Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

I'm not really saying it was "ok" But I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. And that, I think, was the intent.

He was pushed to this point, and yes as an adult he should have known better - but we ALL lose our heads. And if anyone here can honestly say they've never said ugly things to someone else in extreme frustration and anger, I'd like to meet you - because I know I sure as hell have, many times.

Now, it IS his kid - but again, I think this blow-up was born of frustration and deep hurt. I don't think he's "abusive" and he's not shown any signs of being a repeatedly abusive person or father...

I guess what my take is that this could have been handled differently by him, he's the adult. BUT I do see his side and where he's coming from....

And from all indications THIS IS NOT THE WAY HE NORMALLY TALKS TO HER! I'm so sick of the "I wouldn't have answered the phone either" Well...apparently, she never DOES answer the phone, because mummy sees to that...both the kid's parents are cracked, but everyone crying that Alec Baldwin is an abusive father is out of line, in my opinion.

oh, I know!!! believe me-I'm sure the humane society has been called on me numerous times for whipping murray's ass for getting out of the yard. and for screaming at him for barking. omg...I swear if he keeps it up..I'm buying him a bark collar off topic. sorry. It was obvious he was set up-but what's the difference? he still said it, and should be held accountable, imo. I don't think it should be a big media-fest, like it has become. but I think he may need some anger management courses

sorry if I offended you, though. It wasn't my intention
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

I'm not really saying it was "ok" But I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. And that, I think, was the intent.

He was pushed to this point, and yes as an adult he should have known better - but we ALL lose our heads. And if anyone here can honestly say they've never said ugly things to someone else in extreme frustration and anger, I'd like to meet you - because I know I sure as hell have, many times.

Now, it IS his kid - but again, I think this blow-up was born of frustration and deep hurt. I don't think he's "abusive" and he's not shown any signs of being a repeatedly abusive person or father...

I guess what my take is that this could have been handled differently by him, he's the adult. BUT I do see his side and where he's coming from....

And from all indications THIS IS NOT THE WAY HE NORMALLY TALKS TO HER! I'm so sick of the "I wouldn't have answered the phone either" Well...apparently, she never DOES answer the phone, because mummy sees to that...both the kid's parents are cracked, but everyone crying that Alec Baldwin is an abusive father is out of line, in my opinion.

I agree. Again, I think he is an idiot and an ass for losing his cool.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
No one is perfect and parents speak poorly to their kids in far saner circumstances Yes, he spoke harshly to her, but imagine yourself in that position - I think it would test the strongest of us.

Just curious - do you fault Kim at all for making Ireland unavailable (likely in conflict with at court order) and deliberately using this to trick the idiot AB. Clearly you know she was doing this classic ploy?

do we KNOW Kim kept her from the call? Its not apparent from the original article Apparently Alec believes it was Ireland's choice not to be available, thus the name calling....

Last edited by irishgrl; 04-23-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
do we KNOW Kim kept her from the call? Apparently Alec believes it was Ireland's choice not to be available, thus the name calling....
Of course she did - she is the adult and she set up the time (I think pursuant to a court order) -- so she is using Ireland to get to AB. Trust me, this is a classic ploy used by parents to hurt each other and it makes me sick.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
oh, I know!!! believe me-I'm sure the humane society has been called on me numerous times for whipping murray's ass for getting out of the yard. and for screaming at him for barking. omg...I swear if he keeps it up..I'm buying him a bark collar off topic. sorry. It was obvious he was set up-but what's the difference? he still said it, and should be held accountable, imo. I don't think it should be a big media-fest, like it has become. but I think he may need some anger management courses

sorry if I offended you, though. It wasn't my intention
Oh you didn't offend me at all! And yes, once or twice I've yelled at Clancy to the point where I hoped the neighbors wouldn't call animal control

But I do believe Alec should be held accountable, I'm not saying he shouldn't - but I don't think he's some big abusive parent either...

----

And it's been stated NUMEROUS times by Alec AND people close to the situation that Kim IS keeping Ireland from him and trying to influence her as per her father...and is basically, like Strand said, using the kid to get Alec.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course she did - she is the adult and she set up the time (I think pursuant to a court order) -- so she is using Ireland to get to AB. Trust me, this is a classic ploy used by parents to hurt each other and it makes me sick.
Ireland hasnt said her mother prevented her Alec apparently believes it was Ireland's OWN action which is why he called HER a thoughtless pig.

You all are ASSUMING it was Kim's doing and I dont see any evidence other than Alec's legal team's spin. nope.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ireland hasnt said her mother prevented her Alec apparently believes it was Ireland's OWN action which is why he called HER a thoughtless pig.

You all are ASSUMING it was Kim's doing and I dont see any evidence other than Alec's legal team spin. nope.
Kim is controlling Ireland. Clearly you see this and know it happens all the time and regardles of the gender of the parent. That you cannot even entertain the thought though is a little mind blowing.

And - she was a thoughtless pig for not answering the phone - - perhaps it could have been couched in nicer terms, but if the shoe fits

Interestingly, I saw on ET tonight that AB was at dinner with his new wife and got up from the table to call her at the scheduled time 10:00 ET. If he could make that effort, then Ireland should have had the decency to answer the phone. That an 11 year old did not suggests to me that an adult prevented her from doing so. Anyway, I have seen this BS so many times that it is obvious to me.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kim is controlling Ireland. Clearly you see this and know it happens all the time and regardles of the gender of the parent. That you cannot even entertain the thought though is a little mind blowing.

And - she was a thoughtless pig for not answering the phone - - perhaps it could have been couched in nicer terms, but if the shoe fits

Interestingly, I saw on ET tonight that AB was at dinner with his new wife and got up from the table to call her at the scheduled time 10:00 ET. If he could make that effort, then Ireland should have had the decency to answer the phone. That an 11 year old did not suggests to me that an adult prevented her from doing so. Anyway, I have seen this BS so many times that it is obvious to me.
Personally, I have seen just as many kids rebell against court ordered contact with non-custodial parents. Kim may have custody, but Ireland could just as easily find a way to call her father if she really wanted to. Can nobody entertain the thought that she doesnt want anything to do with him? I can.

If this is a snapshot of how he acts when he is frustrated, what more goes on that we DONT know about? My concern would be to err on the side of safety for the child. Again, Alec blamed Ireland (in the phone convo), not Kim. I personally remember too many violent stories about that man to trust him.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know people who have seen both of them (Alex and Kim) beat the crap out of each other -- so, I think they are both violent.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know people who have seen both of them (Alex and Kim) beat the crap out of each other -- so, I think they are both violent.
well, I could see a case being made for self defense actually....its obvious there's no love lost there...which is sad....they could have taken a page out of Demi's and Bruce's book eh?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, I could see a case being made for self defense actually.... .
According to my sources - on both of their parts.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to my sources - on both of their parts.
ok. but that doesnt mean Ireland didnt act on her own volition.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok. but that doesnt mean Ireland didnt act on her own volition.
I submit Kim's prior bad acts strongly suggest that she blocked Ireland from taking the calls. If I had not done this for a long time, I might side with Kim, but experience has taught me the cruelty of divorcing parents.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I submit Kim's prior bad acts strongly suggest that she blocked Ireland from taking the calls. If I had not done this for a long time, I might side with Kim, but experience has taught me the cruelty of divorcing parents.
well, I realize its not outside the realm of possibility however, Alec himself held Ireland HERSELF to blame. not Kim. at least not until his attorney put their spin on it. I also know that if a child wants to talk to a parent, they can call that parent on their own. The fact that Alec believes that Ireland doesnt want to talk to him is enuff to make me think there is prob good reason for that.

ps: Ive seen plenty in Family Courts too ya know....
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, I realize its not outside the realm of possibility however, Alec himself held Ireland HERSELF to blame. not Kim. at least not until his attorney put their spin on it. I also know that if a child wants to talk to a parent, they can call that parent on their own. The fact that Alec believes that Ireland doesnt want to talk to him is enuff to make me think there is prob good reason for that.

ps: Ive seen plenty in Family Courts too ya know....
AB was interviewed on Letterman the night of the phone call. He described his relationship with Ireland as healthy and he told a cute anecdote about her being a dancer all the time. So, I think they get along. I think, though, that Kim pushed his buttons here and he fell for it.

I think he attacked Ireland because he had discussed this event with her before. And, he was an a$$ for it.