User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
What the hell are you talking about?! I thought you had totally nice skin! I know that is coming from me, and everyone has better skin, but I mean besides that I thought your skin was nice. And I didn't see any huge pore problems. Also, you have really pretty green eyes. Also, you have nice hair. What the hell? Not that there is anything wrong with your other features, either.

I think you should let your eyebrows grow out a little bit wider.

I have nothing to say about the rest of this, except maybe tinted gloss is the way for you to go. I can make several million recommendations. And if you want something cheap, cheap, cheap, bonne bell Dr. Pepper is awesome. Shiny, ever so very slightly tinted - seriously.

Well, thanks. Of course, now when I visit you'll be scrutinizing my skin saying "wow, those pores are huge!"

The brows - I used to have a unibrow, so trust me, they're far enough apart now. I actually went too far apart at one point & had to give them time to grow back in.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Well, thanks. Of course, now when I visit you'll be scrutinizing my skin saying "wow, those pores are huge!"

The brows - I used to have a unibrow, so trust me, they're far enough apart now. I actually went too far apart at one point & had to give them time to grow back in.
No, I meant the line of them, a bit thicker, not closer together and more unibrow.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
AND - that is why we shop so well together and have done so essentially all over the country
And will do again...
Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

a little bronzer...
Old 09-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
No, I meant the line of them, a bit thicker, not closer together and more unibrow.
My mom said that too. I assumed it was because her brows are bushy so she wants mine to be too. OK, I'll see what I can do. I want to look my best for you all next month, after all.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
(and that includes flamboyant gentlemen).
Ok Cher....
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
ha. you caught me.

I just picked up a new lip liner at MAC yesterday in Spice. it's still neutral and has a purpleish-pink tint to it. I really want a Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat highlight pen. it's all the rage and it's in all the magazines. one thing, too, I forgot to mention is primer. I love MAC primerm, but Smashbox has a great primer as well. Laura Gellar's "Spackle" is good too.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

how coincidental - i binged at Sephora yesterday! i love makeup and i love pretty packaging. i have lots of fun products but this is my every day routine:

i use target brand noxema to cleanse and that's it. my skin is pretty normal - not dry (unless it's that week) and not oily. that cheap stuff works really well. i don't wash my face in the morning, unless it was one of those nights... i just rinse with water.

i.d. bareVitamins - skin rev-er upper... has completely erased blemish spots and i never break out any more. worth the $$$$$$$

covergirl liquid concealer in pale... this is the one hold-out from my early makeup days. it works! i only need help under my eyes and this works fine.

bareMinerals foundation in medium beige... there are no words to describe the fabulosity of this product. any other bM fans out there? it takes twenty seconds to apply and lasts all day. if i am going out after work, i touch up with a few quick strokes and it's perfect again.

i don't use eyeliner. it would make me look uber-whorey. i use bareMinerals butterfly all over the lids and shantung in the crease and a little under the lower lash.

i usually use maybelline clear mascara. i have dark lashes (total asset) and can get away with it. for more dramatic (read slutty) occasions, i use maybelline volum express mascara.

lips - usually just tinted burt's bees.

it takes two minutes to get it all done and i think it works well. i almost never go to work with a naked face. i have fairly dramatic features and definitely go naked the rest of the time, but for work i feel pulled-together and i think the kids respond better.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't tried bareMinerals yet, but everyone I know who's used it, loves it, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Ulta usually has good prices on it. Whenever I see that infomercial for it, I think, "Now, why would I want to buy the whole kit if I only need one or two of those shades?"
Old 09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I haven't tried bareMinerals yet, but everyone I know who's used it, loves it, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Ulta usually has good prices on it. Whenever I see that infomercial for it, I think, "Now, why would I want to buy the whole kit if I only need one or two of those shades?"
the kit i get comes with the rev-er upper, two brushes, the sheer powder, two foundations, and warmth (kind of bronzerish). i use everything except for the one shade of foundation. to buy it seperately would cost a fortune. if you're only interested in the foundation and don't need or want anything else, definitely buy it piece by piece.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good to know. I've seen some knock-offs emerging...L'Oreal and Almay. I wonder how good those are ??
Old 09-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read an article in BUST about a vintage-style cosmetics line
http://www.besamecosmetics.com/ Besame´ Cosmetics
and I am excited about it! The designer uses glass jars and metal for the lipsticks, compacts, and liner—just like mom and Grandma* used to have. They sampled real vintage sometics to choose their colors,
and the website has a special section with details of how to imitate makeup styles from the 20's to the 30's.
You can purchase samples for $1.50 (each) from thier website. I am going to try some.

*I still have a container of Coty loose powder form my Grandmother, just because I like the desgn, and smell of the powder, and I collect old compacts.

Last edited by SuzeQuze; 09-04-2006 at 08:34 AM..
Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a weird question regarding this. When you put your eyemakeup on, do you finish one eye completely, or do the shadow on both, then do liner on both, etc. You get the idea. I used to do them one at a time, but now I do both. Whatever. that didn't make sense.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Shadow on both, then liner on both, then mascara. You freak.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Shadow on both, then liner on both, then mascara. You freak.

That was my thought too, like who does one whole eye at a time?