Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I am reading 'Never Break the Chain: FMac and The Making of Rumours'. It was one of my birthday presents a few days ago. It's not too bad; i am learning some new stuff. However I did spot a couple little mistakes, I'm such a nitpicker. I'm also getting a kick out of seeing this website mentioned in there, and also seeing our names mentioned in the back of the book, very weird! I may have to show that to my parents.

-Lis
Old 11-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

The 2004 AP Stylebook for my quiz in advanced public relations....mmmm good stuff!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Alice Hoffman Blackbird House I LOVE this author, I can actually FEEL her writing.
I REALLY like Alice Hoffman. I still haven't read "Blackbird House," but I've been meaning to. Thanks for the reminder.

My favorites of hers are "Practical Magic" (the movie is dreadful in comparison) and "The River King."

Forgot- I've also been reading in pieces "Dangerous Angels" by Francesca Lia Block for about the millionth time.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Alice Hoffman Blackbird House I LOVE this author, I can actually FEEL her writing.

Some chick, can't remember her name PS - I Love You Kind of sappy for me, but not a bad read - this chick's husband dies when they're still young & he leaves her a list of things she must do every month after he's gone.

Paula
Alice Hoffman is very good, i have many of her books. Have not read blackbird house though

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i just finished "go ask alice" by anonymous, this is like the 20th time i have read it, tho it is sad, i can't stop reading it, for any1 who hasn't ever read it, i highly recommended~ i give it 3

blessed be~
Old 11-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gosh, I'm so boring... I'm reading The Power of a Positive Mom. I love reading my mommy books. Always ready for new ideas in motherhood...
Old 11-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Gosh, I'm so boring... I'm reading The Power of a Positive Mom. I love reading my mommy books. Always ready for new ideas in motherhood...
aaawwwwwwww, i LUV mommy books also!!! ~

blessed be~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 11-10-2004 at 08:17 PM..
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
i just finished "go ask alice" by anonymous, this is like the 20th time i have read it, tho it is sad, i can't stop reading it, for any1 who hasn't ever read it, i highly recommended~ i give it 3

blessed be~
Omigosh, i remember when i read that! i was young...maybe, jr. high? I loved it though...I reread books all the time, and the other night, i thought i had finally completed the "Wrinkle in Time" set (if you have kids, or even if you're an adult, you must get these for them/read them yourself) but it turns out I didn't buy Wrinkle in Time like i thought others are "A swiftly tilting planet" "A wind in the door" and "many waters" many waters is awesome, it goes back to the time of Noah and has so many lessons, and weird thoughts. Masterpieces, all of them. Oh, and don't forget the Narnia books, which i reread all the time! (except, again, i am missing one - The lion, witch, and wardrobe)

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
I think it's great you guys are reading those. Everyone who has kids should have to read about raising them, IMO! Kudos to you, not boring at all! God, i wish my mom had occasionally been in a good mood!

Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm reading the Bible. I need some spiritual guidance right now.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I'm reading the Bible. I need some spiritual guidance right now.
It wouldn't be my first choice for spiritual guidance, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I *FINALLY* finished "It" by Stephen King...its such a long book it took me forever, plus I was re-reading "'Salem's Lot" at the time too (my fav King book). I think I'm gonna start Christine next, and Ann Coulter's latest.

~Alex

Old 11-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
I REALLY like Alice Hoffman. I still haven't read "Blackbird House," but I've been meaning to. Thanks for the reminder.

My favorites of hers are "Practical Magic" (the movie is dreadful in comparison) and "The River King."
The fact that she can make me believe that there COULD be fish still alive in a dead guy's coat pocket is what gets me! It's like, "oh, of course, that makes so much sense" even though it does not. The River King is great, so is P.M.

Blackbird House is different from her others - it's like a collection of short family stories, but they all take place over years & years in the same house.

I've read all of her books, and I have yet to be disappointed, but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Blue Diary and Here on Earth.

Paula
Old 11-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Antigone - Sophocles

Shamus

Last edited by ShamHy89; 11-11-2004 at 10:21 AM..
Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the moment I am reading "Interview with the Vampire", just needed a good halloween book a while back.

Also still in the middle of "From Russia with Love, James Bond"

Thinking next book might be "The Amber Room."

I also LOVE Harry Potter, though my fave still remains POA, I really liked Sirius, awful that she had to kill him Looking forward to the next one being out eventually!
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars