The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Went to Target & couldn't find that Dove moisturizer you mentioned Sarah. I'll keep looking.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I love lip colors with rust/cinnamon/earthy tones. I'm a bit surprised to hear that you wear that color though, what with your honey wheat hair & aqua eyes. Sound like it would be a bit too harsh on you - maybe the color isn't as deep as it sounds? I personally try to stick with natural earth tones myself, they do bring out my greenish eyes. Although, I am unaware of a word that accurately describes my eye color. Hazel isn't quite right. Maybe I need a new word for the combination of colors. A poet and bestselling author I once dated called them 'an iridescent, shimmery green splashed with brilliant flecks of copper and dazzling touches of topaz.' Whatever the color, my husband, and many other men have been alternately hypnotized and intoxicated by it. Deep plum shadows & liners really make them pop.
I dab the lip color on over some lip balm. But the color isn't that deep to begin with.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if they've been out for awhile or not, but it's new to me. I noticed Burt's Bees has tinted lip balms, in a variety of colors.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I don't know if they've been out for awhile or not, but it's new to me. I noticed Burt's Bees has tinted lip balms, in a variety of colors.
They've been out there... but I really like them! I don't use it very often, but I have the Rhubarb one.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Sarah - where do you get that damn Dove cream?

I haven't tried the tinted balm yet, but I've used the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer for a while now. It's medicated & smells minty, and it's not drying at all. Great colors too - I thought they had discontinued Nutmeg, so I was using Coffee which was a bit too dark. I found Nutmeg at Target yesterday so I stocked up. Kind of a cidery color with a hint of shimmer - doesn't last as long as a lipstick though.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, maybe what I saw was the lip shimmers. Or do they have both tinted lip balm and something called lip shimmers? But I'm glad you told me about the medicated/minty thing. I prefer the honey Burt's Bees lip balm over the minty, and accidentally bought the minty one last time. I still use it, but when it's gone I'd like to try something tinted. I like using a subtle lip color during the day.

I'm addicted to Blistex Cherry Splash Lip Infusion. It's slippery like lip gloss, not at all like waxy lip balm.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ They're 2 separate products. The tinted balms look like a tube of chapstick. The shimmers are in a longer skinnier tube.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ Sarah - where do you get that damn Dove cream?
I think Target and Wal-Mart both carry Dove products. I got mine from a girl I used to work with. (She did face modeling for them.)
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Still can't find that particular Dove product. I'll have to keep looking.

I did buy the St Ives apricot scrub someone (Hejira?) said they use daily. I bought the gentle formula, and so far so good.