The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A spider just crawled down my neck.....

homa moma!!! A spider just crawled down the back of my neck
Scared the Stevie Nicks out of me.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I FRIGGIN HATE spiders, and I guarantee, if I tell you the multiple weird ass stories I've had w/ spiders, I'd have a similar experience. I swear to gawd, everytime I talk about spiders @ length, one come creeping around. Gotta run. lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 07-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You really should change your name, now, "iamnotafraid!"
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

omg, we get those huge garden spiders around here, they look like frickin' tarantulas~ last fall i was watching a movie w/ a blanket & i shook it out so i could cover up me feet & 1 came flying right out of it, i had been using it for at least an hour. so we were snuggling~
EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!~

both of my brothers have tarantulas as pets along w/ other not so mainstream creatures~ i'll look at them but won't touch~ 1 of them got out & was missing for at least 6 months~ i wouldn't go over their house inside, all that time, i said they needed to find it alive or dead, but i wasn't coming over until either saw it back in the cage or it's carcus~ they eventually found it, & it was huge when it went missing it had doubled in size~ i always wondered what it was feasting on during it's adventure out to make it so huge~
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom is like....Petrafied of spiders. She freaks....

It's kind of funny~
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
omg, we get those huge garden spiders around here, they look like frickin' tarantulas~ last fall i was watching a movie w/ a blanket & i shook it out so i could cover up me feet & 1 came flying right out of it, i had been using it for at least an hour. so we were snuggling~
EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!~

both of my brothers have tarantulas as pets along w/ other not so mainstream creatures~ i'll look at them but won't touch~ 1 of them got out & was missing for at least 6 months~ i wouldn't go over their house inside, all that time, i said they needed to find it alive or dead, but i wasn't coming over until either saw it back in the cage or it's carcus~ they eventually found it, & it was huge when it went missing it had doubled in size~ i always wondered what it was feasting on during it's adventure out to make it so huge~
was anyone missing a cat?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
LOL. Too good. When I was a kid, I had a pet tarantula (as boys do) and it got out one day. I swear my Mom did not sleep for 2 days...course neither did I with all of my Mom's hysterics (bless).

Finally, my tarantula appeared in the kitchen, on top of the toaster. Weirdest place to find her, but glad to have her contained.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
LOL. Too good. When I was a kid, I had a pet tarantula (as boys do) and it got out one day. I swear my Mom did not sleep for 2 days...course neither did I with all of my Mom's hysterics (bless).

Finally, my tarantula appeared in the kitchen, on top of the toaster. Weirdest place to find her, but glad to have her contained.

Oh! That just scared the sh*t out of me! I am so afraid of spiders! A couple of months ago me and my friend went out shopping and got ice cream, well we were on our way back to my house and I felt something crawl accross my hand, and there was this big honkin ass spider! I gasped really loud, threw my feet up on the dash board and reese cup bits went everywhere! So of course my friend screamed, we turned down a side street and got out of the car, and we couldn't find the spider!
I was shaking my shirt out, and my hair, and of course it was dark, so we couldn't see jack. Some guy was standing on the pourch and he walked over to us and asked us if we were ok. We never did find the spider!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
You really should change your name, now, "iamnotafraid!"
Tango you may be right.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with spider stories.

Oh, and a special thanks to the one who posted the spider picture!
I really needed to see that.........
Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

A couple of years ago, I had woke up at 3:30 in the morning because one of my dogs had knocked over the baby gate into my room, and of course it made a loud crash. Well, thank goodness because I came face to face with a wolf spider on the wall (my bed USED TO BE up against the wall)! That damn thing had hair! Luckely there was a shoe on the other side of my bed so as the hair was standing straight up on my arms, I flung that shoe up against that wall so hard, I'm surprised I didn't dent it!
In September/October the spiders like to start coming in, and because I live way back in the wooded/ivy area, I don't get those normal yellow house spiders, I get these huge Indonisian hairy legged kabookie blood sucking rat killing things.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

I came home from work today, and there by the back door was a nasty looking spider. I don't like to kill them even though they scare the crap out of me, but I stepped on it, and 1,000's of tiny spiders flew out of it!!!!! I nearly lost my mind! It looked like a horror movie!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few days ago, I was taking a shower, I noticed something going up and down the bathroom wall, was a baby scorpion - cute little bugger, caught it and let it outside to live and grow so someday it can comeback inside and sting the s**t outta me

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
A few days ago, I was taking a shower, I noticed something going up and down the bathroom wall, was a baby scorpion - cute little bugger, caught it and let it outside to live and grow so someday it can comeback inside and sting the s**t outta me
estranged I guess you've heard the story about the scorpion and the frog?

Jessica, all those spiders saw you kill their mother........ be careful!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
EW! In what part of the country do you live?!?!? Remind me never to come there!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When traveling in Africa this huge spider was crawling on the mosquito net around my bed. I flicked it across the room knowing it would still somehow get me. I woke up with a swollen hand that was very itchy. The bastard came back and bit me while I slept!