle, so i don't need to have an aunt there.

I think most people's families have some sort of notable connection. I have lots of relatives who do lots of things. I have family in lots of places because we're all spread out. So, what's your point?!
What's your point? We're all supposed to bow down because your relatives (?) have the definitive line of information on things? Please. As far as sweeping generalizations and not knowing how the government works, you're in Washington state right? Project much? I'm going to tell you one more time. Unless you can credibly back up your political arguments and other statements on these threads none of the libruls are going to take you seriously. But I suspect you'll keep braying away anyway. Oh and congrats to your "uncle'" who played a professional gig with Billy Ray. I think he's a decent and humble man (Billy Ray, that is).
Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Do you actually listen or read?! I said what she said was a private conversation. She got her info from her office-mate, who at the time was Robert Mueller, who initially headed the investigation. She herself was not on it, but by virtue of sharing an office with the guy who was before he was ordered off for deeming it a homicide, she became well acquainted with it, as he often asked her opinion on things. Hmmm. Lawyers share information and ask for advice when they have cases, shocking! LOL! With as many investigations that the Clinton's had going on, I'm surprised YOU don't have a relative who worked on one of the countless investigations. LOL!
My point was that you have no credible source to confirm what you're saying. You have what your lawyer friends call hearsay. What was the name of that cult you were in again? Are you a Moonie?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
No, it's just that you are a tasteless sack of crap. The aunt I referred to died on Thanksgiving. You did touch a nerve because you are denying the existence of a dead relative! You expect me to not be offended by that, you bit*h. Fine, you don't exist either. Yes, in my world Elvis lives with bigfoot in my trailer. What kind of a heartless sick person are you to toy with someone over their dead relative?! You make me want to vomit. You're not the one who stayed a month ith her grieving husband, who watched her wither away from MS, or any of those other things. Do you have a conscience?!
I'm a victim! I'm a victim! I'm a victim!

Can't make a credible argument so you pull this **** out. Your debating skills suck.

My condolences to your family on their loss.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! I guess you realized you crossed the line. I guess lesbian liberals with hemorroid problems, that are dying of AIDS and throat cancer from performing oral sex on countless infected women with HPV, with gonorrhea, even can say sorry.
This is ugly, homophobic and a personal attack.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Typical liberal has no sense of humor! It was obviously a joke. Learn how to do this: FYI I think lesbians are HOT!!! I just wish I could get my wife curious. LOL!
It's not funny. My condolences to your wife.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
How would you like it if I kept calling you a liar for no particular reason? I was telling the truth, my aunt did say that some years ago. You don't know me or anyone in my family. Why question me on things you could not be in a position to know. You're just some jerk who likes to stir up problems. Disagreement is fine, but you crossed more than a few lines of basic decency today.
I don't think anyone is calling you a liar. You are guilty of being unable to present a factually sourced argument. For that, we'll eat your lunch and call you on your bs every time.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 08-31-2008 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
And Obama's speech is being called the greatest since Kennedy's inauguration. For the record, I thought Obama's speech was weird.
Obama's head writer is one of the main writers for the TV show West Wing.
Go figure.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I understand, you have just pissed me off to no end today. It's okay, let's hug and make up. I'm sorry for being hard on you.
You need to take the emotion out of the equation and learn to debate things factually.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I can't see this.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Lolz.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
No problem I wasn't upset at any point. I am pretty thick skinned to say the least.Even the lesbian insults didn't bother me but perhaps that is because I am a man..
What's that wooshing sound I hear?